GDT: WWE Backlash (21st May 2017) - Nakamura’s in-ring debut!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Is it KO, or his opponents, though? Jericho is too old to take big bumps. Roman doesn't know what a bump is. More "extreme" wrestlers like KO need some help to make it a great match.

The guy's best matches since last summer were hardcore matches vs. Rollins and then Reigns.

Any straight up match with no smoke and mirrors has been really, really disappointing.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The guy's best matches since last summer were hardcore matches vs. Rollins and then Reigns.

Any straight up match with no smoke and mirrors has been really, really disappointing.

His matches with cena were not hardcore in the slightest. Neither was the meaningful matches with zayn.

Blaming him for things out of his control is dumb. ofc he's not being lazy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
His matches with cena were not hardcore in the slightest. Neither was the meaningful matches with zayn.

Blaming him for things out of his control is dumb. ofc he's not being lazy.

I said last summer. He and his 5-minute headlocks are extremely lazy, there's no other way to put it. Everything since Zayn at Battleground has been ****.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I said last summer. He and his 5-minute headlocks are extremely lazy, there's no other way to put it. Everything since Zayn at Battleground has been ****.

you wanna use "since last summer" i'm using his career in general not notpicking.

notice how he had to fight the same 3 guys for like an entire year over and over. Yeah i'm sure that had nothing to do with things getting stale.

FYI he does the headlocks intentionally to **** people off. Its literally his job. You think he just screams headlock master for giggles?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
you wanna use "since last summer" i'm using his career in general not notpicking.

notice how he had to fight the same 3 guys for like an entire year over and over. Yeah i'm sure that had nothing to do with things getting stale.

FYI he does the headlocks intentionally to **** people off. Its literally his job. You think he just screams headlock master for giggles?

He screams headlock master because a third of his match consists of him holding his opponent in one. :laugh:

It's fine to defend him, but his in-ring work has been lacking since his BG match with Zayn now. There's no other way to put it. He couldn't even pull a great match out with Rollins of all people until it was a hardcore match.

I'm hoping this new "face of America" Owens character means he actually works up to the level he's capable of now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly I think the Face of America gimmick has checked him out even more.

He doesn't seem invested at all since switching to SD. I don't really blame him as the gimmick sucks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looking forward to Backlash topping NXT Takeover. Has it happened yet where NXT didn't have the better show?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Looking forward to Backlash topping NXT Takeover. Has it happened yet where NXT didn't have the better show?

it wont. Takeover was fantastic. the UK match alone will top Backlash

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
kknbi4ejjqyy.jpg

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Jinder is definitely on something :laugh: That just isn't proper, it is probably some experimental stuff or something. There is just no way you look like that and have bacne that bad without it being drug related.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Kind of excited for a few matches

Hoping Fashion Police get to show how damn good they can be in the ring

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Won't be around to watch the show and I'm not too upset about it.

Nakamura/Ziggler should be decent enough and on paper AJ/Owens is good but in reality Owens has been boring for at least a year. If AJ can't get something out of him I'd be inclined to think Owens is done.

Jinder vs Randy is a joke. Randy doesn't care about anything and nobody cares about Jinder.

Fashion Police are the only thing I'm digging going into the show but I'll be fine not seeing them job hard.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Smackdown ratings are going down the tubes anyway. **** it, throw the belt on Jinder and watch the world burn.

It's time to get unhindered, lads.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Jinder is definitely on something :laugh: That just isn't proper, it is probably some experimental stuff or something. There is just no way you look like that and have bacne that bad without it being drug related.
I can't wait for him to get caught.

August 2016:

CmjG4hu.jpg

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Only conclusion i can come to is assuming WWE's wellness policy isn't a total crock of **** (big assumption), he's probably taking something experimental like someone said and thus they're either not testing for it or straight up don't know it exists.

Or WWE is ran by blind people. Other theory i was working on.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's not like someone gets nailed for wellness and is suspended the next day. If they're in a spot where they need to let the angle play out first, they're going to do it. They knew about Roman Reigns for a couple weeks before he was suspended. And they're not going to elevate a jobber like this and give him two guys to run with if they know he's dirty, so that's enough evidence to know that Jinder wasn't been dirty when this program was written.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The facts are he's showing signs of gyno and his bacne is ridiculous -- it's worse than Alex Riley's was before his release.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Nakamura's WWE debut and Styles-Owens...that should be enough to make it worth watching. Tag match should be fun. It might not be an actual wrestling clinic but that build has been amusing. Even Zayn-Corbin should be decent. The title match is odd and the women's tag match seems pointless unless there's a big turn...there's some weak spots in this card for sure. Not every match is must watch like last night was.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It must suck to be a guy like A.J. and have to deal with roided up pimples in his face while he is being pinned by an obvious cheat.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00