Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Conor Sheary signs extension with the Capitals (2 years, $1.5M AAV)

Jun 15, 2007
It's good but I would have liked to wait until after the expansion draft so we have one less player to protect.

Reactions: Hivemind

Jun 15, 2007
They probably have a deal with the Kraken already.

The Caps? The most pain they can inflict on us is taking our backup goalie. They are welcome to take our 4th liners and middle pairing defenders. I think the Caps will just let them take whoever they want this year.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The Caps? The most pain they can inflict on us is taking our backup goalie. They are welcome to take our 4th liners and middle pairing defenders. I think the Caps will just let them take whoever they want this year.

So how do they afford Ovechkin if Seattle takes a goalie?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It's good but I would have liked to wait until after the expansion draft so we have one less player to protect.
That doesn't exempt Sheary from being signed and used as the selection from Seattle. If you sign him and don't protect him, it's really the same thing.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Sheary is most important player on the team after Ovi and Nick and Kuzy. Will be better than Mantha.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Id still rather have

Beagle 4 years $3 million per season
Roussell 4 years $3 million per season
Pearson 3 years $3 million per season

;)

:cry:
This was where my mind went right away. If Sheary is worth $1.5 x 2 Pearson is probably worth $1.75 x 2.

I need meds for my blood pressure.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
He's been a nice surprise, I'll take it.

I think the Caps trade Vanecek (or Samsonov) before the expansion draft, and then structure their protection lists so the only worthwhile players exposed are ones making $3M+ in AAV. (Dillon, Schultz, Orlov, Oshie).

Still wouldn't shock me if they have a deal from the get go for Oshie to end up in Seattle.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I'm sure he's been good for the Caps, but he is very much a contract year producer.
Was great when he was competing for a roster spot.
Was great when he was proving his worth for a >$1m deal.
Then he signed that 3m x 3y deal with PIT and completely gave up. Was a good deal more urgent in his second stint with PIT than he did in Buffalo if I remember correctly. Not that I watched much of him at all in Buffalo.
Hopefully he doesn't relax next year now that he has a two year cushion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad