Post-Game Talk: WSH @ TOR | 10/29/19 | 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Caps beat the refs and the Leafs.

Good month considering they didn't play that great.

Congrats to John 'Chuck' Norris! He never sleeps...he waits.

51IY4ohvfUL.jpg

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Maybe he sees it all differently now.
He made a great play tonight on Marner in OT that he wouldn’t have made in October back then.

Holy cow with these ticky tac penalties. The NHL is so boring when it is called like this.

I don't care who gets the calls I hate these games. NO flow at all. Let them play!!

This is one of the worst reffed games I've ever seen.

It’s easy to say after winning with 2 PP chances in OT but even in real time I thought the refs did a good job, evenly called, penalties were 9 to 8, it ended up being a thriller with 3 of the worlds best players scoring twice, plus 2 guys were out with Dowd and Muzzin, don’t need this game getting overly physical like Tampa/Caps last season where both teams seasons were wrecked.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It’s easy to say after winning with 2 PP chances in OT but even in real time I thought the refs did a good job, evenly called, penalties were 9 to 8, it ended up being a thriller with 3 of the worlds best players scoring twice, plus 2 guys were out with Dowd and Muzzin, don’t need this game getting overly physical like Tampa/Caps last season where both teams seasons were wrecked.

Two of the most skilled teams in the NHL and the refs, rightly or wrongly, turned it into a slog. I wouldn't watch that game in it's entirety again if you paid me.

Jun 15, 2007
So that was fun. My first win.

1) Ovechkin

2) Carlson picked a real good night to have 2 goals and a big hit. If he does end up winning the Norris, a big game in front of all the Toronto media might've sealed the deal.

3) Siegenthaler. How does he not know what is and what isn't a penalty yet? I think Siege will be forever limited by his hockey iq.

4) Ovechkin

5) Ovechkin's comments got so much play here in the Toronto media. I don't really know what to make of what he said. I don't even know if he actually believes that. It's something Don Cherry would say.

6) Holtby has been real good lately.

7) Wilson looked neutered for a while so it was good to see him being his old self again.

8) Ovechkin

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So that was fun. My first win.

1) Ovechkin

2) Carlson picked a real good night to have 2 goals and a big hit. If he does end up winning the Norris, a big game in front of all the Toronto media might've sealed the deal.

3) Siegenthaler. How does he not know what is and what isn't a penalty yet? I think Siege will be forever limited by his hockey iq.

4) Ovechkin

5) Ovechkin's comments got so much play here in the Toronto media. I don't really know what to make of what he said. I don't even know if he actually believes that. It's something Don Cherry would say.

6) Holtby has been real good lately.

7) Wilson looked neutered for a while so it was good to see him being his old self again.

8) Ovechkin
Knowing Ovie, he meant it in the sense that he used to play like that. All offense and skill and it didn't work. He's just speaking from experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad