GDT: x-CAR - DET Part 8. Final Reckoning

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I'm having flashbacks.

Avenge me!

i, too, would like avenging.

i'll watch that video in a bit, but i bet it doesn't capture the one thing that has stuck with me the most since that night - the sound, laaaaaaate in the game, of thousands of asses absolutely collapsing into seats at each break in play. and by collapsing, i do mean full-on falling back into seats with the legs doing little to brake the speed of the fall. having been part of that exhausted crowd, i can't even fathom how the players were alive, iv's in the locker room or not.

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
i, too, would like avenging.

i'll watch that video in a bit, but i bet it doesn't capture the one thing that has stuck with me the most since that night - the sound, laaaaaaate in the game, of thousands of asses absolutely collapsing into seats at each break in play. and by collapsing, i do mean full-on falling back into seats with the legs doing little to brake the speed of the fall. having been part of that exhausted crowd, i can't even fathom how the players were alive, iv's in the locker room or not.

I had at least 4 people passed out around me. One of the worst let downs ever. Vengeance I say!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
So Im guessing Ned again.

The lineup is getting very deep. that FFS line will be quite a pain for opposing top lines.

I would like to see the PPs go to
PP1
Staal-Aho-Turbo-Svech-Dougie

Necas-Tro-Nino-Gardiner/Bean-Pesce

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Alright lets see here. 1st place team battling a bottom-dweller who is going through a rash of injuries. I mean seriously

FloweryCoordinatedDogfish-size_restricted.gif

Oh wait, this is the only team that we cannot finish with a winning record against, and they somehow get better against us with the worse they become? And they are missing Bobby Ryan, Robby Fabbri, Frans Nielsen, Dylan Larkin, and now Adam Erne is in COVID protocol?

tumblr_n1f148kwSd1r2nfs5o1_500.gif

.....Shit.....

Small correction, if we win in regulation we would win the season series and have a winning record against them one of their wins was a shoot out win. Therefor a regulation win would make us 4-3-1 against them

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

So that potentially makes the lines for tonight
(my own guesses, and apologies if I'm making a mess out of LW/RW and LD/RD)

Svechnikov - Aho - Turbo
Nino - Trocheck - Necas
Foegele - Staal - Fast
Geekie - Lorentz - Pacquette
Lorentz - Martinook - Geekie

Hamilton - Slavin
Skjei - Pesce
Gardiner - Hakanpaa

Ned
Reimer

That would arguably be the closest we've had to an opening night roster since.... February?

Outside of Reimer getting the start tonight....

tenor.gif

Projected Lineup: Red Wings vs. Hurricanes

Looks like Fast might actually play according to this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad