GDT: WSH and CBJ 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Right you were/are!
Was at the game but left early ... they were ahead at the time, but their play was generally so uninspired, really hard for me to be interested.
Not sure if there are any easy fixes ... w/ or w/o Lavi, next season may look alot like this one. Even if the injury bug doesn't strike to the degree it did this year.
You have to start somewhere. Can't fire the players playing bad, so you start with overhauling the coaching staff first, including the goalie coach. Even if you brought back Boudreau, he would better use the roster at hand. Older players might actually be rested or have reduced minutes, so there are not so many injuries to the team. Strength/Conditioning coach might be in question too. If so, then hire somebody new who has a positive track record.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Literally my first try! (Sorry I jinxed us)
VGYKxXG.png

This is the other half of the screenshot from my other monitor when I did this. It was too good of a freeze frame not to share
zJLfmFx.jpg

Reactions: um and usiel

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Finally finished this game. Definitely some goals were of the absolute pin point variety or some puck luck. Caps D core are giving up the D line way so easy. Not sure if its the forechecking scheme or what but its been killing the caps for a while.

I know Carlson is back next year but man if Sandin refuses to uncork the slapper on the PP the defenders are just going to start sagging off.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Finally finished this game. Definitely some goals were of the absolute pin point variety or some puck luck. Caps D core are giving up the D line way so easy. Not sure if its the forechecking scheme or what but its been killing the caps for a while.

I know Carlson is back next year but man if Sandin refuses to uncork the slapper on the PP the defenders are just going to start sagging off.
If that clown Fraudsythe still is the PP coach, then it will be OV-Carlson manning the points on the 1st unit again. OV has already adjusted and seems in good rhythm with Sandin, but nope it will be back to non-creative, slow Carlson!

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
You have to start somewhere. Can't fire the players playing bad, so you start with overhauling the coaching staff first, including the goalie coach. Even if you brought back Boudreau, he would better use the roster at hand. Older players might actually be rested or have reduced minutes, so there are not so many injuries to the team. Strength/Conditioning coach might be in question too. If so, then hire somebody new who has a positive track record.
Yeah, in no way were my comments intended to be an endorsement of Lavi or the bulk of this coaching staff. Better deployment of players, minutes management for the older guys, new/improved PP coaching and the like would help. On the other hand, I'm not sure that the maturation and added experience for the team's youth will be enough to overcome the continued deterioration of the vets in general and the lack of give-a-crapness apparent in a few players.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
If that clown Fraudsythe still is the PP coach, then it will be OV-Carlson manning the points on the 1st unit again. OV has already adjusted and seems in good rhythm with Sandin, but nope it will be back to non-creative, slow Carlson!
I don’t think Carlson is the problem as much as everyone stands around too much. It’s amazing how simply doing the Ovie/Carlson swap every once in a blue moon can open something up for 30 seconds. But when 19 doesn’t shoot, 74 doesn’t shoot, and everyone stands there looking to pass to Ovie, it’s dead.

And that’s if we can get into the zone which I think is the biggest issue

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I don’t think Carlson is the problem as much as everyone stands around too much.
It’s not just on the PP. Our forwards movement without the puck - with the exception of Dowd and Protas - is closer to NHL 1978 than 2023. It’s what distinguishes us from most NHL teams. There should be a metric for measuring collective movement (maybe there is!) by a team - perhaps multiplied by rate of movement. We would not be a leader

Reactions: itsjustsurvival

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
capitalspuckshiny.gif

My game puck for last night goes to "Big Nick Energy" Jensen for 2 goals. Not the best fancies on the night, but a fancy goal and a new nickname is more than enough to earn the game puck.

Honorable mention goes to Charlie Lindgren and TJ Oshie for making sure the tank stayed at least partially in tact with their clutch performances.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I don’t think Carlson is the problem as much as everyone stands around too much. It’s amazing how simply doing the Ovie/Carlson swap every once in a blue moon can open something up for 30 seconds. But when 19 doesn’t shoot, 74 doesn’t shoot, and everyone stands there looking to pass to Ovie, it’s dead.

And that’s if we can get into the zone which I think is the biggest issue

This. Apparently Sam Bennet and Carter Verhaege are both top ten in o-zone entries that lead to a shot attempt and that makes me want to trade Mantha for either if them which is not completely unthinkable.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
This. Apparently Sam Bennet and Carter Verhaege are both top ten in o-zone entries that lead to a shot attempt and that makes me want to trade Mantha for either if them which is not completely unthinkable.
Mantha wouldnt get close to the value needed in a trade for Bennet or Verhaege. Both are very good players and Verhaege is close to a PPG player.

Reactions: PlushMinus

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Mantha wouldnt get close to the value needed in a trade for Bennet or Verhaege. Both are very good players and Verhaege is close to a PPG player.

Bennet maybe, Mantha is a poor mans version of Barkov on the wing.

But yeah, maybe not Verhaege but if we throw in McMichael Verhaege would actually be just what this team needs in terms of puck moving and goalscoring. But im sure the Panthers like him too:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad