Recalled/Assigned: Wyatt Kaiser

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8042.jpeg

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Unless this is a short-term move, it does not make much sense to me. By all accounts he was doing fine in Rockford.

Last 19 games- 3 goals, 11 assists, +6

Reactions: Pez68

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Unless this is a short-term move, it does not make much sense to me. By all accounts he was doing fine in Rockford.

I have seen some people on here saying he has been very good down there and taken the #1 role. I think hes got potential to make the team next year or get traded for someone who can.

I dont mind giving him games. Maybe they have seen enough of Menga?

Reactions: Mrfenn92

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Heck if they can recall Riechel, with what Kaiser has done down there call up should be a no brainer.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I have seen some people on here saying he has been very good down there and taken the #1 role. I think hes got potential to make the team next year or get traded for someone who can.

My guess is Tinordi/zaitsev

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Calling him up just so Edmonton and Allan get all the minutes down in Rockford. Smart.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois

The Hawks wanted him to work on his game and it looks like he has. Why wouldn't they reward him with a call-up? They'll send him back down for the AHL playoffs.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

Yes he has played very well since struggling when he first went down. Taken over the QB role on PP#1 and has contributed in the o-zone very nicely.

Who knows the rationale for recalling him - but my guess is that it is similar to the reason they recalled Reichel - to give them another month of NHL experience before going into the off season. When considering that the top priority for this season was to get prospects acclimated and experience in the NHL - this move, along with the Reichel recall, makes sense and is in keeping with that objective.

Hopefully they let Kaiser play his natural left side which would be better for him to settle into his role than being forced to play his off side which was done earlier in the season. That would also mean Tinordi would be out of the lineup and that would be great news on it's own merit.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

I know I have.....

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Figured they had to call up another one for the California swing as you can't just have 6. The rationale is simple as that. Murphy still isn't back. They could have 6 defensemen for a homestand because it'd be easy to get someone up on a short notice. Cap-strapped teams manipulate the cap by going skeletal 20-man rosters during home stretches in that way all the time. When you're away from home, you want an extra guy ready to go. Kaiser has earned it with his play in Rockford as of late, and Phillips/Crevier can stay down a bit longer and try to re-gain some more confidence. I'm sure he will get in games and we'll see Tinordi and Zaitsev take their turns sitting.

Last edited:

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Figured they had to call up another one for the California swing as you can't just have 6. The rationale is simple as that. Murphy still isn't back. They could have 6 defensemen for a homestand because it'd be easy to get someone up on a short notice. Cap-strapped teams manipulate the cap by going skeletal 20-man rosters during home stretches in that way all the time. When you're away from home, you want an extra guy ready to go. Kaiser has earned it with his play in Rockford as of late, and Phillips/Crevier can stay down a bit longer and try to re-gain some more confidence. I'm sure he will get in games and we'll see Tinordi and Zaitsev take their turns sitting.
As long as they don’t play SEVEN defencemen, I’m fine, they never win with SEVEn dressed defencemen

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
I'd rather see Kaiser play in Chicago than Tinordi or Megna. So bad. But I'd rather see Kaiser and Reichel play in competitive games down in Rockford than meaningless schedule fillers in Chicago. Can they send both of them, along with Slaggert, down to Rockford for the playoffs?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I'd rather see Kaiser play in Chicago than Tinordi or Megna. So bad. But I'd rather see Kaiser and Reichel play in competitive games down in Rockford than meaningless schedule fillers in Chicago. Can they send both of them, along with Slaggert, down to Rockford for the playoffs?
Reichel and Kaiser can be sent down for Rockford’s playoffs

Slaggert can not since he signed his elc to start this year

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Reichel and Kaiser can be sent down for Rockford’s playoffs

Slaggert can not since he signed his elc to start this year

I was trying to quickly find something online but didn't have any luck. I don't think it has anything to do with his ELC. Pretty sure Slaggert is eligible for AHL playoffs if the Hawks choose to send him down at the end of the year but they chose not to with Vlasic in the year he turned pro. As long as players are on the reserve list at the trade deadline, they're eligible for AHL playoffs -- as far as I can discern. That's why all the junior players that were neither on the NHL or AHL roster at the NHL trade deadline are eligible for AHL playoffs when their junior season ends.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I was trying to quickly find something online but didn't have any luck. I don't think it has anything to do with his ELC. Pretty sure Slaggert is eligible for AHL playoffs if the Hawks choose to send him down at the end of the year but they chose not to with Vlasic in the year he turned pro. As long as players are on the reserve list at the trade deadline, they're eligible for AHL playoffs -- as far as I can discern. That's why all the junior players that were neither on the NHL or AHL roster at the NHL trade deadline are eligible for AHL playoffs when their junior season ends.
College players who sign their elc’s are not eligible for the Ahl playoffs for that year.

They would have to sign a ATO and then have their elc start the year after

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Considering this season was all about playing the young players to give them experience and identify those who have a good chance to be long term pieces of the rebuild - Kaiser did very well - especially since his recall - and should be a big piece of the rebuild puzzle.

Sending him down now let's him get reacclimated into the lineup before the playoffs start and helps the Hogs out because they're missing Allan for a few weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad