GDT: WWE Royal Rumble (28th January 2018) - Double Value!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Trish Mickie was an awesome feud because of the story. Lita could not act (she was better as a heel) but both Mickie and Trish are good promos and actors wrestling wise. Loved the callback to that feud.

Yeah, Layla was the star of LayCool as far as I'm concerned. I think we know why Michlle got more attention than others would. Kelly Kelly is still awful. Listening to Cole and Steph say "Trailblazer" or "natural athlete" got dumber by the minute for some of these.

My biggest beef was even some of the more talented performers like Asuka and Nattie pretty clearly boosting themselves onto the top rope to help others look like they were throwing them out.

Anyway, again, I marked for Molly and the Molly Go Round and her little scuffle with Lynch.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
i mean she got the blessing from piper to use his nickname in ufc. they were good friends (im guesing more of fan of each other), soo kinda makes sense.
i think its okay to keep her far from the mma gimmick, since obviously everybody is laughing at how she cant fight anymore for real.

alittle too piper for my liking, but i dont hate the idea.
Who's laughing at Rousey?

Chances are she has a sweet deal making a ton of money working maybe five days a year. If your laughing at the fact she parlayed her MMA career into a cush job fake fighting and Hollywood, your doing it wrong

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
They booked the women’s rumble really well. They seem to completely trust Sasha and Becky to run as the generals of the match for so long.

I feel going forward they will expand the rosters for the women to about 26 leaving 4- 6 spots open for suprise entrants each year.

This year was unique in that they wanted to heap praise on the women of the past who helped bring them to a point where a rumble for women was in a place to be successful.

Also trish stratus is still hot as ever.

Surprised the wwe made the smart desicion to go with both Nakamura and Asuka as the winners. Japan could have a huge wrestlemania.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Chances are she has a sweet deal making a ton of money working maybe five days a year. If your laughing at the fact she parlayed her MMA career into a cush job fake fighting and Hollywood, your doing it wrong
She’s signed a full time contract. Take five days a year and multiply it by about 50.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
They can still have other "legends" return from the women's division for the next rumble. Stacy Keibler, Candice Michelle, Maria Kanellis, Melina (this one is probably doubtful), Layla, Ashley Massaro (another doubtful one), Eve, EVA MARIE LOL, etc. The next rumble won't need a bunch of NXT women. When you start getting into years 3 and 4 and past, though, it might get a little thin.

Offhand you'd also have Maryse being available again, you could also add in (depending on their relationship with the company at present), Kharma/Awesome Kong, and Kaitlyn. There's also a pool of talent from the Mae Young Classic participants who aren't ye tsigned with WWE like Toni Storm and Piper Niven/Viper.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I can’t see her doing house shows other than MSG

Agreed, they shouldn't have her wrestling on every RAW, she should be a Lesnar lite. Obviously a lot more dates but don't over expose her.

I wanted Asuka to be like this, because of the t.v takings and months between TakeOvers her matches always felt like a big deal. I don't need to see her every week in some 2 minute match

Oct 18, 2011
Remember when WWE used to be able to book the rumble? they waste that 30 spot year after year. I feel like Nakamura winning is being doned solely to pacify the hardcore fans when they main event with Lesnar/Roman and coronate Roman yet again. Also I learned Mike Chioda is apparently a f***ing idiot since he did not signal any sort of tag for the finish of the handicap match, but counted the pinfall anyways. I get it's an angle but they made the ref look moronic.

I have no thoughts on the women, I honestly didn't watch as soon as I heard Stephanie's voice, she's the one thing that get's an automatic channel change for me

I am still waiting to see what all the hype over Finn Balor is about without the warpaint, is the Rumble not important enough for him to wear it?

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Remember when WWE used to be able to book the rumble? they waste that 30 spot year after year. I feel like Nakamura winning is being doned solely to pacify the hardcore fans when they main event with Lesnar/Roman and coronate Roman yet again. Also I learned Mike Chioda is apparently a ****ing idiot since he did not signal any sort of tag for the finish of the handicap match, but counted the pinfall anyways. I get it's an angle but they made the ref look moronic.

I have no thoughts on the women, I honestly didn't watch as soon as I heard Stephanie's voice, she's the one thing that get's an automatic channel change for me

I am still waiting to see what all the hype over Finn Balor is about without the warpaint, is the Rumble not important enough for him to wear it?

Warpaint + ~60 minute of Rumble is a bad, bad combination. Think Ultimate Warrior's face after any of his matches exceeding 5 minutes.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal

euhh.. everyone on social media. i dont know why you felt targeted. but even here lots of people are saying she lost her aura, the second she lost (not wrong either)

i was liking the fact that they might try to do something different with her, instead of the obvious mma fighter gimmick like shayna and sonia. thats obviously to be seen. but i never critisized her.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Apparently a lot of Legends reached out asking WWE to be in the match, and they used so many as a way to celebrate their past accomplishments.

Also Kairi Sane was Alicia Fox’s replacement.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Apparently a lot of Legends reached out asking WWE to be in the match, and they used so many as a way to celebrate their past accomplishments.

Also Kairi Sane was Alicia Fox’s replacement.
Great pick. Glad Sane was in the rumble. Would have liked an Asuka/Sane stare down, could have been cool

Lack of Cross and Iconic Duo was sad tho :(

Last edited:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah I actually agree about the part where Rousey lost her "shine" per sey. That is silly. She did get beat pretty badly but it happens. Hell Diaz beat McGregor. Diaz had like a .500 record and almost beat him twice. McGregor was running around avoiding Diaz late in the 2nd fight and the shine didn't wear off. He's lucky he had a good first couple rounds because that easily could have been back to back wins for Diaz.
The McG loss to Diaz and the Ronda loss to Holly are not comparable at all other than they both lost.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Makes me wonder if they intended to use Ant NXT women initially. Maybe Moon was Paige’s replacement.

Thats a likely possibility, they really wanted the nostalgia to be a part of the womens rumble, which was fine.... however a few more replacements could have made it be something really special.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Rey Mysterio was awesome..

Didn't like the way they unveiled Rhonda though.. fell flat, especially with zero wrestling/mic work. Just a silly point to the sign and some awkward handshakes.

Overall pretty meh on the show.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thats a likely possibility, they really wanted the nostalgia to be a part of the womens rumble, which was fine.... however a few more replacements could have made it be something really special.

It kind of worked out because it was great to see Kairi get her spots, and the Asuka and Ember staredown got one of the best reactions in the match.

I would have liked Cross though. Man I don’t care about Tamina.

Reactions: The Gongshow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad