Post-Game Talk: WTF? Kane passes, Fatty McLargeass is solid: Jets Too Legit To Quit in Washington!

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
noel_seperated_at_birth.jpg

that is... surprisingly suitable.

On a side note, watching the Oilers... the theme of cruddy home openers continues!:amazed:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets on a Deadline

Great post-game audio from coach Noel tonight.

Coach Noel - Road trips. Positive things he saw during games. Power play prowess. Line juggling. Compete levels of all lines. Players recognizing things needed to win. What did he like better about Wheelers game tonight? Play of Enstrom. First impressions of James Wright. Does he feel for Capitals coaching staff? Consistency of Evander Kane.

To listen click here.

TroubaFan1

Jul 21, 2011
Winnipeg
It was nice to see a complete road game by the Jets tonight! That was probably our best road game since the team has returned. Go Jets Go! :handclap: :yo:

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
OT but I think Postma and Clitsome would be the top D pairing for the Oilers. Sharks leading 6-1 after 1. This is shaping up to be a perfect evening :handclap:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Didn't see the game. Can I get a somewhat detailed report over it? The highlights were nice. :)

Everyone played awesome. No, seriously. Even Postma was pretty decent. Clitsome was his usual shaky self for the first half of the game, but I didn't really notice him in the latter half, which I'll take as a good thing.

Washington was bad though, really weak effort from the goaltender on out. If anything I think the score flattered them.

NorthernKnight

Nov 20, 2011
Southern Manitoba
Nice to see the Jets win especially on the road. of course beating the Caps home opener where they won for the last ten years. Hope we see Kane and Wheeler score lots of goals. And hope they work on the defense because it sucked last year.

Go Jets Go!

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Very impressed with how the Jets took control of that game.

Nice to see Kane and Wheeler get their first goals of the season.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
only saw most of the second and half the third period, but I was impressed with what I saw. Especially Kane. ON that one play where Kane banked the puck off the board past the Capital's defenseman and to himself, the old Kane would have ignored Wheeler and skated around the net and tried the wraparound which works 1/100 times. The new Kane, who we saw tonight, recognized Wheeler was in a prime position to score with the Caps' goalie focusing on him(Kane) and made a beauty pass for the easy goal.

I hope we see more of this new Kane this season.:)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Both the PP and the PK did solid jobs tonight!

Burmi is incredible on the PK. Incredible.

Perry Pearn working his magic. Like I said yesterday power playes are ugly until the moment they aren't....assume we are back up over 18% now?

Burmi is playing great and so deadly at the PK....his skating is special.

Total domination of a lackluster caps team who picked up a cheap goal in throw away time

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Toby has been lights out this season.....dare I say pocket Lidstrom ;)

Seriously though I think this is the guy the Thrasher Fans were selling us on when we got the team.

2 road games in and we are exercising some deamons from last season already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad