Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] D Nick Jensen signs extension with Capitals (3 years, $4.05M AAV)

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Niskanen in his prime put up 46 points.
With the hitting.

And PP opportunity. With generational players in their prime still.

Jensen is not the same level offensively either I suppose, but defensively he has been arguably as good this season as Niskanen at his peak, doing a ton to keep the caps from getting absolutely caved in at even strength.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
A lot of Oilers fans were scoping Jensen after the trade earlier today. So much for that..

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Lol good luck with that

This sub is overrating this guy so hard
...Based on what? Seems just fine for me.

1677472851027-png.658060

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Jensen has really developed into a solid top 4 D. This is a good value. Also the Caps don’t have a lot of veteran D under contract, just Carlson. They can’t have an entire D core of kids under 23.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Smart move... Decent defenders are hard to find and expensive to trade for or sign in FA

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Anyone saying this is a bad deal hasn’t watched Jensen play in the last couple years. He’s so underrated.

Reactions: Neil Racki

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Also naming a bunch of dudes that aren’t getting younger and injuries are apart of it. Their bodies will continue to deteriorate and will lose speed.

Just like the Pens, the Capitals simply don’t have the big guns to keep up with the much younger and more skilled East teams.

Capitals may be able to sneak into one or two more playoffs while Ovechkin is there but that’s about all they will be able to do.
Totally fair. My hope is not all of them get seriously injured again the same season. Oshie, Carlson, Backstrom, and Wilson — along with Brown, Dowd, and Mantha — all suffered significant if it season-ending injuries in the past 10 months. Completely possible that happens again but the fan in me wants to believe that avalanche of injuries won’t happen again, even if I know they’ll likely be banged up again at some point in the future.

I’m not willing to write them off yet but they do need to thread a needle. Need to see how the off-season unfolds. I agree if Kuznetsov and Backstrom are both on the team and play the way they did this year they’re going to struggle but GMBM has proven really effective about finding guys for cheap that provide contender-level depth.

Also the Pens had the opposite problem. Their best players were still good enough but their depth stunk.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Niskanen in his prime put up 46 points.
With the hitting.
Which is any he signed to 7x7 ten years ago and not 3x4. Jensen is a perfect 2RD. I’d assume you haven’t watched him play much if any since he joined Washington or seen any of his underlying metrics if you think this is a bad deal. He and Orlov have eaten their toughest defensive minutes for years.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3