GDT: WWE Royal Rumble (28th January 2018) - Double Value!

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Orton is the last guy I want to win. id rather Reigns cause at least I know what the endgame is.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Nakamura will eliminate Orton as a receipt for the RKO.
I think the final four are going to be Orton, Nakamura, Reigns and either another Raw dude or Cena. Would be pretty big for Nakamura if he played a part in all three eliminations.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't think we are in for a swerve at all. There just isn't much room for a swerve. Just my thoughts - I stay far far away from spoilers now that we are here. (Remember.. no spoilers in this thread)

Raw:
- Reigns is a heavy favorite. It's been Reigns to main event his FOURTH straight WM for the longest time. :laugh:
- Braun is 2nd favorite, IMO, and an insane darkhorse. That's how much of a favorite Roman is from the Raw brand. They could make Braun a superhuman monster. Lose triple threat and come out for Rumble to get a 1 on 1.

Smackdown:
- Nakamura: I think this is the fan favorite that won't happen/ Nakamura vs. AJ makes sense.
- Cena: If no Taker/Cena then Cena goes over for his belt record?
- Ziggler: Because people talked about him being part of a mega push even though he was made to be a dweeb for years?

That's honestly all I got. I think stuff like Jinder or a Corbin like heel for SD would be idiotic to waste AJ on.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
For Cena, I think it's bigger to do a 'title vs career' match for the record. You can build that outside the Rumble so I think it would be better to go with someone else.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
It’s really wide open this year. Here’s my thought process:

I still think Cena is ending up with Taker so he’s out.

Generally think you can rule out anyone from RAW not named Roman for the obvious reasons. The chamber is a RAW PPV and I think Roman wins that to set up his title match rather than risk him winning another Rumble in Philly.

So that would leave Nakamura, Randy Orton, Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler. The advertised main event of Fastlane would seem to rule out Orton and Nakamura and truthfully neither guy feels like they’ve been built towards a Rumble win (granted Orton didn’t either last year). I think people are more hopeful of Nakamura than maybe they should similar to SSlam this year.

Corbin certainly had a big future at one point winning MITB, but he’s been pretty quiet since SummerSlam. He’s definitely an option but not the top one.

Which brings me back to Dolph Ziggler. WWE just told us he’s above the US Title and him coming back just to go for a title he gave up doesn’t make sense. He would have the surprise factor going for him and on a show already sold with Reigns/Lesnar, Cena/Taker, and maybe even Ronda Rousey, the WWE Title might not have the spotlight it usually has and you can save Styles/Nakamura for a card that isn’t as stacked.

It’s by no means a sure thing, but Ziggler has a definite shot.

I'm done if Orton wins again.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's definitely not going to be Ziggler. Vince would never have Ziggler win the Rumble. I mean, this is the guy who started the production meeting where he told the crew that Ziggler was cashing in and had to make it clear "we are not pushing Dolph Ziggler." They're definitely not giving him the Royal Rumble.

Last edited:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's definitely not going to be Ziggler. Vince would never have Ziggler win the Rumble. I mean, this is the guy who started the production meeting where he told the crew that Ziggler was cashing in and had to make it clear "we are not pushing Dolph Ziggler." They're definitely not giving him the Royal Rumble.

I would get the vibe he just doesn't care as long as Reigns is the main event.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I would get the vibe he just doesn't care as long as Reigns is the main event.
Vince would absolutely care who wins the Royal Rumble match whether Reigns is going to be in the main event or not. He's not just going to throw Ziggler a random Rumble win. There's no way. They've never wanted to push him before, why would they do it when his stock is at its lowest and people just want him to go away?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
EC3 being at NXT surprises me. I thought he’d be an entrant tomorrow for sure.

I think we’ll see Lashley TBH

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I am of the opinion that Asuka should win the Rumble no matter who shows up at #30

Nakamura winning is sensible booking to me, so it wouldn’t be that much of a surprise if he wins.

Stupid booking is Roman or Cena. I don’t think there is really a swerve that even makes sense unless someone like New Day or Finn somehow win?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
EC3 being at NXT surprises me. I thought he’d be an entrant tomorrow for sure.

I think we’ll see Lashley TBH

Who cares? I'd rather guys go to NXT. Why let them come up for the WWE to give them nothing. NXT is so crazy good every single time. I say keep them down there. Look at all the talent that went up and try to think of good matches they put on. Nakamura has nothing to show for it. Flair/Becky/Sasha/Paige/Emma/Bayley have just about nothing to show for it compared to their work in NXT. How about the unstoppable 4-5 star match tag team that just got buried by a bunch of old farts on Raw?

I officially hope they stay in NXT for a long time. It gives me great wrestling that I desperately need to watch.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I am of the opinion that Asuka should win the Rumble no matter who shows up at #30

Nakamura winning is sensible booking to me, so it wouldn’t be that much of a surprise if he wins.

Stupid booking is Roman or Cena. I don’t think there is really a swerve that even makes sense unless someone like New Day or Finn somehow win?

I'd still be super pumped tho if Naka won because in the back of my mind I still expect WWE to blow it for the 4th? 5th? straight year and give it to Cena or Reigns....

Agreed on Asuka, no women but her should be winning the rumble this year.

If New Day went heel again i'd love a New Day vs Styles program. Rusev would also be accepted as the Rumble winner, he'd be winning it on Rusev Day as well!

Reactions: ColePens

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Can they please not turn The Revival into a joke?

They’re going to end up as Ascension style jobbers..aren’t they? :shakehead

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Can they please not turn The Revival into a joke?

They’re going to end up as Ascension style jobbers..aren’t they? :shakehead

No.

They've just both battled injuries since being called up, and when a superstar/tag team battle injuries, it tends to halt any sort of push planned.

The Revival will likely not do a whole lot until post-WrestleMania, and as long as they stay healthy, they'll likely be pushed come spring/summer

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm actually excited for tonight.

Just for the Rumble matches though.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'm all for the women getting a rumble, but I wish it was its own network special.

I am telling you, having 2 rumbles is going to kill the flow of this show. It's just excessive. Modern WWE in a nutshell.

Oh, and Steph is the absolute worst. In reality, she has done basically nothing for Womens' wrestling. Doesn't stop her for taking a large share of the credit.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad