Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Conor Sheary signs extension with the Capitals (2 years, $1.5M AAV)

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Good for him. Always thought he had a rough go after leaving Pittsburgh the first time. Would of rather resigned him over erod.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
True, but its unlikely that Seattle takes an upcoming UFA, unless they literally want nothing from an organization.
They made sure that can't happen to avoid situations like that. The expansion team gets early access to UFA's prior to the draft, if signed they count as selected, if not signed the expansion team can choose a player on the team to select. So there's no risk for the expansion team - just a risk for the team exposing that player. I don't know who Caps have exposed, so maybe they needed him to fulfill a requirement, or maybe they're happy and hope to keep him.

Employee427

Jan 6, 2019
That is super cheap. With his current level of play you would expect him to be somewhere in 2m-3m/season range and that would still be an okay deal.

Gfroer

Jan 6, 2019
That's only about $50,000 per dive.

I never saw him as a diver. He's just one of those players constantly falling down all the time. It was a running joke while he was with the Pens about how many times he'd end up on the ice during a game.

Last edited:

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Its likely they signed him to expose him isnt it?

No. Assuming Ovi isn't signed until after the ED, our protection will likely be:

Backstrom
Kuzy
Mantha
Oshie
Wilson
Eller
Sheary

Leaving Sprong, Hagelin, Dowd, Hathaway, Raffl (UFA) and Ovi (UFA) as exposed forwards. Sheary is absolutely a guy they want back next year, because of his 5v5 and PP versatility and he's been rather key to our secondary scoring.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm glad he's sticking in the league but annoyed it has to be there :laugh:

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Sheary has always been a fun player to watch, I think he gets underrated somewhat.
Capitals’ NBC Washington’s post game features a “Rink Rat” of the night vote for I guess hardest working player this season, and it feels like he’s constantly the guy in the mix lol. At least for Alan May, but he’s def appreciated here

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Good for him. His earned another contract. I thought he was one of the better penguins forwards during the bundle round against the habs but not surprised pitt moved on

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Today I learned Sheary and Sheahan aren't the same person.

782671-img-2064-e1435360009376.jpg

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille