GDT: WWE Royal Rumble (27th January 2019) - Part 3

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I think outside of Becky, Alexa might've had the biggest pop out of the women AND men.

Either she's super over or fans were just happy her in ring career isn't over. Thanks Ronda...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know about the match quality, and haven't actually seen the Styles match, but Balor looked a hundred times more credible than Bryan. Until he hit the low blow, people thought Bryan was getting shoot murdered for not going to Crown Jewel :laugh:. How often has Lesnar busted out the Kimura? Quick wiki search brings up: breaking Triple H's arm, dislocating Mark Henry's elbow (both in kayfabe), and making Taker tap...
Baylor controlled a huge majority of this match. I don’t remember any full-timer not named Cena getting so much in on him. Even Roman got his ass handed to him.

I hope they pull the trigger on Demon vs. Beast at WM.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If they go Demon vs. Brock, I'm still thinking it'll be a mess logistically, with Lesnar's suplexes getting all of Balor's paint transfered onto him. :laugh:

But hey, if that's what it takes to finally get the belt off Brock and back to Balor, I'm all for it.

I'm just hopeful that this time Balor doesn't also injure himself in the process again.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If they go Demon vs. Brock, I'm still thinking it'll be a mess logistically, with Lesnar's suplexes getting all of Balor's paint transfered onto him. :laugh:

But hey, if that's what it takes to finally get the belt off Brock and back to Balor, I'm all for it.

I'm just hopeful that this time Balor doesn't also injure himself in the process again.

If they had Finn Balor dominate Brock like that, and only lose to a mistake last second, then I fully expect Demon Balor to dominate the same way but win.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Brock was only able to give him three suplexes because Balor was in control. The demon would kill Brock.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If they had Finn Balor dominate Brock like that, and only lose to a mistake last second, then I fully expect Demon Balor to dominate the same way but win.

Brock was only able to give him three suplexes because Balor was in control. The demon would kill Brock.

I like how they've kept Balor's "Demon" persona undefeated....and again if that's the route they choose to take against Lesnar, I hope it stays that way.

Lesnar's kind of adept at ending streaks, though.

Reactions: Cor

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I like how they've kept Balor's "Demon" persona undefeated....and again if that's the route they choose to take against Lesnar, I hope it stays that way.

Lesnar does what he’s told. I don’t think he has a problem putting over those that he respects.

Now if they asked him to put over Braun? Lol good luck

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Vince loves the Demon persona which is why it's been rarely been used, because Vince wants it to be protected.

So if we do get Demon Balor vs Brock, I have no doubt that Balor would be going over

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I still don’t understand how they thought Nia Jax is who the fans want to see

I think they did it more for the moment of her getting Superkicked, 619'd and RKO'd. Like yeah, she got some initial offense initially, but it ended pretty quickly. It was still a joke and should of never happened, but I think it was more about them trying to give the fans something they would cheer as they were doing a predictable ending.

At least I hope.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I think they did it more for the moment of her getting Superkicked, 619'd and RKO'd. Like yeah, she got some initial offense initially, but it ended pretty quickly. It was still a joke and should of never happened, but I think it was more about them trying to give the fans something they would cheer as they were doing a predictable ending.

At least I hope.

Nah a pop would have been to geek her out by running at Ali who would pull the rope down and she would go over the top, or an actual wrestler coming in.

I mean I guess this is the WWE way of letting the crowd see “payback” on her for injuring Becky but still

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if f***ing Becky would have entered the men's rumble, you would all have been happy.
im okay with it. its not the first time we see the biggest female enter the men's rumble.... so whatever.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
They wanted Nia to take the shit kicked out of her in front of the crowd that was so pro-Becky. And give her the undeserved rub. It fed multiple masters. I could have done without it, but if I was there I'd probably be marking out when she got 619 and RKO'd.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
if ****ing Becky would have entered the men's rumble, you would all have been happy.
im okay with it. its not the first time we see the biggest female enter the men's rumble.... so whatever.

Plenty of people here said Becky should not be involved in the men's rumble when it came up yesterday.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Nia being in the Rumble was worth it just to see Ziggler get over again buck superkicking her. I f***ing lost it when he did that. :laugh:

If Creative actually decides to put Balor over Lesnar, I'll be impressed.
Creative is probably all for it. It’s their job to come up with creative storylines. It’s Vince who’s probably apprehensive.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vince has so much faith in Finn that a year after he pulled him from that match for not being over enough, they false advertised the fact he was getting the title shot to sell tickets to a stadium show.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018

Oh boy, here we go.

As has been said many times already, this Nia spot was stupid.

However, this men on women physicality came from Nia "willfully" entering the men's Rumble. This isn't HHH and Stone Cold hitting Lita in the back repeatedly with steel chairs, Orton giving the RKO to Stacy Kiebler or Jericho putting Kiebler in the Walls of Jericho. I'm sure there is more examples.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I have a radical solution to Rumble being too long. Move one of the Rumble matches to Survivor Series. Move Survivor Series to February instead of EC. Would make Survivor Series an important show again.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

AshleyN

Jan 16, 2009
Seth is great and he earned this, but of all the people to give the "outside the ring injured for ages" spot too, why on earth would you choose the guy whose popularity comes in large part from being a workhorse? They really should have gone all the way in the opposite direction and had him win from number 1. It hasn't been done in ages and would give him a showcase to regain some of the momentum he's lost recently. Plus, you could call back to the gauntlet performance that kickstarted his hot streak in the first place and really run with the idea of Seth as the Ironman of WWE.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Seth is great and he earned this, but of all the people to give the "outside the ring injured for ages" spot too, why on earth would you choose the guy whose popularity comes in large part from being a workhorse? They really should have gone all the way in the opposite direction and had him win from number 1. It hasn't been done in ages and would give him a showcase to regain some of the momentum he's lost recently. Plus, you could call back to the gauntlet performance that kickstarted his hot streak in the first place and really run with the idea of Seth as the Ironman of WWE.

That's actually what I thought they were doing with Lacey after a while, like she was going to get an immediate push a la Paige or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad