OT: WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread: World WRoman Entertainment

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'd love to see WWE book a Dean/Roman feud with some god damn truth.

Have Roman turn heel. Have the authority align with him because they think he's the best choice to be the face of the company. It's the truth. Have Roman get on the mic and say "I don't need the fans, I'm the face of the company whether you like it or not." It's the truth.

Then have Dean come out and drop some real nasty truth on the mic: "I've always been better than Roman and everyone knows it, but I always come up just short because he's the company's golden boy. But the fact is Roman, you're not that good, and nobody likes you." And go from there.

Sure, it kicks the 4th wall a little bit, but so what? It's 2016.

Pipedream, I know. Most likely, Roman will be face superman forever, and Dean will be his brother forever, jobbing to him forever. And even if Dean turns on him, WWE will book it as a heel turn, which they shouldn't because Dean would get legendary pops turning on Roman. But they would.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I'd love to see WWE book a Dean/Roman feud with some god damn truth.

Have Roman turn heel. Have the authority align with him because they think he's the best choice to be the face of the company. It's the truth. Have Roman get on the mic and say "I don't need the fans, I'm the face of the company whether you like it or not." It's the truth.

Then have Dean come out and drop some real nasty truth on the mic: "I've always been better than Roman and everyone knows it, but I always come up just short because he's the company's golden boy. But the fact is Roman, you're not that good, and nobody likes you." And go from there.

Sure, it kicks the 4th wall a little bit, but so what? It's 2016.

Pipedream, I know. Most likely, Roman will be face superman forever, and Dean will be his brother forever, jobbing to him forever. And even if Dean turns on him, WWE will book it as a heel turn, which they shouldn't because Dean would get legendary pops turning on Roman. But they would.

this. this is all they needed to do. and they failed to do it.

and Shane vs Taker?? you can tell literally every guy is injured.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I love when they chanted Golllllldbeeeerg and then they started with GILLLLLLLBEEEERG when ryback was in that horrible match. I was cracking up.

And how are you putting Shane McMahon against Undertaker at WM? What an ******* this Vince McMahon guy. You are gonna retire Taker in his home state with a non wrestler. **** you.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
WWE needs to pass the torch already - Shane vs. Undertaker? Who cares? HHH as champion again? Time for the next generation.

You are literally the only person that isn't excited about shane being back :laugh:

Everyone is rooting for Triple H to beat the piss out of reigns, too.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
That's too funny because I'm hoping Reigns wins the title. Figures.

2 46 year olds and a 50 year old in your "headlining" events. Yawn.

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
That's too funny because I'm hoping Reigns wins the title. Figures.

2 46 year olds and a 50 year old in your "headlining" events. Yawn.

They're legends and everyone loves them and it's the biggest event of the year. Also, like half the main roster is injured, pretty simple.

Reigns meanwhile, gets shoved down everyones throats as superman and they are sick of it.

How's it feel to be a minority? :laugh:

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
You are literally the only person that isn't excited about shane being back :laugh:

Everyone is rooting for Triple H to beat the piss out of reigns, too.

excited to have shane back for the potential storyline yes...excited to watch shane vs taker lol not even slightly. so awful

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't think the problem is Reigns so much as how they've booked him.

I was watching Fastlane on Sunday and couldn't help but see similarities to Kevin Nash circa 1994/95.

When Diesel when out there and just beat the tar out of his opponents, people dug him. But then they tried to have him smile and be "friendly" and the fans didn't buy into that.

The challenge with Reigns is that they don't set him up to be a no frills ass kicker. They're trying to "humanize" him too much and it's having the opposite effect. They're trying to make him look too polished and too vulnerable. No one believes Reigns as a sympathetic underdog - there's nothing underdogish about him.

However, they would believe him as a guy who just goes out there and destroys unlikeable people. No weird posing afterwards, not looking for crowd approval before you do a move - just seek and destroy.

Reigns needs to be booked like Nash circa 1994 or Batista circa 2004.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
When I see Reigns he just looks stupid. He's dressed like a SWAT team reject and can't transition out of that SHIELD gimmick. Its boring. Dress him in a leather jacket or something. Dress him like a ****ing biker. It would be ten times better than that stupid bulletproof vest with those baggy pants and combat boots.

And please don't let him talk.

See he's just not the guy.

He's not. Ambrose and Rollins are 10x better.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
They're legends and everyone loves them and it's the biggest event of the year. Also, like half the main roster is injured, pretty simple.

Reigns meanwhile, gets shoved down everyones throats as superman and they are sick of it.

How's it feel to be a minority? :laugh:

Obviously not everyone. Don't get me wrong, I like(d) HHH, Undertaker, Shane, etc... but the WWE is a ****ing joke compared to what it used to be. All of their major players are passed their prime. You look back at the heyday of WCW/WWF and the core guys were all in their prime - Hart, Nash, Sting, Austin, Undertaker, Foley, DDP, Hogan, Steiner, Buff, Kane, Jericho, etc... Who are those guys now? Reigns and Lesner? Dudley Boyz are into their 40's, Sting is 56, Undertaker 50, HHH 46, Big Show is 44, Jericho 45, etc... And these are still the headliners. Where's the new blood?

And how can you hate on Reigns when he's the hardest working guy in the sport and especially after last night? It's not his fault they throw him out there all the time.

Minority? I don't give a ****. The WWE could, and should, be a lot better than what it's become.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Thoughts on Takeover Dallas?

I feel bad for people who didn't enjoy the Nak match as a 5 star masterpiece. I have rarely enjoyed a match, movie, game, or any piece of entertainment as much as I did that one match. I couldn't imagine living in a world where I was just meh about the match. It'd suck.

Not that i'd argue with anyone who says it wasn't one of the best matches ever. Just that I'm glad I was able to enjoy it as if it was because it made it that much better for me as a viewer. Wish i could enjoy every match the way I did that one.

I'm praying somehow he gets the callup on Monday for Smarkmania

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Thoughts on Takeover Dallas?

I feel bad for people who didn't enjoy the Nak match as a 5 star masterpiece. I have rarely enjoyed a match, movie, game, or any piece of entertainment as much as I did that one match. I couldn't imagine living in a world where I was just meh about the match. It'd suck.

Not that i'd argue with anyone who says it wasn't one of the best matches ever. Just that I'm glad I was able to enjoy it as if it was because it made it that much better for me as a viewer. Wish i could enjoy every match the way I did that one.

I'm praying somehow he gets the callup on Monday for Smarkmania

Everyone with brain cells loved it over on the wrestling board. A+

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
This will be the first Wrestlemania I have watched since my father died.
Having two boys 8 and 10 who have become infatuated with WWE in the last year.
The New Day is the best thing WWE has created in a long time.
Dean Ambrose is awesome. I would turn him into a heel and make him legendary.

*Bob Richards*

In watching some old Stone Cold Steve Austin clips, I always marveled at the incredible chemistry between Austin and the guy throwing him his beers.

I don't think they ever botched one ever LOL.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Have to work tomorrow night and really don't feel like I'm missing much.

Least excited I've been for Wrestlemania since 27 and 27 was a toilet fire so that's saying something.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This will be the first Wrestlemania I have watched since my father died.
Having two boys 8 and 10 who have become infatuated with WWE in the last year.
The New Day is the best thing WWE has created in a long time.
Dean Ambrose is awesome. I would turn him into a heel and make him legendary.

I'm not against turning Dean heel, but he just can't do it against Roman. Just won't work. He'd get massive face pops. Satan himself could come out and screw Roman and would get a massive pop.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The problem with Reigns is mostly booking but he doesn't do himself many favors either. He has star quality in his appearance...but his monotone boring delivery on the mic just kills him. There's also that Rollins and Ambrose changed gear and reinvented themselves and he just kept being the same guy. Though...again...that's not really his call.

He's now simply the face of "this is who we picked deal with it" and has been since Bray Wyatt unceremoniously dumped Daniel Bryan out of the 2015 Rumble and everyone realized the brief moment of affecting who becomes a star had ended with a thud mid match.

People say it's because people think it's being handed to him...but it's more that the booking cheated too many corners. The audience never had anything to connect to him before they decided to strap the rocket to his back. Rock, Austin, Cena...they all were heels the audience came to see as cool and they turned them Babyface before the company did. They push Reigns out there and tell you "hey..He's the coolest guy!" And it doesn't work like that.

Last year they should have turned him and made him the heel entitled, hand picked champion of the Authority who killed everyone when the bell rang. It would have had enough truth to it that the audience would have believed and connected to him more and enough badass to it that by now they'd have what they wanted...people who like him.

Instead they wasted the year and people hate him more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad