OT: X. Tune in The Hockey World, Turn it Up, and Keep it On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I've also criticized Garbutt, however I feel like I've been constructive in my criticisms and haven't been on board the "OH MY GOSH TRADE THIS SOB PRONTO" train which was more or less the group think not long ago.

And where are we today? Well he's been much less problematic and more productive for the team. Making myself and J Nilla proud.

A lot of unconstructive critisism is being made all the time on this board, just the nature of following and emotional sport. What I didn't like was calling this group with a certain opinion a "hive mind" which is not really helping yourself or convincing anyone. It only makes people angry and feel insulted. What I'm trying to say is that insults are bad.

mmkay.png

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
If hive mind insults you then I'm terribly sorry.

Never said I was insulted you are putting words into my mouth. But more to say that what you said was an insult, or a belittling of other posters opinions, if you want to be specific. Which doesn't achieve anything useful.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Never said I was insulted you are putting words into my mouth. But more to say that what you said was an insult, or a belittling of other posters opinions, if you want to be specific. Which doesn't achieve anything useful.

Okay so you're not insulted...

but instead you just wanted to call me out for insulting those who were criticising Garbutt.

:deadhorse

I don't know where you're trying to go with this, but I know I'm done here.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Okay so you're not insulted...

but instead you just wanted to call me out for insulting those who were criticising Garbutt.

:deadhorse

I don't know where you're trying to go with this, but I know I'm done here.

I know "Insult" isn't the best word but english is my second language, sorry for using such a strong word. I "called you out" (as you put it) because you're normally a guy on here who doesn't do that ****, so I was kind off surprised (plenty of other posters here do it all the time, so in a way it was unfair of my to single you out, sorry for that).

But yeah I see that you disagree. As we are changing the subject, as my initial though of this conversation wasn't about if anyone was insulted or not but why you decided to call all the Garbutt "haters" a "hive mind". So best to leave the discussion.

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Satan shall be cast out of paradise for contravening the HiveMind.

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
The Sabres have lost 10 straight in regulation and are now tied for last place with Edmonton. For the Stars, the race for McDavid looks grim.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
The Sabres have lost 10 straight in regulation and are now tied for last place with Edmonton. For the Stars, the race for McDavid looks grim.

They're on pace for 55 points so as long as we only win 3 of the next 38 games we can still finish last !

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
3-3!!!!!

Was going to say that this Jets team will come down the standings in Feb. at the latest..

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
The snowmen survived.. But they are coming down if they're gonna play like that and how they played in Dallas...

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Chris Cuthbert is calling the Blues/Avs game on NBCSN. He's my favorite play by play guy not named Ralph Strangis.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Jackets up 1-0 on the Wild midway through the 1st.

Nucks up 2-0 on Florida after 1.

Blues up 1-0 on the Avs midway through the 1st.

Kings and Flames take on one another tonight, no 3 pt plz.

Sharks host the Devils.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Their season is now at DEFCON 1.

The Leafs were a playoff team under Carlyle. They had their flaws, but they scored a ton of goals and used that to win the majority of their games.

They panicked, fired Carlyle, and bumped up Horacek, thinking his defense-first system would be an improvement.

Aside from one win over the Jackets, it has been a colossal failure here, and my morning drive is all the more entertaining because of it. The sports talk shows are just ripping the Leafs to shreds. :laugh:

One goal scored in the last 14 periods does not a happy fanbase make. The fans are PISSED, and everyone's just wondering when the next domino will fall.

I can't wait.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Courtesy of Cuttooth from the main board thread:

322 minutes since a forward scored on an NHL goalie.

16 periods since a forward scored on an NHL goalie.

2 goals scored in that span, one on an empty net.

If the Leafs don't score tonight, they'll match a record set by Oakland for most consecutive games without scoring a goal for a starting goalie (Bernier 4 straight starts with 0 goals for).

80 years since a team only scored 1 goal in 5 games (New York Americans)

Roman ****ing Polak is the only guy to score a goal in the last 4 games (5 if we get shut out in the third again). This is beyond embarrassing.

Leafs are breaking new ground here, just amazing to watch.

And Eric Staal just held Phaneuf to a draw in a fight. Getting frustrated out there. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad