Confirmed Trade: (WSH/MIN) Tyler Graovac for 2018 5th rounder

greengoblin

Jan 20, 2017
Oh hey! Idiot GM's are doing something finally. Thought Lebrun said there was going to be trades last week? Some insider.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Now Washington can protect Eller, Graovac/Beagle are the two exposed forwards meeting the 40/70 criterion.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Opening of the floodgates.

giphy.gif

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Someone check the damn it's about to break :sarcasm:

Caps got their 2nd 40/70 guy they can expose. Surprised it took a 5th. I would have traded them Ben Smith for a 7th tbh(but management probably wants to protect Martin). I would have figured there would have been enough of those extra guys out there someone would have caved on a useless one for a 7th.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
What's interesting is that they didn't sign Connolly instead, as he fulfills the 40/70 requirements, too. Signing Connolly instead of trading for Graovac would have opened the possibility of protecting Ovi/Backstrom/Johansson/Eller/Wilson/Kuz/Bura as well. Maybe Capitals won't re-sign Connolly?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i think Bruce called him out a number of times. Never a good sign if you're a fourth line hopeful.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
This trade is about getting a 40/70 guy, but was anyone seriously expecting Vegas to pick up Eller or Beagle anyway? With Schmidt and Grubauer exposed, there's little point in needing to protect a depth center.

What's interesting is that they didn't sign Connolly instead, as he fulfills the 40/70 requirements, too. Signing Connolly instead of trading for Graovac would have opened the possibility of protecting Ovi/Backstrom/Johansson/Eller/Wilson/Kuz/Bura as well. Maybe Capitals won't re-sign Connolly?

GMBM mentioned that they envision Connolly in a top 9 role next season. Caps are still interested in re-signing Connolly, although I'd bet they wait until a few other dominoes are secured beforehand so they know how much cap space they have to work with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad