GDT: WWE SMACKDOWN PRESENTS BACKLASH (Sept. 11, 2016) - Kingpin vs. Phenomenal

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Why? I assume they've already got a contract with the PPV guys, and they must still make money by doing it as they still do it.

First the idea was that they'd be network exclusive shows. Now, they're on PPV and lose all flexibility to end a show super early instead. I was holding out hope for a two-hour or two-and-a-half-hour show, but that clearly won't happen now.

19 PPVs a year... lmao

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Come on, I mean how hard can it be to write and develop a super-realistic and interesting feud between two wrestlers, in mere weeks, for a big PPV match?

OnTheFence

Oct 11, 2009
Prediction for tag matches:

Usos beat Hype Bros obvs

Jordan interferes with Slater/Rhyno vs Usos giving Slater/Rhyno the win and Slater's pop for a contract, until the ref decides to re-start the match due to outside interference. Usos win round 2, Slater still contractless.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
So this is officially the first of 19 PPVs per year not counting NXT ones eh?

NINE-TEEN BAYBAY.

That'll give slater his double wide in no time!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Prediction for tag matches:

Usos beat Hype Bros obvs

Jordan interferes with Slater/Rhyno vs Usos giving Slater/Rhyno the win and Slater's pop for a contract, until the ref decides to re-start the match due to outside interference. Usos win round 2, Slater still contractless.

Ain't no ref restarting a match.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
if AJ is gonna win, I just hope he doesnt kick out of a Dirty Deeds. I like that theres still a couple of protected finishers out there

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
First the idea was that they'd be network exclusive shows. Now, they're on PPV and lose all flexibility to end a show super early instead. I was holding out hope for a two-hour or two-and-a-half-hour show, but that clearly won't happen now.

19 PPVs a year... lmao

So watch half of it and then catch up with VOD.

19 PPV's but who cares you are paying 9.99 a month for all of them. Watch the ones you like and VOD the rest. (unless you don't have the network but I can't imagine paying 54.99 for a PPV).

These "PPV" add value to the network. They also add original programming which will keep people subscribing. ITs been shown that original content is what is popular on the network (CWC,NXT,PPV's, Takeovers, etc...) so the more content the better.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's always been like that. Insiders with the company bet on these and sway the odds.

So despite Cesaro having 4.00 at Paf (like I said, they haven't had WWE odds until recently) for the Best-of-7, I should not put money on him? Because I have doubts said agency has insider info. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So despite Cesaro having 4.00 at Paf (like I said, they haven't had WWE odds until recently) for the Best-of-7, I should not put money on him? Because I have doubts said agency has insider info. :laugh:

5dimes doesn't have insider info either, it's people who bet through different agencies that sway the odds and others usually follow.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I love that the shows are so long. Can't ****ing wait. I hope Wrestlemania is 6 hours + a 2 hour pre show this year just to taste the salty tears.

The split happened for a reason. To try and dilute main stars appearances and to build new stars. You don't do that by giving them no platform.

Also.. the more original content on tube Network.. the more successful it'll be.

Plus.. Wrestling is wrestling. Let's go!

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
6 matches for a 3 hour PPV, eh? I'm assuming we'll see a few unannounced ones unless they plan on making each match 25+ minutes. :laugh:

Likely a Kane squash match, and maybe The Vaudevillains vs Breezango or some **** like that. Corbin and Crews also aren't on the card.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad