Wrestling All-Time Draft IV - DISCUSSION THREAD **SEND CARDS TO CHRIS CUTTER VIA PM**

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm up right? Since Emp picked Demolition last round?

Going back to sleep for a couple hours will pick when I wake up if I'm actually up.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I'm up right? Since Emp picked Demolition last round?

Going back to sleep for a couple hours will pick when I wake up if I'm actually up.

Yeah...
My mistake.

I forgot that Emperor got a tag team with his last pick...
So I send the PM to Emperor.

You are definitely up.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Can't believe someone took Furnas and Lafon. Totally underrated tag team, one of the best in All Japan. Sadly most remember them for their WWF run where they were labeled "boring" as a gimmick almost immediately.

They've been in my plans from the get-go. Highly underrated work horses.

I might be done now, I'll have to look at my card and make sure I have no holes.

Furnas and Lafon = Can-Am Express

Thank you. For some reason that slipped my mind entirely.
Also, damn you Natey. Dolph has been hanging around in my mind for quite a while but I couldn't construct a decent enough plan for him. I was hoping he'd keep falling while I still had time to think. Imo, pound for pound one of, if not the most underrated/underutilized in the business today.

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I had also considered Ziggler for a while too...
But I have zero plans for him...
And I do not want to overload my card.
He is insane value right now.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I have a match question.
Since I drafted the only Last Man Standing/I Quit match type, I can only book one?
Can I have each match type (I Quit and Last Man Standing) on my card?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Thank you. For some reason that slipped my mind entirely.
Also, damn you Natey. Dolph has been hanging around in my mind for quite a while but I couldn't construct a decent enough plan for him. I was hoping he'd keep falling while I still had time to think. Imo, pound for pound one of, if not the most underrated/underutilized in the business today.
Honestly... He wasn't in my plans. My plans originally called for a singles match but I decided to change things up a bit.

I'm either going with a tag team match or a Fatal Four Way.

If it's a Tag Team match, I'm going with The Perfect Showoffs (Dolph Ziggler & Tye Dillinger) versus someone... Or the Fatal Four Way to crown the "best face in Professional Wrestling."

I've got one person left for my main card (It's out of 3 or 4 people).

Then between 6 and 10 for a big tag team kick-off show match.

Ps. Now that she's been picked... Molly Holly is far and away the best from the Trish and Lita era. Like it's really not even close.

I was going to add her to my card originally as Mighty Molly and have her turn on The Hurricane but that was at the bottom of my main card priority list. I'm sad she was picked but extremely happy as well.

Last edited:

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Ps. Now that she's been picked... Molly Holly is far and away the best from the Trish and Lita era. Like it's really not even close.

I was going to add her to my card originally as Mighty Molly and have her turn on The Hurricane but that was at the bottom of my main card priority list. I'm sad she was picked but extremely happy as well.

I would agree. There are still 2-3 more I would consider better than Trish and Lita as well.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I suspected that Molly Holly was the one you guys hinted at.
While I do not deny Molly Holly's in-ring skills...
I still contend that Trish and Lita were more complete performers.
Holly was game for everything...
But WWE/F gave her nothing to work with.
She was also just too much of a face...
And I never bought her as a heel.
Lastly...
I never found her to be that entertaining...
Because if I remember correctly...
Her mic work was pretty-much non-existent.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
But she was just too much of a face...
I also never found her to be that entertaining...

It's definitely hard to tell as mostly just Trish and Lita got most of the time/development. In that regards it's possible that we don't know how good or bad Molly truly is outside of in ring ability. Same goes for the others I'm thinking of.
I truly enjoy the story of Molly pitching the hair stipulation at Mania XX because she knew they'd put that on the show, as the women's title was in danger of not being present.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
It's definitely hard to tell as mostly just Trish and Lita got most of the time/development. In that regards it's possible that we don't know how good or bad Molly truly is outside of in ring ability. Same goes for the others I'm thinking of.
I truly enjoy the story of Molly pitching the hair stipulation at Mania XX because she knew they'd put that on the show, as the women's title was in danger of not being present.

I never heard of that one.
What was that about?

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I never heard of that one.
What was that about?

Molly was the challenger for the women's championship (possibly the champion). They were going to axe the match off the card at some point in the early planning and Molly was slated to lose the match. She pitched it as a hair vs hair match as women with buzzed heads in 2004 were not the norm, knowing Vince and WWE would think it was a great idea.
Basically offered to shave her head to keep the match on the card.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Molly was the challenger for the women's championship (possibly the champion). They were going to axe the match off the card at some point in the early planning and Molly was slated to lose the match. She pitched it as a hair vs hair match as women with buzzed heads in 2004 were not the norm, knowing Vince and WWE would think it was a great idea.
Basically offered to shave her head to keep the match on the card.

Wow.
I see why many people talk so fondly of her.
Respect.
:bow:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
But WWE/F gave her nothing to work with.
She was also just too much of a face...
Lastly...
I never found her to be that entertaining...
You don't remember correctly. :P

Molly was fantastic on the mic for the women in that time period. She was also a great heel (despite not wanting to be). Her prude character was great.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
You don't remember correctly. :P

Molly was fantastic on the mic for the women in that time period. She was also a great heel (despite not wanting to be). Her prude character was great.

I remember that I did not believe anything she spouted on the mic.
Half the time...
I just want her to stay quiet.
:laugh:

I was lukewarm on her heel character at the time...
But to be fair...
WWE/F gave her nothing to work with...
So she did the best she could.

Regardless...
It is all subjective.
I would definitely put her as one of the best from that awful era...
But I would still have her below Trish and Lita.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I remember that I did not believe anything she spouted on the mic.
Half the time...
I just want her to stay quiet.

I was lukewarm on her heel character at the time...
But to be fair...
WWE/F gave her nothing to work with...
So she did the best she could.

Regardless...
It is all subjective.
I would definitely put her as one of the best from that awful era...
But I would still have her below Trish and Lita.

While I do agree that Trish is seen as the best of that era, I find it hard to put Lita on even her level. Lita left a lot to be desired. She couldn't speak, and was sloppy in the ring in my estimation.
With the exception of her Rated R valet character I found every other incarnation quite boring.
It was like WWE took the two with the most sex appeal and pushed only them. Very strange.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
While I do agree that Trish is seen as the best of that era, I find it hard to put Lita on even her level. Lita left a lot to be desired. She couldn't speak, and was sloppy in the ring in my estimation.
With the exception of her Rated R valet character I found every other incarnation quite boring.
It was like WWE took the two with the most sex appeal and pushed only them. Very strange.

I agree, but before all the rated R stuff, Lita was fun to watch.

In the latest youtube binge scouting for this draft, she was far from the worst for putting on a great show.

I have to admit, when they started basing their shows more off the rated r stuff, is the decade I checked out. I always checked in to see if the Warrior ever came back, always watched the Rumble, but CM Punk brought me back to keeping up every week. In other words, I remember Lita with clothes on lol

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

Lita was definitely sloppy in the ring...
And she really did suck on the mic.

Her Rated-R gimmick largely elevated her...
And she got great heat.
Now that I think about it though...
Edge did most of the work.

Perhaps I have to reassess my evaluation of Lita.
Hmm...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lita absolutely was sloppy as hell. I mean credit to her for getting over and working her butt off, but she wasn't that good.

Trish was definitely the better worker, but she really wasn't all the special either in the grand scheme of things.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Lita absolutely was sloppy as hell. I mean credit to her for getting over and working her butt off, but she wasn't that good.

Trish was definitely the better worker, but she really wasn't all the special either in the grand scheme of things.

Hulk Hogan is the Babe Ruth of wrestling. Not Bret Hart.

John Cena is the king of Make A Wish and I will defend that kid til I die. He is on every lunchbox and rightfully so, but...

Alexei Kovalev is the most skilled pair of hands ever, not Gretzky, but still my all time fav. On the other hand the Ultimate Warrior is obviously my fav all time, not Ric Flair or Bret Hart (tho they are up there).

yKnow?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

I saw that Ziggler went in the other draft shortly after I picked him, and honestly I had no plan for him but the value was just good. I was under the assumption that a lot of people had forgotten about him. I am going to put him in a slot that I had reserved for another wrestler who probably isn't as good.

Regarding Trish and Lita, honestly I do not see the case for either of them being good in ring at all. When held to the incredible low standard of WWE 2000s womens wrestling they are good, but that's not a reasonable standard to me. As an overall performer, I don't see very much value in Lita at all. To me she was just a person who happened to be there and lucked into a somewhat prominent position. Not a good wrestler, little charisma, little talking ability. Trish on the other hand is a very good performer overall. Loads of charisma, good talker, a definite asset. A storyline prominently featuring Trish could be quite good if she was just one small part of the in ring product but a big part of everything else. With Lita I don't see it.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I saw that Ziggler went in the other draft shortly after I picked him, and honestly I had no plan for him but the value was just good. I was under the assumption that a lot of people had forgotten about him. I am going to put him in a slot that I had reserved for another wrestler who probably isn't as good.

Regarding Trish and Lita, honestly I do not see the case for either of them being good in ring at all. When held to the incredible low standard of WWE 2000s womens wrestling they are good, but that's not a reasonable standard to me. As an overall performer, I don't see very much value in Lita at all. To me she was just a person who happened to be there and lucked into a somewhat prominent position. Not a good wrestler, little charisma, little talking ability. Trish on the other hand is a very good performer overall. Loads of charisma, good talker, a definite asset. A storyline prominently featuring Trish could be quite good if she was just one small part of the in ring product but a big part of everything else. With Lita I don't see it.
I honestly haven't really looked at the other draft. I had Ziggler on early mock up cards but after seeing how people were drafting, I made the match a singles match between Dillinger and Alex Wright. But with Ziggler still being on the board in like Round 23 or 24, there was no way I wasn't going back to my original idea. He's too damn good. When you consider some of the names taken ahead of him on the B side... They best have some fantastic storylines because he's a top 15 round talent IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad