GDT: WWE SUMMERSLAM Part II - #FearlessNikki Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think you can give Orton/Lesnar anymore than a dud. Lesnar went nuts on suplexes and then started spamming finishers after nothing was built up.

I hate where this is going for Lesnar because everyone will still **** all over Reigns went he's the one who goes over.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
I honestly loved the build to this match. But it was still Dolph Ziggler. The guy who lost multiple times to a guy wrestling on Main Event (or Superstars, whatever one) lately. A guy who wasn't on Summerslam. And before that - he lost to everyone else. This was like the Triple H storyline extended basically. Match was pretty good, but the heat was lacking. But if I judged based solely on heat, I'd hate Benoit vs. Malenko from Road Wild and that was a clinic.
***1/2

This match gets a 2.5 for me.

riaPvks.gif

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think you can give Orton/Lesnar anymore than a dud. Lesnar went nuts on suplexes and then started spamming finishers after nothing was built up.

I didn't even grade it. I didn't know what to give it because it really wasn't a match and the finish was either planned ****, or scary shoot (most likely some where inbetween).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'll agree with this. Just way to many reckless spots by her, and they just aren't needed. She is an amazing wrestler and the crowd already love her.

The diving knees to the outside were also risky.

That's how you **** up your knees and/or back. Like... man... these women are good enough to tell a story without getting their stupid **** in where they nearly kill themselves.

Nikki confirms she is on SD. Makes sense and I'm guessing Bayley to RAW.

Here here that TNA wasted all that amazing talent, such as Roode who got over in a hot second at Takeover last night, and Joe putting on a MOTYC with Nakamura.

YAAAAS QUEEN SLAY.

Hey it works even if it wasn't planned. They can easily spin Brock into a murder monster for the Mania build.

And then Shane can hire his own murder monster in Samoa Joe to go over Lesnar.

I hate where this is going for Lesnar because everyone will still **** all over Reigns went he's the one who goes over.

I think people -- and I'm probably guilty of this too -- give Lesnar matches some stars because it's just different from what we usually see. At least early in his run it was different from what we usually see in a really good way, but now it's different in a ****** way since he just spams suplexes and finishing moves. Even my two-star rating might be a bit too generous for that ****show of a main event.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Because I'm still a big wrestling fan (someone contest this pls) who's allowed to complain? I don't see The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, any awesome television shows having 6 hour finales. It's ridiculous. It's too much and it's unnecessary. The fans watching at home (most of them, I'd say you're one of the exceptions) get burned out, the fans in the arena get burned out, and it was evident as hell that WWE's own employees were getting burned out on the show when they showed Renee and Lita in the final hour.
I wish I could get burnt out at my job from working as hard as they do lol

You don't need to agree but if I said NHL games are too long and the seasons are too long .. They should be 30 minute games with only 40 games a season .... I'm sure you would just be like... "What the...."

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This match gets a 2.5 for me.

riaPvks.gif

I didn't ****ing get this sell. I looked at it and thought "you couldn't just ****ing fall to the floor? Really?"

That match in particular was so hard to rate. I could have legitimately gone anywhere between **1/2 - ***1/2, which is probably why I settled for *** rating. Good story, unspectacular wrestling.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Buzzkill of a show and totally idiotic match placement as others have stated.

I found pretty much everything except for Cena/AJ to be a letdown. Really disappointed with both world title matches specifically.

Confused about the ending tbh but we'll see.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
It makes sense to give the strap to Finn. You guys realize Rollins won the belt (even if he lost it in minutes) at MITB right? Giving a guy the strap over and over in no time at all is exactly how you make a roman reigns situation where everyone will eventually turn on him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
God a murder monster vs murder monster Joe/Brock could be great if they decide to book it right. LAW wants it too.

I mean IDK. I see why people think Brock spamming suplexes are fun. Hell I've had fun with it but it is getting old.

That finish can't be forgiven if that was planned. Can't end a show like that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It makes sense to give the strap to Finn. You guys realize Rollins won the belt (even if he lost it in minutes) at MITB right? Giving a guy the strap over and over in no time at all is exactly how you make a roman reigns situation where everyone will eventually turn on him.

No one will turn on Crossfit Jesus. He sacrificed his knee for our sins last year to save us from Roman.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
The thing I don't like about Lesnar's suplexes is that they are all the same. Tired of endless Germans. If you're going to continue "Suplex City", add some variety.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I think Dean's run has been fine. Doing a face vs. face feud right out of the gate after the split wasn't gonna be easy. I'd like to see how he does with a heel one on one.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they thought the crowd would react like that, I wonder if they wished Seth had it first.

But then again, this wasn't the plan to begin with

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wonder if Seth's first time seeing the belt was tonight in the ring because he just looked disgusted with it. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad