GDT: WWE SUMMERSLAM Part II - #FearlessNikki Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why was that match no DQ? Because it was for a vacant title? I don't recall they ever mentioning it once during the build.

The crowd was confused too when Balor was in a hold and didn't get the rope break. I understood it and got it right away, nobody else did.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
As someone who went to bed after Rollins-Balor and now watching the rest of the show, I am curious to see how Lesnar-Orton might be edited.

Of course, i won't know until I line it up with recaps. It seems to have worked from a "get people talking" perspective.

They need to stop it with the 6 hour shows.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
That second elbow was definitely the one. Jesus. Randy goes limp, Heyman looks shocked (and you can spy him looking up at the titantron too) and Brock switches to punching Randy's back. They were definitely concerned about Randy there.

God what an awful night for injuries. Sasha most likely hurt. Randy is hurt (I would be shocked if he isn't concussed), and now potentially Finn?

Turning into a nightmare show.

WWE revealed it wasn't a "serious" injury for Randy...will probably miss some time while that wound heals up.

Now I've had some time to think about it, I'm more of the belief now that he was just trying to rough him up and it went overboard. My initial response was disgust because of the immediate brutality of it and the graphic nature of the wound and the blood. It looked too violent to just be a work.

I'll reserve my final judgment on Lesnar until we find out tonight if there's anything behind this. I'm sure Paul and Brock will proclaim dominance and superiority on tonight's show.

The other interesting part will be Smackdown's response since Shane had to eat an F5. I have to think Brock's immediate future is going to involve the fallout from this match and he'll have another feud at Royal Rumble.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mick Foley posted a photo of Orton's gash on his head. It's at least 4 inches long

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
WWE revealed it wasn't a "serious" injury for Randy...will probably miss some time while that wound heals up.

Now I've had some time to think about it, I'm more of the belief now that he was just trying to rough him up and it went overboard. My initial response was disgust because of the immediate brutality of it and the graphic nature of the wound and the blood. It looked too violent to just be a work.

I'll reserve my final judgment on Lesnar until we find out tonight if there's anything behind this. I'm sure Paul and Brock will proclaim dominance and superiority on tonight's show.

The other interesting part will be Smackdown's response since Shane had to eat an F5. I have to think Brock's immediate future is going to involve the fallout from this match and he'll have another feud at Royal Rumble.

It really just looks like since they can't blade anymore that they wanted to open Orton up and since Brock is an animal he accidentally opened him up like a grapefruit.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This match gets a 2.5 for me.

IMO, Ambrose sucks because creative has no idea what to do with his skillset and he's given bad opponents. But ultimately he's not doing himself any favors. His podcast with Stone Cold was awful. He hasn't really found his pocket in the WWE because his character is supposed to be goofy/funny and it doesn't fit him.

I don't get too excited to watch Dean Ambrose anymore. I wouldn't say it's his fault, but he's not doing himself any favors either. Isn't it just funny how Creative has no idea how to deal with guys like Bray/Ambrose who are such deep slam dunk characters.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Thinking about it, I really have no interest in seeing Brock after last night.

Like I said, I usually mark for Blood, but last night was... it felt different.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
I'm guessing Shane will demand Lesnar be suspended, and Mick will have no choice to do so which writes Lesnar off until January.

My hope was that Randy comes back and attacks brock and punts him (which i know won't happen due to the concussion issue) and that would write brock off for a bit. I just don't know why Orton would agree to a squash if he gets nothing coming back at him. Like if you think about it Orton would not agree to come back and the first feud he has ends with him being squashed, pretty sure Randys ego would not allow it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Seth was bang on.

I lost so much respect for that crowd going into business for themselves and trying to take the focus off what was a solid match.

Seth was dead wrong. It's not their job to focus their attention on the match. They paid for their ticket and they can react as they see fit so long as they're not hurting anybody. It's Seth and Finn's job to get them into the match and off of a horrific-looking title. They did to some extent but blaming the fans for reacting to an awful title is just stupid.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Seth was dead wrong. It's not their job to focus their attention on the match. They paid for their ticket and they can react as they see fit so long as they're not hurting anybody. It's Seth and Finn's job to get them into the match and off of a horrific-looking title. They did to some extent but blaming the fans for reacting to an awful title is just stupid.

I was at the show last night and I think people are really overreacting to the crowd. It was bad the first 5-10 minutes of the match but once the action picked up they got into the match. It's not like they completely ****ted on the match with the wave or whatever.

Creative should have thought something like this with the belt may have happened especially in New York. I mean Christ, look at that thing.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm guessing Shane will demand Lesnar be suspended, and Mick will have no choice to do so which writes Lesnar off until January.

Yup Gin, Juice and Molly Meltzer said last night Lesnar is getting kayfabe suspended.

I still can't believe the plan was to let literally a juiced up roid monkey who happens to be the toughest man on the planet punch another star in the head until they drew blood and make it look like a homicide. Happy Summerslam kids.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Yup Gin, Juice and Molly Meltzer said last night Lesnar is getting kayfabe suspended.

I still can't believe the plan was to let literally the toughest man on the planet punch another star in the head until they drew blood and make it look like a homicide. Happy Summerslam kids.

It was 11PM on a sunday night, kids shouldn't be up that late at that age.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Randy`s head is pretty bad but, I thought it was much worse when I was looking at initial photos. I literally thought he had an impact crater from the elbow. Still brutal.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Meh come on, CC. We all did it as kids. Every PPV I stayed up for.

Bah I'm not saying that kids staying up that late is bad parenting or anything but if I was a company, I wouldn't worry about kids when it's past 10 PM. Personally, sure it was graphic but I've seen worse in the past from WWE (Eddie/JBL).

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Bah I'm not saying that kids staying up that late is bad parenting or anything but if I was a company, I wouldn't worry about kids when it's past 10 PM. Personally, sure it was graphic but I've seen worse in the past from WWE (Eddie/JBL).

I don't care about the kids, they probably dug it the most. If I was 12, I would be the biggest Lesnar mark on the planet. But I more can't believe the booking. The best they could come up with for the baddest pro wrestler in history is to have him legit cave one of his peers head's in?

The thing that surprised me is how garbage Orton got booked last night. You had one of the biggest vets and names in the company get eviscerated like a job guy last night on top of the danger of getting his head caved in.

Just strange all around. But hey, the entire hep world is buzzing around it today so it was probably really smart booking.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't care about the kids, they probably dug it the most. If I was 12, I would be the biggest Lesnar mark on the planet. But I more can't believe the booking. The best they could come up with for the baddest pro wrestler in history is to have him legit cave one of his peers head's in?

The thing that surprised me is how garbage Orton got booked last night. You had one of the biggest vets and names in the company get eviscerated like a job guy last night on top of the danger of getting his head caved in.

Just strange all around. But hey, the entire hep world is buzzing around it today so it was probably really smart booking.
To be fair, I think the initial plan was to make Orton look like a tough SOB and either pass out or have a doctor stop the match. Problem is Lesnar hit him way too hard.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ever since I listened to CM Punk's podcast with Colt, I keep seeing exactly what he was talking about.

"Okay Randy, we are going to have you return against Brock Lesnar"

"Sweet, sounds good, what's the plan"

"You'll hit a couple RKO's, Brock will do his typical stuff..."

"Sweet. and who is gonna go ov-"

"And Brock is going to bust you open and leave you lying in a pool of blood for a TKO'

All the build up and anticipation and being the Main Event for that? No real purpose?

And now Brock is leaving for another 4 1/2 months? While Randy is going to work on Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad