WWE: WWE in Canada [Raw/SDL in Montreal in April - International Shakeup!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
not in dominican, or jamaica, or wherever i go. :p:

That i should choose the beach.

I've said it before, though, i'd rather spend $1500 on a nice vacation than spend even half of that (or even more) on a weekend of wrestling, to be honest.

delete
delete
delete

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Pfft. Toronto is a lovely city to vacation in. Watch some wrestling...see a show...I hear Matilda is very good...PLUS BEACHES!

IMG_4361.jpg

Sugar Beach is lovely in the fall!

(having said that I live in Toronto and could be at the ACC in 15 minutes and I still likely won't go)

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'll literally never be able to justify spending a lot of money on a full weekend of wrestling, to be honest. One show where a ticket is like $100 in Montreal or Ottawa? Sure. But if I have to pay for a train, then 3 nights at a hotel, plus the tickets for 3 shows... pass. It's the same reason I'll probably never go to Wrestlemania unless it ends up in Montreal or Toronto (and I have my own car by the time it's in Toronto).

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Coincidentally i had a trip to toronto planned last week but ended up not going (and it was right next to the ACC too)

Guess i might have to reconsider that trip for this now.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Not going to lie, and all inclusive resort sounds pretty god damn good to me right now. I haven't been to one in like 2 years and I'm getting Pina Colada withdrawals.

There's very few things better than waking up, sitting in a pool and getting plastered for a week straight.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not going to lie, and all inclusive resort sounds pretty god damn good to me right now. I haven't been to one in like 2 years and I'm getting Pina Colada withdrawals.

There's very few things better than waking up, sitting in a pool and getting plastered for a week straight.

My thoughts exactly. Been three years for me. I can't wait to not have to worry about anything - wake up, free breakfast, beach, free lunch, activities/excursions, free snacks, shower, free dinner and drinks all day, rinse and repeat for a week-to-10-days.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

I was just busting MCG's balls earlier, but, I must say that I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I am going to a third world country to get drunk while people are living in carton boxes two miles from my resort.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Hoping the prices listed for RAW stay that way. I want to go to one of these shows but definitely not paying more than $150 for a product that misses way more than it hits.

$500 for Survivor Series floors was obscene. Surprised it sold out as fast as it did.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hoping the prices listed for RAW stay that way. I want to go to one of these shows but definitely not paying more than $150 for a product that misses way more than it hits.

$500 for Survivor Series floors was obscene. Surprised it sold out as fast as it did.

Hardcore fans will pay no matter what the price is.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
:laugh: All of MCG's talk of beaches and my wife and I are leaving for our cruise that weekend. We fly to Ft. Lauderdale on the Saturday and board the boat on the Sunday. Wonder if they have WWE Network available on the boat :)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm so ready for it lol. School starting soon, and time usually flies by, so I get a feeling it'll be here sooner rather than later.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Guess I'm getting a hotel that night.

NXT Toronto should be their biggest audience, right?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

15561 at Brooklyn is their current highest attendance. Not sure how much they can fit for this show.

Expecting a crazy hit crowd. They need to out do Brooklyn for sing a longs.

Man how crazy would the place get if the universal title match was KO/Sami?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Toronto will no doubt outsell Brooklyn but thats only because Barclays center is a dump in terms of seating. It's a great arena for everything but sports :laugh: (i'm looking at you islanders)

ACC can hold what, 20k? Barclays caps out at like 16k for most events except for i think concerts and even then the max capacity is 18k

If NXT was magically held in MSG you'd bet your ass we'd have every seat in the house taken.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Oh lawd WWE, please make this a yearly thing. I beg you!

Man, Takeover will be so lit. Bobby Roode. :amazed::naughty:

Hopefully, WWE is able to tolerate a smark crowd and don't make Toronto wait for a PPV for 10 years again. And please no "Bizzaro World" crap again.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Hopefully, WWE is able to tolerate a smark crowd and don't make Toronto wait for a PPV for 10 years again. And please no "Bizzaro World" crap again.

If they can handle places like Philly and NY now, I'm hoping they can grow up and handle Toronto.

The way they treated Toronto at that SummerSlam was offensive.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wasn't the last toronto crowd awful? (WWE PPV wise)

They were loud, but they tried going into business for themselves with some pretty ridiculous chants at Roadblock iirc. After that I'm actually surprised they're back in Toronto for a string of events so soon, tbh.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

It'll depend on how much they open up for sale. The re-sell market for Brooklyn 2 was very soft, so they might not go much higher than 15k. NXT is still a small show, and it's not insanely hot like it was in Dallas. Survivor Series is by far the weakest of the bigger PPVs.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
They were loud, but they tried going into business for themselves with some pretty ridiculous chants at Roadblock iirc. After that I'm actually surprised they're back in Toronto for a string of events so soon, tbh.
There were some CM Punk chants I think but nothing out of the ordinary

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It'll depend on how much they open up for sale. The re-sell market for Brooklyn 2 was very soft, so they might not go much higher than 15k. NXT is still a small show, and it's not insanely hot like it was in Dallas. Survivor Series is by far the weakest of the bigger PPVs.

I spent $400/ticket to go to SummerSlam, and spent much less on NXT than I thought. And I could have waited longer to get better seats for less. Difference here is that NXT isn't coming to do Takeovers in Toronto every year, much like Dallas.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't think Dallas is a good comparison. Survivor Series isn't a draw at all, not compared to Wrestlemania weekend. And that's before you get to the tons of indy shows that many people travelled for, loads of people went to Dallas with no intention of going to 'Mania. That won't happen in Toronto. Those fans are not going to travel for Survivor Series, and I don't foresee a match like Nakamura vs Zayn to draw people.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wrestlemania and Summerslam draw the out of town hardcore fans. The Rumble, too. Survivor Series is barely a top-4 PPV anymore. The fans that will be there will be Toronto and surrounding area hardcore fans. People aren't going to be traveling internationally to go to Toronto for Survivor Series weekend.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I'll literally never be able to justify spending a lot of money on a full weekend of wrestling, to be honest. One show where a ticket is like $100 in Montreal or Ottawa? Sure. But if I have to pay for a train, then 3 nights at a hotel, plus the tickets for 3 shows... pass. It's the same reason I'll probably never go to Wrestlemania unless it ends up in Montreal or Toronto (and I have my own car by the time it's in Toronto).

Car might =more expenses. You got gas, insurance, parking prices in Toronto. Unless you bring some friends to go along and split the bills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad