Post-Game Talk: WTF? Kane passes, Fatty McLargeass is solid: Jets Too Legit To Quit in Washington!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
It would be asking a lot of Redmond to log second pairing minutes. Even Stuart isn't well suited for the role that he's been forced into

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I never knew he was the NHLPA "right hand man" until a few days ago, and I didn't care either. He's a key part of one of the worst D in the NHL last year, and it shows, sorry if he's your man.

Actually all evidence points to:
1) The D was not bad when all 4 top 4 were in. In fact Jets were top 15 in possesion, dimininishing chances, shots against/min, etc.
2) All evidence is Hainsey is the 4th best D we got... 3rd till Bogo gets back.
3) AHL is diff than NHL... Postma and Redmond would crash and burn given the same job.
4) If you want to ignore injuries: all.our top3 D were positive when with Hainsey (well Enstrom was - by a tiny bit but was still out-chancing his opponents) but all 3 top3 were - with Stuart (who I like but was a negative when in top 4)

Start rant:
I think Hainsey is far from perfect and in fact I'm a huge supporter of upgrading Hainsey... But it is ****ing ridiculous how much and how often he gets bashed for things that are COMPLETELY UNTRUE.
Last season Hainsey was given tougher matchups than ALL of our D except Enstrom and he was burried in defensive zone by how Noel deployed him more than any of our D or any of our forwards not in GST... Yet he still came out with a positive +/- and was *barely* out-chanced by the opposition. This season he's been given the task of filling Bogo's shoes while having Stuart (a good 3rd pairing D, but still a 3rd pairing D; OT but I was impressed with Stu on the Wash game) as his partner.
You want to be pissed at our poor GA or you have a preference of tough players... Fine, go ahead... But don't go off pointing blame at Hainsey because it wasn't him. If anything it was a combination of poor PK, Pavelec, disgusting team D due to no forward depth, and injuries that put 3rd pairing D in our top4.

Last edited:

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
1) The D was not bad when all 4 top 4 were in. In fact Jets were top 15 in possesion, dimininishing chances, shots against/min, etc.
3) AHL is diff than NHL... Postma and Redmond would crash and burn given the same job.
4) If you want to ignore injuries: all.our top3 D were positive when with Hainsey (well Enstrom was - by a tiny bit but was still out-chancing his opponents) but all 3 top3 were - with Stuart (who I like but was a negative when in top 4)

Were your ears burning?

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post

Were your ears burning?
----------------------------------------------

stopped reading at "The D was not bad when .." ;p

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I remember at one point last season, Toronto's chance of making the playoffs was 97% or thereabouts, per that website.

Then Toronto went on an epic losing streak - enough to drop them right out. What was their 2nd-half record last year? Didn't they lose 17 of 20 at one point? It was an almost unbelievable collapse. Hey, it didn't say they had 100% chance of making the playoffs...

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post

Were your ears burning?
----------------------------------------------

stopped reading at "The D was not bad when .." ;p

i too find it hard to see with my eyes closed....

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Which is better?

2400302pafip6z.gif

Or

2400302pafip6z2.gif

?

I plan on invading other GDT's with this anytime a bad call is made...or even a borderline one.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
agree... and love the avatar. fellow deadhead on the HF boards?

Yep, I was wondering when someone would notice. Actually, the screen name 'scelaton' came first, but the avatar was a perfect match.
Sadly, most of the young folks here think that Jerry Garcia is a flavour of ice cream.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00