WWE: WWE in Canada [Raw/SDL in Montreal in April - International Shakeup!

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
There are about 16 pairs of tickets avalible on ticketmaster. Platinum seats but expensive if someone is willing to spend the money. $425 & $825

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Have you met facts and patience?

tumblr_o5a0w0r0a91vpyx0so1_500.gif

gimme muh obstructed ticket

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I'd love it if raw or sd came to Hamilton but unfortunately it won't happen

Hamilton actually hosted the 1st Royal Rumble if I'm not mistaken. Toronto use to be one of WWF's hottest market outside of New York and Boston. Vince paid the Tunney Brothers alot of money to purchase the rights of MLW in 1983 as it was an NWA territory until then. Maple Leaf Gardens would always had a camera crew on hand to do tapings. Then you had Hamilton, London, Kitchener, Brantford etc running the B shows the next day. Never understood why Toronto/Southern Ontario have gotten the shaft in recent years with TVs.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
How many times do WWE do TV in Canada each year? I've never actually paid attention to how many places they actually cycle round in america.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They do more than that. It's not even going to be the first 'live special' in Toronto this year. They typically get to Montreal and Calgary. Now that Edmonton has a new building, I'm sure they'll try to get them in there as well.

I think one of the issues is a lack of Canadian wrestlers on the main roster, though. After Edge retired (and eventually Christian), you basically only had Tyson Kidd and Nattie which weren't big enough draws (and then they went to NXT). Jericho came and went, Kidd got hurt and there wasn't much going on until KO showed up.

Last edited:

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
They do more than that. It's not even going to be the first 'live special' in Toronto this year. They typically get to Montreal and Calgary. Now that Edmonton has a new building, I'm sure they'll try to get them in there as well.

I think one of the issues is a lack of Canadian wrestlers on the main roster, though. After Edge retired (and eventually Christian), you basically only had Tyson Kidd and Nattie which weren't big enough draws (and then they went to NXT). Jericho came and went, Kidd got hurt and there wasn't much going on until KO showed up.

If that's true, they have no excuses left to avoid Toronto now with Bobby Roode signed.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If it's Canadians they want they shouldn't have kept gosh darn Tyler Breeze in development for 19 years.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

They also have Sami Zayn.

But no, it's usually only once a year. Toronto gets a bunch of live events. Not counting the network special, the only advertised televised event from Canada this year will be Survivor Series - one televised event yet again. Usually it's Montreal who gets the one event, and sometimes Ottawa would get taped Smackdown.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They also have Sami Zayn.

But no, it's usually only once a year. Toronto gets a bunch of live events. Not counting the network special, the only advertised televised event from Canada this year will be Survivor Series - one televised event yet again. Usually it's Montreal who gets the one event, and sometimes Ottawa would get taped Smackdown.

Right they have Zayn, but KO made it up to the main roster first.

If that's true, they have no excuses left to avoid Toronto now with Bobby Roode signed.

He's in NXT right now. Lo and behold not long after he signs, Canada gets an NXT loop. I'm sure that wasn't specific to him, but it was probably too long, although they can really only do an NXT tour in the summer. I didn't see what venues they're in, but are they in theaters, or are they going for those small arenas that house the junior hockey teams?

People are right to say that WWE undersells their Canadian market, though. A trip I'd love to make is a Flyers/Habs game on a Saturday and then Raw in Montreal on Monday.

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Right they have Zayn, but KO made it up to the main roster first.

He's in NXT right now. Lo and behold not long after he signs, Canada gets an NXT loop. I'm sure that wasn't specific to him, but it was probably too long, although they can really only do an NXT tour in the summer. I didn't see what venues they're in, but are they in theaters, or are they going for those small arenas that house the junior hockey teams?

People are right to say that WWE undersells their Canadian market, though. A trip I'd love to make is a Flyers/Habs game on a Saturday and then Raw in Montreal on Monday.

I think the venue will be in Ricoh Coliseum as NXT Takeover was there this spring. Besides that show, I think the last PPV Toronto got was Unforgiven back in 2006. Totally unacceptable to come back after a friggin decade when it use to be one of WWE's flagship cities along with NY, Boston, Philly, Detroit etc.

Toronto also gave WWE it's first biggest outdoor attendance record in 1986 at The Big Event in Exhibition Stadium. Over 64,000 people.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Monday Night Raw will be held in Montreal on November 21st, the night after Survivor Series.

I assume Smackdown Live will take place in Ottawa, but it could be somewhere like Detroit, Boston or Buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad