Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Cor's card

Co-Main Event
Kazuchika Okada vs Andrade "Cien" Almas

Co-Main Event
Kurt Angle vs Zack Sabre Jr

Mustache Mountain (Tyler Bate & Trent Seven) vs The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder

Katsuyori Shibata vs Kenta Kobashi

Buddy Murphy vs Jay White

Ladder Match
Jeff Hardy vs Jason Jordan vs Luchasaurus vs Joe Coffey vs Matt Sydal vs Darby Allin vs Jordan Devlin

vs

Dr Pepper presents PepperMania, live from BMO Field in Toronto!

Match #1

Colt Cabana vs. Grado (c) - IRN BRU Championship

Match #2

The Miz vs. Mr. Kennedy (c) - Golden Mic Championship

Match #3

ODB and Jessicka Havok vs. Nikki and Brie Bella (c) - Women's Tag Title Championship

Match #4

Andre the Giant vs. Big Show vs. Drake Maverick - Over the Top Rope Challenge!

Match #5

Hayabusa vs. Aleister Black - STEEL CAGE MATCH for the Hardcore Championship

ALL IN THE FAMILY - BATTLE ROYALE BEGINS!
WYATT FAMILY VS SAMOAN LEGACY

Match #6

B-Team (Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel) vs. 3-Minute Warning (Jamal and Rosey)

Match #7

Luke Harper and Erick Rowan vs. The Headshrinkers (Rikishi and Samu)

Match #8

Braun Strowman vs. Yokozuna

Match #9

Blackjack Mulligan vs. High Chief Peter Maivia - LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

Match #10

I.R.S. vs. Rocky Johnson

Match #11 (MAIN EVENT)

Bray Wyatt vs. The Rock​

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't think any competitor could touch Cor's "wrestling" card. But it would be one of those cards that undersell for some dumb reason for "draw" power.

If you look at Dr Pepper's card, I think he would massively out sell Cor's card, but have significantly less solid wrestling.

It's an interesting world. I think the online internet gang will vote Cor here. But this is apples/oranges. I love both cards, TBH.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Dr.Pepper has my favorite card of all.

Has everything including an even mix of past and present, solid storyline, super star power and great wrestling.

Cor has great wrestling, but no variety, no history. Which is great for those who need to get thru a wrestling event as quick as possible LOL

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Dr.Pepper has my favorite card of all.

Has everything including an even mix of past and present, solid storyline, super star power and great wrestling.

Cor has great wrestling, but no variety, no history. Which is great for those who need to get thru a wrestling event as quick as possible LOL
next time I’ll be sure to advise @Cor to book a 3 day marathon, brother

Reactions: Emperoreddy

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Went with MCG here. Almas and Kobashi are good enough elements to get a vote from me, even though I'm not a fan of ladder matches with no prize that feature Jeff Hardy.

A tale of two cards. One featuring high work rate but no showmanship. Another featuring showmanship but with a lot of less than stellar wrestlers. A mixed bag of a match.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
cant vote for a card that has Andrade as a main eventer

cant vote against a card that has an Irn-Bru title match

Reactions: Dr Pepper

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This is the closest one for me., and it is quite a contrast. Cor has the two best matches by far, and again I really like the Kobashi Shibata match and wanted to have that match last year, but no real interest or creative elements outside of that. Dr. Pepper has an interesting theme and stuck to it, but as a consequence of that there are matches like Maivia vs Mulligan that I would have no interest in seeing at all. Cor's card is a bit short for me while Dr. Pepper's is a bit long. I went with Cor's card for the Kobashi Shibata match but could have been convinced the other way if more had been put into the family feud gimmick. Good second round matchup.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
MCG is not one of the GMs. :huh:
But, isn't he?
bryan-stare-600x338.jpg

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
"PepperMania"
- Appreciate the creativity/vision for the overall arc. Getting everybody for Family v Family is impressive to pull off in a draft scenario
- Not a big Wyatt fan. Wyatt is like 10 levels below The Rock, and I don't see any scenario in which Rock doesn't squash Wyatt in under 5-minutes (plus, Rock would 100% burry Wyatt on build up promos and make him look like the complete geek he's looked like most of his career)
- Overall, the actual wrestling on the show would be average at best and abysmal at worst.

"Cor's Card"
- Features a shit ton of wrestler's I like
- However, IMO the top matches are completely mismatched
- IMO Kobashi v Okada and Angle v Shibata should be the top 2 matches TBQH
- This is a fantasy dream card, and Okada and Angle have been paired with midcard opponents
- In terms of big match appeal, Okada vs. Almas might be the weakest main event remaining. it would be a great match, but it's not even close to being a big enough match.

decisions decisions

Last edited:
Reactions: HandsomeHollywood

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
This one was difficult for me. I have similar things to say about each card, which I think @ColePens summed up really well. For me @Cor 's has better bang per buck with the quality of his matches. However as a Wyatt mark there are some matches and guys I'd want to see on @Dr Pepper 's card and as I noted The Rock vs Bray Wyatt is something I wanted to put on a card some day. After just looking at each card again and again I'm going to go with @Cor because he has more matches I'd want to see.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't think any competitor could touch Cor's "wrestling" card. But it would be one of those cards that undersell for some dumb reason for "draw" power.

If you look at Dr Pepper's card, I think he would massively out sell Cor's card, but have significantly less solid wrestling.

It's an interesting world. I think the online internet gang will vote Cor here. But this is apples/oranges. I love both cards, TBH.

One point I’ll make.

Okada is a HUGE draw in Japan. Shibata & Kobashi as well.

ZSJ is popular in the UK, as are MM.

Almas is big down south.

Prime Angle was a draw in the US. Hardy popular as well.

Just because there’s no Hogan, doesn’t mean there isn’t a draw that would sell. Put this show in Japan, and it sells out, and you get plenty of PPV buys from Europe, NA and SA

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Where IS your show taking place, @Cor?

Mine is in the friendly confines of Toronto, at an outdoor venue that is guaranteed to sell out.

It's no Silverdome or anything, mind you, but I believe I've created the right atmosphere to put on one hell of a show.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Just because there’s no Hogan, doesn’t mean there isn’t a draw that would sell. Put this show in Japan, and it sells out, and you get plenty of PPV buys from Europe, NA and SA
what venue tho.
tbh in Japan, Okada vs. Almas is a rando G1 show main event at Korakuen Hall. It would sell out there. Would it sell out Sumo Hall? Ehhhhh idk I have my doubts.
Okada vs. Kobashi would've been a legit Tokyo Dome sized main event in Japan.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Where IS your show taking place, @Cor?

Mine is in the friendly confines of Toronto, at an outdoor venue that is guaranteed to sell out.

It's no Silverdome or anything, mind you, but I believe I've created the right atmosphere to put on one hell of a show.

I’m not sure it matters. All it comes down to is the card and matches, and which one someone would rather go to, regardless of where it’s held (I mean @quoipourquoi doesn't even hold their card on earth lol )

If that’s a factor for someone, I think it’s easy to see this is a card meant for Japan.

what venue tho.
tbh in Japan, Okada vs. Almas is a rando G1 show main event at Korakuen Hall. It would sell out there. Would it sell out Sumo Hall? Ehhhhh idk I have my doubts.
Okada vs. Kobashi would've been a legit Tokyo Dome sized main event in Japan.

I mean, that’s an impossible question to ask in terms of selling out a specific venue. However I firmly believe this is a card that would sell out a large venue in Japan.

Okada, Angle, Kobashi, Shibata, Almas, White

I think people forget that Almas, then La Sombre has a history in Japan. He teamed with Naito. The Japanese crowd 100% knows who he is, and would see the value that Okada vs Almas is, and go see a first time ever match there.

Angle is an international star, and this is essentially the attraction match.

Kobashi vs Shibata is a dream match.

Jay White is a star over there, and he and Buddy would tear the roof off the place.

One can argue that not having titles on the line is a mark against it, but the viability and draw power of the card is an illegitimate argument, in my honest opinion.

And even regarding the titles. I’d prefer letting the card speak for itself. I don’t need a 12 match card with 10 different titles on the line to give a sense of “prestige” to try and make average matches seem better than they are

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
For me this is an all-time wrestling draft, and Cor does not have enough of a mixture of all-time wrestlers for my own personal voting tastes.

And because of that, I give my rose to Dr. Pepper.

This is fair. And a critique I mentioned internally.

However, there’s stars of past (Angle, Hardy, Shibata), present, and future, but I didn’t go back into the 80’s or before because anyone I was looking at was scooped up, and I didn’t want to take a name just to take one

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I’m not sure it matters. All it comes down to is the card and matches, and which one someone would rather go to, regardless of where it’s held (I mean @quoipourquoi doesn't even hold their card on earth lol )

If that’s a factor for someone, I think it’s easy to see this is a card meant for Japan.

I mean, that’s an impossible question to ask in terms of selling out a specific venue. However I firmly believe this is a card that would sell out a large venue in Japan.

Okada, Angle, Kobashi, Shibata, Almas, White

I think people forget that Almas, then La Sombre has a history in Japan. He teamed with Naito. The Japanese crowd 100% knows who he is, and would see the value that Okada vs Almas is, and go see a first time ever match there.

Angle is an international star, and this is essentially the attraction match.

Kobashi vs Shibata is a dream match.

Jay White is a star over there, and he and Buddy would tear the roof off the place.

One can argue that not having titles on the line is a mark against it, but the viability and draw power of the card is an illegitimate argument, in my honest opinion.

And even regarding the titles. I’d prefer letting the card speak for itself. I don’t need a 12 match card with 10 different titles on the line to give a sense of “prestige” to try and make average matches seem better than they are

Pretty sure Japan knows who Andre the Giant is too, not to mention The Rock.

I feel my card would do quite well at the gate in Japan as well, even if the talent isn't quite to your level as far as "homegrown" names.

That said, like I mentioned earlier I opted for Toronto at a smaller venue as I feel it would create a better atmosphere for my card.

Sure my guys wouldn't be as technicially proficient in the ring, but as far as storytelling goes and pure entertainment value I think I crafted a pretty decent card.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Pretty sure Japan knows who Andre the Giant is too, not to mention The Rock.

I feel my card would do quite well at the gate in Japan as well, even if the talent isn't quite to your level as far as "homegrown" names.

That said, like I mentioned earlier I opted for Toronto at a smaller venue as I feel it would create a better atmosphere for my card.

Sure my guys wouldn't be as technicially proficient in the ring, but as far as storytelling goes and pure entertainment value I think I crafted a pretty decent card.

I’m not arguing against your card. Simply trying to answer questions about mine. I like your card.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad