OT: WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread: World WRoman Entertainment

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Punk isn't coming back unfortunately.

I am so glad about Machine Gun Anderson and Gallows coming to join Finn Balor in the WWE version of Bullet Club. I hope they are heels.

I can't wait for Nakamara vs Daniel Bryan

And AJ Styles came at the right moment when they have no choice but to push him. He should at the very least be IC Champ.\

Lots of injuries but in a way thats good it forces other guys to be pushed. I don't understand their reluctance to push Ziggler. I don't. He must be a horrible person backstage or banged Stephanie McMahon or IDK.

I like the divas. I love Sasha and Paige. And evil Emma has completely reinvented herself and I wish they took the women more seriously. In fact they should get their own one hour show to have more airtime and character development.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
WOW a WWE thread on HF i love it.. Those of you who don't know i was a former pro wrestler and have owned a company for over 20 yrs.. I was the first promoter to ever book CM PUNK and Daniel Bryan AKA Brian Danielso on the east coast under my company name JCW ,, The bullet club coming to WWE can completely turn wrestling on it's ear and have it go on a ten year run for the good.. The person who holds the key to making this work is Paul E Danerously he is the only man i would trust with this angle..

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Been a wrestling fan all my life.

Came of age during Hogan and Flair's prime years and still keep up with it.

Favorite eras were 87 to about 92 and 97 to about 2001.

Always leaned more WWF/WWE than WCW, generally liked workers over talkers.

Michaels and Hart are my 1 and 1A.

Think Curt Hennig would've been right up there with them if he hadn't gotten hurt.

Think tag team wrestling is a lost art and a much better way to get younger wrestlers some experience or cover up their weaknesses.

Think Dolph Ziggler is a painfully under-utilized talent.

Think the WWE Network is the best entertainment investment I've made in years.

Controversial Opinions:

Respect Taker but was never a fan.

Think Sting is overrated.

Think Triple H is underrated.

Not a Cena fan but think he doesn't get enough credit as a worker.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
WOW a WWE thread on HF i love it.. Those of you who don't know i was a former pro wrestler and have owned a company for over 20 yrs.. I was the first promoter to ever book CM PUNK and Daniel Bryan AKA Brian Danielso on the east coast under my company name JCW ,, The bullet club coming to WWE can completely turn wrestling on it's ear and have it go on a ten year run for the good.. The person who holds the key to making this work is Paul E Danerously he is the only man i would trust with this angle..

I don't know if you remember the match, but there's a match online, Bryan Danielson vs Kamala, and I'm pretty sure I saw you and Danielson yelled to you on the mic at one point. :laugh:

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
You are telling me Dagoon was a member of Insane Clown Posse this entire time?

That said, I love Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. Gable is a hell of a wrestler.

I think Bullet Club is good for the biz. Nxt is good for the Biz. WWE has become too cartoony since they went public and I just don't think they have to be. Though I don't know a thing about who their sponsors are or what their demands are. But they should be able to separate their brands so they can have the kids show and then the adult stuff. Smackdown should be more about the wrestling like Daniel Bryan said. You can feature the IC title on that show, the traditional workers title and then have the cartoony stuff on Raw. That said RAW no longer fits the product. You don't have to be vulgar to tell compelling stories. The physical violence has always been there but you dont need to be cactus jack to be thrilling in the ring.

They never do anything interesting like for instance, how is it they have yet to make an angle where Dean Ambrose is stripped of his title by some whinning done by Kevin Owens who proves Ambrose is insane and has him commited to an institution and for a whole month you see Ambrose play along until he gets his chance to break out in a thrilling escape scene where he fights off orderlies and fools them. That whole sequence would be epic and end with Ambrose crashing Raw or a ppv in an ambulance ala stone cold steve austin and winning back his title after Owens has been taunting and bragging and generating nuclear heat for a whole month. That is a story they could do and it would entertaining as hell as Ambrose is entertaining as hell and Owens can talk and they dont do that.

Theres so much they could do with the Wyatts that is a shame they dont pull off. Imagine Bray vs Balor and later Bullet Club. Imagine Dolph Ziggler seducing Stephanie McMahon kayfabe and pissing off triple h. Imagine Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar, david vs goliath. But they dont do anything creative, they push Roman Reigns because of his look but then have him squash everyone with no real stories. The most story they ever got was when Wyatt threatened his kid. And their best performer is out with a severe knee injury. They can do so much more with Rusev. I think New Day is a great comedic act.

The Divas today are the most talented they have ever been. Womens wrestling in general there are so many of them that arent even in nxt or wwe. And they should get their own brand and their own show to develop their characters more and I dont mean total divas.

I remember when the attitude era had interesting stories even in the midcard and lower card. You had val venis vs kai n tai and that weird stable of oddballs. And the DOA warring with the Nation and los boricuas and crash holly and the hardcore title being defended at any moment, that was gold. There is a place for horror, comedy and drama in wrestling. Unfortunately not scifi although it hasnt been tried. Wrestling is basically theater with hard hitting moves.

Favorite wrestlers are Daniel Bryan, Balor, Rollins, Ambrose, KO, Sami Zayn, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan. I love Paige and Sasha Banks and Emma and even Alexa Bliss she is a great heel. Her expressions are the best in the business. I love Santana Garrett and wish she was in WWE.

Favorites that are retired are CM Punk, the Hitman and mid 90s Sting.

I loved DX and the NWO [original] and guys like Ken Shamrock. I grew to like Mick Foley. Hogan was an underrated heel. Big Poppa Pump when he took the mike was money he was insane.

Last edited:

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
I don't know if you remember the match, but there's a match online, Bryan Danielson vs Kamala, and I'm pretty sure I saw you and Danielson yelled to you on the mic at one point. :laugh:

yes i was the guy who booked that match and funny thing is no one came to see it but we sold hundreds of copies on DVD.. Kamala refused to lay down for MR Brian as he called him.. fun times

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The hardcore title was probably one of my favorite things ever in wrestling. That's something that wouldn't fly now but the 24/7 rule was amazing. Guys getting assaulted in the laundromat, hotel room, hospital, etc :laugh:

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
Anyone watching the rumble?

Rangers suck so this GDT should be good.

Ambrose/Owens to start!

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The hardcore title was probably one of my favorite things ever in wrestling. That's something that wouldn't fly now but the 24/7 rule was amazing. Guys getting assaulted in the laundromat, hotel room, hospital, etc :laugh:

I don't really like wrestling anymore but I've gotten bored and read about the Daniel Bryan fiasco and stuff like that. Will probably stalk this thread and see if anything crazy happens.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
AJ babbbbbbyyyyyyy

edit

AJ Styles in the fed is so weird I love it

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

I don't really like wrestling anymore but I've gotten bored and read about the Daniel Bryan fiasco and stuff like that. Will probably stalk this thread and see if anything crazy happens.

the place from that video was the best place ever. local place called Fun Time USA. a little off topic, but needless to say, I freaked out when I saw it on TV when I was a kid.

excited for a potential Charlotte/Becky/Sasha match at WM for the belt. aside from unnecessary shenanigans, that was a pretty good match. this rumble is kinda boring though.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY

Juggalo Champions**t Wrestling?

Or is that a different JCW? lol

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
SPOILERS for the Rumble abound

If they want to get me out, they'll have to carry me out -Every badass tough guy ever.

Ow that hurt. I'm going to go take a nap in the back for most of the match - Roman Cena.

Bryan works a "slobberknocker" of a match early in the night, has a bum shoulder, is undersized, eats a Batista bomb/RKO combo of death through a table and gets up off the stretcher to continue the match.

Foley takes the most awful bump in wrestling history right after taking the 2nd most awful bump in wrestling history, has a tooth go through his nose and keeps going.

Ambrose works a brutal Last man Standing match and yet he stays in it longer than Roman Cena.

I don't get it. I dont even want to boo Roman and I feel bad for the guy but jesus christ storyline wise what else are fans supposed to get out of this?

The Wyatts promise an apocalypse ...but it amounts to them getting hurled out by one man. Then Wyatt gets beaten by a 46 year old retired COO and his albino man slave.

Reigns eliminates Sheamus and then just...stands there. It's really perplexing. This is the guy they actually WANT to push.

The PPV itself was great too. After Owens was eliminated (The match had been great and Owens elimination was great) everything that could have been done wrong seemed to be done wrong

Last edited:

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
What a great Royal Rumble. First good one in years and years and years.

I marked the hell out when AJ Styles walked in.

And when Lesnar took on the Wyatt family that feud is going to be hellacious.

And the last man standing match was awesome.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Really not feeling H as the champion.

You can't even say "at least it's not Reigns" because 1)it's really not better and 2)it just sets up Reigns to win it back at Wrestlemania.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I haven't watched wrestling in years, but man is it weird to see AJ Styles in the WWE. I've been a big fan of his since TNA started back in 2002. His ROH match vs. The American Dragon Bryan Danielson was a hell of a technical match. And he could still do all of those stunts. Nice to see WWE finally recognize him, though we'll see how they ultimately use him.

AJ was/is a guy who could/can do it all.

An AJ/Daniel Bryan match could easily steal the show. Both very talented workers.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
AJ Styles merchandise at WWE.com completely sold out in just a few hours after the Royal Rumble. That's what WWE values, so I doubt he won't be a main player.

As far as Triple H I used to get angry at this stuff when I didn't understand the business but he is clearly winning to gain major heat and build up Roman to put him on top in the eyes of the audience. The problem is people in the smark cities where WWE holds most of their PPVs do not like him. They do not like the corporate choice the company handpicks. Especially when he is not ready to carry that load and is essentially a parody of John Cena with 1/10 of the charisma. I know HHH knows better than to put Roman back on top and I doubt he would but Vince is Vince and whether you like it or not Roman Reigns will win the World Heavyweight Title at Wrestlemania 32. Even if anyone like Ambrose, Ziggler, AJ Styles, Kevin freakin Owens or god willing saint Daniel Bryan gets cleared to come back and grabs the spotlight right now... they still will go with Roman. Which is why I can't wait until HHH takes over because if NXT is any indication the right people who are the most over get to be the champs and get the pushes and the rubs.

Last edited:

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
i owned Jersey championship wrestling since 1998 and then owned part of the NWA from 2004-11..
Recently we changed to Game Changer wrestling because we run outside of NJ more now

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Rock segment tonight was good. I usually hate when he comes back but his bit in the back and with New Day had me cracking up. Completely ignored the final half of the 3rd of the NYR game just to watch that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad