GDT: WWE Royal Rumble 2023

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If this ends with Sami beating Roman, I might put this whole storyline above 2014 DB
I would too for the simple reason that means they actually a) changed lanes midstory and b) acknowledged this is what people want

I will never give WWE credit for Byran because they actively refused to let it happen. This one you'd be able to say they planned it all out and that i would give them their due for.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think they have Roman go a few years without losing only to beat him 2 nights in a row, one of Sami or Cody gotta lose
Fine. Cody goes to the midcard where he belongs and we get an all-time moment with Sami winning at mania.

He doesn't even need to have a long reign. Just give him like a month or two tops. You could even spin it where he gets beat because even he isn't immune to the loss of his buddies in the bloodline.

Or; the unstoppable juggernaut is now vulnerable without his cronies since there's a non-zero chance Jey turns completely too.

• Haha
Reactions: King 88

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Fine. Cody goes to the midcard where he belongs and we get an all-time moment with Sami winning at mania.

He doesn't even need to have a long reign. Just give him like a month or two tops. You could even spin it where he gets beat because even he isn't immune to the loss of his buddies in the bloodline.

Or; the unstoppable juggernaut is now vulnerable without his cronies since there's a non-zero chance Jey turns completely too.

It's possible, but I have a hard time seeing it play out that way, they have treated Cody like a huge star since he returned with all the bells, whistles, pyro, and video packages, I'd love to see Sami do it, but I fear we're gonna be disappointed come WM

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I do think if you have Roman work both nights. Having him lose twice would be quite the bold ending to his championship storyline after dominating for so long.
I think it's almost fitting he loses in back to back nights.

Roman has been built as this nigh invincible juggernaut with a small army around him to prevent him from being toppled. If he's down, someone interferes on his behalf.

Finally after like 2+ years the bloodline starts to crack. Sami turns on Roman, Jey becomes aloof (or turns, who knows), Jimmy while siding with Roman has thoughts at the back of his mind of "man what if they're right?" Tons of paranoia, lack of trust and tension. The once sterling Tribal Chief is now suddenly mortal. Sami plays on the tension to win and then Cody, being on the "muh injury redemption" tour beats him again. Roman, now alone (sans Heyman and Solo i guess?) can no longer hold everyone back and loses to Cody first. The wounded animal then loses to Sami, bringing the Bloodline to its logical end.

He's been so strong i think he can lose both and barely get dented reputation wise.

Reactions: mayowenty

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think it's almost fitting he loses in back to back nights.

Roman has been built as this nigh invincible juggernaut with a small army around him to prevent him from being toppled. If he's down, someone interferes on his behalf.

Finally after like 2+ years the bloodline starts to crack. Sami turns on Roman, Jey becomes aloof (or turns, who knows), Jimmy while siding with Roman has thoughts at the back of his mind of "man what if they're right?" Tons of paranoia, lack of trust and tension. The once sterling Tribal Chief is now suddenly mortal. Sami plays on the tension to win and then Cody, being on the "muh injury redemption" tour beats him again. Roman, now alone (sans Heyman and Solo i guess?) can no longer hold everyone back and loses to Cody first. The wounded animal then loses to Sami, bringing the Bloodline to its logical end.

He's been so strong i think he can lose both and barely get dented reputation wise.

It's as definitive an ending to this Roman run as you can book, then you can revist the Roman/Jey feud and start turning Roman back face

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I would also accept Sami winning the title in Montreal. The pop he would get from that crowd would register on the Richter scale and that could probably be used to play into the further disintegration of the bloodline since then it would be Cody vs a likely even more paranoid, fragile Roman.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would also accept Sami winning the title in Montreal. The pop he would get from that crowd would register on the Richter scale and that could probably be used to play into the further disintegration of the bloodline since then it would be Cody vs a likely even more paranoid, fragile Roman.

My only issue here is what does Sami do at Mania? He would be the hottest babyface in wrestling but no top heel act to face.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seeing Jey walk out during that was both heartbreaking and insane. I wonder if this ends with a rift between him and Jimmy.
With that there’s really so many ways they can go.

The more I think about it, this ends with Sami and KO as tag champions, AND Sami vs. Roman at Wrestlemania. There’s a lot of me in the immediate aftermath that feels you did this, and now you can go all the way.

Kinda sucks Cody won the Rumble because there’s no role for him here. I trust Hunter has a path to insert him here, but seeing what I’ve seen and knowing what I know, it’s still not the right time. He should not be winning a title at Wrestlemania.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
My only issue here is what does Sami do at Mania? He would be the hottest babyface in wrestling but no top heel act to face.
Is it crazy to think WM doesn’t need both belts defended? This story concluding is going to be the biggest thing neary in a decade in WWE and I don’t think a brief cooldown would hurt.

Edit- I realize now I said both belts as if one would be defended. My bad. Yeah I dunno. That’s an awful fast turnaround. Maybe Owens Vs Zayn if Sami owes KO for helping him beat Roman.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I do think if you have Roman work both nights. Having him lose twice would be quite the bold ending to his championship storyline after dominating for so long.
I don’t think that. I think you have him lose once and keep the other title. If Sami doesn’t beat him, then neither should. Sami beating Roman, if he does, should be the culmination of the end of Roman’s run. Roman losing twice cheapens it for both guys. The goal is now to make Sami a made man. Cody can come later. I don’t even like Roman having a match on night 1 and giving an out that he’s ‘softened up.’ If you’re going all the way, go all the way.

I don’t know if it it even seems that way now, but by the time we get to Wrestlemania, it will in retrospect.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's also super personal with Sami. Cody's story is about the title. Sami's is about Roman, and vice versa. With jey walking out, Roman believes Sami has broken up his family.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I might even go as far as having Reigns lose the WWE title in some random triple threat at or before EC and then have that guy vs. Cody at Wrestlemania. Have Zayn win the EC match to face Reigns at Wrestlemania. It's the Universal reign you want to protect.

Reactions: hockey20000

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Cody will come out tomorrow and give a fake cry, “this is for my dad” and cut the same promo he’s been cutting. Again, Cody is a great wrestler, he’s also a great asshole.

Usually you Remember the Royal Rumble for the winner, tonight, it was all about Sami. The entire show revolves around Sami and the Bloodline.

I originally thought it would be KO/Sami for the belts against the Usos, but f***ing hell, Sami is almost Daniel Bryan over. Put the strap on him, even if it’s only for a few months.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Cody will come out tomorrow and give a fake cry, “this is for my dad” and cut the same promo he’s been cutting. Again, Cody is a great wrestler, he’s also a great asshole.

Usually you Remember the Royal Rumble for the winner, tonight, it was all about Sami. The entire show revolves around Sami and the Bloodline.

I originally thought it would be KO/Sami for the belts against the Usos, but f***ing hell, Sami is almost Daniel Bryan over. Put the strap on him, even if it’s only for a few months.
Sami over Roman in Montreal for the Universal Championship. Sami Vs. KO at Wrestlemania in return for KO’s help in Montreal. Roman Vs. Cody for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania. I don’t care who wins.

Reactions: BahlDeep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad