GDT: x-CAR - CBJ - The College (arena) Years

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
I'm expecting everyone to play a very lazy game. Get down to 0-1, be able to make it 2-1 in 3rd and finnish a 3-1 victory by an empty netter from TT pass to Aho.

Reactions: geehaad and Tryamw

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
For the record, Moderna Rd 2 is a bitch
Pfizer 2.0 for me wasn't much better. I ran a fever up 101.5 as much as 36 hours afterwards, had a headache/migraine and body aches even longer. I literally never get sick and I can't remember the last time I ran a fever, it must have been like 20+ years ago as a kid. Thought I was dying for a minute due to the lack of experience of what it feels like to be sick as an adult. :laugh: Glad it's over though I am already dreading having to potentially get a booster shot every year.

Reactions: Tryamw

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Pfizer 2.0 for me wasn't much better. I ran a fever up 101.5 as much as 36 hours afterwards, had a headache/migraine and body aches even longer. I literally never get sick and I can't remember the last time I ran a fever, it must have been like 20+ years ago as a kid. Thought I was dying for a minute due to the lack of experience of what it feels like to be sick as an adult. :laugh: Glad it's over though I am already dreading having to potentially get a booster shot every year.
Yeah today was probably the most rough I've been since my 3 year old gave me a sinus infection on Christmas in 2019. People warned us that having kids is like sending your immune system through shock therapy, and they weren't lying. At least you end up building up enough antibodies you have a superhuman immune system for the next 20 years after.

My wife finally took pity on me and gave me one of her Vicodin from her c-section back in January. Apparently that is how she got through the 2nd shot hangover earlier this week.

Speaking of which, man I really can't believe that the season is almost over. It really does feel like just yesterday that I was in the REX nursing ward running up my data plan because for some reason a hospital that literally puts their name on the PNC Arena ice doesn't actually get the station that broadcasts the games. If you had told me then that with 6 games left in the regular season we would actually be leading the entire NHL in points, there is no way I would have believed you. Especially if you told me that we would do that without Mrazek and Teravainen for half of it.

Reactions: skipnjump and Canes

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It's funny with the 2nd Moderna shot. I had one night of fever and chills. The next morning, though, it was all gone. Must've had a smart immune system that quickly realized the virus was dead hahaha. Guess I got lucky.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The second moderna left me weak for a couple days with some nausea, then it really aggravated my system. I've had Bell's Palsy, and I had a very minor palsy-ish episode that passed without the full effect in a few days. That sucked, I positive it was happening. Not a good time.

So at work we're being told we may need to have a booster in a little bit. Not looking forward to it.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The second moderna left me weak for a couple days with some nausea, then it really aggravated my system. I've had Bell's Palsy, and I had a very minor palsy-ish episode that passed without the full effect in a few days. That sucked, I positive it was happening. Not a good time.

So at work we're being told we may need to have a booster in a little bit. Not looking forward to it.
I think the idea is that we'll need an annual booster, like we currently have with the flu shot. I've read that at least Pfizer is working on a hybrid covid/influenza shot going forward, though I have no idea how accurate that may be.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
This would explain why Ned has been wearing his old helmet for the last couple weeks

sqig3hg6ckw61.jpg

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
sigh

Detroit and Tampa are tied 0-0 with 6 mins to go in the 3rd

Detroit just takes 2 quick penalties to grant Tampa a 1 min 45 sec 5 on 3

lol and they killed it off

And now Detroit goes onto the PP with 3:37 left

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And they go to OT

Detroit winning would be nice. But I think they have like 10 shots on goal in the game.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
2nd Pfizer shot just put me to sleep. I slept quite well on Tuesday night after getting the shot that afternoon.

Same. I did have a bit of "mind fog", too. but nothing too serious.

It really does vary from person to person. I've heard stories like the fever etc some of the people have posted about on here and other people just went on about their lives lol.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And they go to a shootout.

Greiss absolutely stole Detroit a point today. He's had himself the kind of game that we expect him to have against the Canes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad