GDT: WWE Royal Rumble (28th January 2018) - Double Value!

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It’s really wide open this year. Here’s my thought process:

I still think Cena is ending up with Taker so he’s out.

Generally think you can rule out anyone from RAW not named Roman for the obvious reasons. The chamber is a RAW PPV and I think Roman wins that to set up his title match rather than risk him winning another Rumble in Philly.

So that would leave Nakamura, Randy Orton, Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler. The advertised main event of Fastlane would seem to rule out Orton and Nakamura and truthfully neither guy feels like they’ve been built towards a Rumble win (granted Orton didn’t either last year). I think people are more hopeful of Nakamura than maybe they should similar to SSlam this year.

Corbin certainly had a big future at one point winning MITB, but he’s been pretty quiet since SummerSlam. He’s definitely an option but not the top one.

Which brings me back to Dolph Ziggler. WWE just told us he’s above the US Title and him coming back just to go for a title he gave up doesn’t make sense. He would have the surprise factor going for him and on a show already sold with Reigns/Lesnar, Cena/Taker, and maybe even Ronda Rousey, the WWE Title might not have the spotlight it usually has and you can save Styles/Nakamura for a card that isn’t as stacked.

It’s by no means a sure thing, but Ziggler has a definite shot.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bobby Roode is defending his US Title in an open challenge on the preshow

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They've also added a pair of tag matches:

The Club vs The Revival
Gran Metalik, Kalisto, & Lince Dorado vs Drew Gulak, TJP, & Jack Gallagher

I've added them to the first post with a spelling mistake that I'm not fixing as the edit function is still broken and I don't want to have to turn on the rich text editor again. Trash site is trash.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Their new GM is going to be like, Mark Henry or Big Show, isn’t it?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i read they wanted Summer Rae, but she was to tall compared to the roster (and eventually released).

not sure how legit that rumor was, but that should eliminate those two. if thats the way they think.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It’s really wide open this year. Here’s my thought process:

I still think Cena is ending up with Taker so he’s out.

Generally think you can rule out anyone from RAW not named Roman for the obvious reasons. The chamber is a RAW PPV and I think Roman wins that to set up his title match rather than risk him winning another Rumble in Philly.

So that would leave Nakamura, Randy Orton, Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler. The advertised main event of Fastlane would seem to rule out Orton and Nakamura and truthfully neither guy feels like they’ve been built towards a Rumble win (granted Orton didn’t either last year). I think people are more hopeful of Nakamura than maybe they should similar to SSlam this year.

Corbin certainly had a big future at one point winning MITB, but he’s been pretty quiet since SummerSlam. He’s definitely an option but not the top one.

Which brings me back to Dolph Ziggler. WWE just told us he’s above the US Title and him coming back just to go for a title he gave up doesn’t make sense. He would have the surprise factor going for him and on a show already sold with Reigns/Lesnar, Cena/Taker, and maybe even Ronda Rousey, the WWE Title might not have the spotlight it usually has and you can save Styles/Nakamura for a card that isn’t as stacked.

It’s by no means a sure thing, but Ziggler has a definite shot.

I mean.. you make sense. I just wouldn't be happy. They booked Ziggler like such a goof and a worthless wrestler for so long. I'd be totally fine if he was a surprise somewhere else in the year and getting a title shot. For WrestleMania? Ugh. That'd be bruuuutal.

If they booked this properly, then fine. I don't feel like they did. AJ deserves better.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I want Balor to win, but I'm pretty sure they're building him up to be Roman's first successful title defense after WM.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i really dont like no way jose. as in he never impressed me on nxt, nothing against him personally.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Is it bad that when I think about the Women's Royal Rumble all I can think about is how they're going have some stupid ideas implemented and screw it all up? Things like possibly having James Ellesworth or Santino Marella as entrants, or putting Stephanie Macmahon in as entrant 30 so she wins in some stupid way? Like paying the last remaining women to eliminate Asuka then deliberately eliminate themselves?

Given how they've screwed up the men's rumble year after year I have little hope of them pulling this off. Hell I'd even accept the obvious and predictable Rhonda Rousey relegates the entire division to jobbers just to set up a single wrestlemania moment over what I think they might try to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad