GDT: WWE Great Balls of Fire (9th July 2017) - Goodness, Gracious, Yet Another PPV!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I wouldn't even care if Joe got him self DQ'd, or ended up losing and then jumping Lesnar after the match and choking him out.

They have the option to keep Lesnar looking like a beast and making Joe look legit. The thing is, this company is stupid as hell.

I think it would be awesome if Lesnar won the match, Joe jumped Lesnar & handcuffed Lesnar to the post then choked out Heyman right in front of Brock.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Honestly its a + if Joe gets in like 2 offensive moves.... :facepalm:

Nobody gets anything on Lesnar these days so the bar is so low

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
starting to believe the build will all be for naught and Joe will get minimal offense in after an opening 30 second flurry or so.

WWE would probably book Ishii or Shibata as a chump against Lesnar.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Why do you guys get yourself worked up thinking Joe will get more than others got?

Only Reigns can go with Brock.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
As long as it's a long hard even fight, they can make a monster heel out of Joe that is believable for years. Something they really screwed up with for Bray and many others. Let Joe look like a star. Almost extreme rules vs. Cena match for Lesnar where it's just an absolute beat down for both guys.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
As long as it's a long hard even fight, they can make a monster heel out of Joe that is believable for years. Something they really screwed up with for Bray and many others. Let Joe look like a star. Almost extreme rules vs. Cena match for Lesnar where it's just an absolute beat down for both guys.

It should be a shoot fight feel. Joe simply losing by a mistep after both battered each other.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^ I would kill if the ref stopped the match because the 2 guys went down hard on a spot and neither could get up (kayfabe of course). Both guys would be uber monsters. Crowd gets a mega spot. Title stays on Lesnar.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
^ I would kill if the ref stopped the match because the 2 guys went down hard on a spot and neither could get up (kayfabe of course). Both guys would be uber monsters. Crowd gets a mega spot. Title stays on Lesnar.

Would be a good way to do a return match later on, especially if Wrestlemania is no longer Lensar/Reigns.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Didn't even realize the PPV was tonight until i looked at the thread title. Not sure if i dont care for the PPVs or there's just too many to keep track of.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Didn't even realize the PPV was tonight until i looked at the thread title. Not sure if i dont care for the PPVs or there's just too many to keep track of.
You've got this one, then Battleground in two weeks. But after that there is an entire month before Takeover and Summerslam. So you'll get a bit of a break then.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
You've got this one, then Battleground in two weeks. But after that there is an entire month before Takeover and Summerslam. So you'll get a bit of a break then.

and then after Summerslam there's no more Smackdown PPV's announced yet lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
and then after Summerslam there's no more Smackdown PPV's announced yet lol

There will be, they've booked the dates. One if them is in Minnesota. The rumors were that Raw and Smackdown would switch the PPV's they had the past year, so Smackdown would get Hell in a Cell and Night of Champions, Raw gets No Mercy and TLC.

S A W F T*

I'm actually really looking forward to the show tonight. Almost every match is super compelling. No bathroom breaks in this one.

I hope tonight wraps up Rollins/Wyatt and Hardys/Cesaro & Seamus. Will be good matches, but I'm kinda over the storylines.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Strowman will win, they are going to make the ambulance match his "thing" imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad