GDT: Wrestlemania: April 10-11, 2021

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Within the two nights there was an excellent Wrestlemania. Really enjoyed a lot of it. Could have cut out a lot of it too.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Honestly a quick Bray vs Fiend feud to put Fiend out of his misery and bring Bray Wyatt cult leader back would be welcome.

Bray Wyatt is quite talented in some ways - but he needs a character way more grounded to find any type of success than the Fiend allows.

I'd have him just go back to his Wyatt Family character from 2013-2014. No lame supernatural BS.

Reactions: TD Charlie and CDJ

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Honestly a quick Bray vs Fiend feud to put Fiend out of his misery and bring Bray Wyatt cult leader back would be welcome.

Bray Wyatt is quite talented in some ways - but he needs a character way more grounded to find any type of success than the Fiend allows.

I'd have him just go back to his Wyatt Family character from 2013-2014. No lame supernatural BS.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I feel really bad for Bray. He does a great job with his character and keeps him ever evolving. I truly enjoy it because he is not like anyone else in the wrestling business. He is very creative and has a totally different look. He keeps on having these feuds and then loses the payoff matches.

I’m not saying that he needs to hold the belt. He is intriguing enough that he didn’t need a title to keep him relevant. I just wish that they would give him a bit of a push while he is over. If you lose just about every feud then your character loses its lustre.

Reactions: TNT87

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I feel bad for him because they’ve absolutely murdered both intriguing characters he came up with

Good luck coming up with a 3rd. At least he’s creative. Maybe he comes back as a life coach and teams with Bo Dallas or something

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Fightful Select report claims Vince and Bruce changed that finish from one that was supposed to have Orton written off TV on Friday

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Bray Wyatt as simply Bray Wyatt is still the best character he's had. The most successful. The most compelling. Everyone was obsessed with that character, especially the mic work.

I liked the idea of the Fiend gimmick, but nothing has worked. Every feud that involved the Fiend just deadened everyone involved. Nobody comes out of a program with the Fiend better than when they went in.

Get back to the bearded, lantern carrying, rocking chair lounging, story telling promo Bray Wyatt, please.

Reactions: CDJ

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
My problem with the Fiend gimmick (outside of the wacky supernatural stuff) is that you can give that evil monster gimmick to anyone. It's a waste of Wyatt's incredible promo skills.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My problem with the Fiend gimmick (outside of the wacky supernatural stuff) is that you can give that evil monster gimmick to anyone. It's a waste of Wyatt's incredible promo skills.

reason #1 of why I think he needs to go back to the “follow the buzzards” gimmick

Reactions: Megahab

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
reason #1 of why I think he needs to go back to the “follow the buzzards” gimmick

Yeah at this point, I don't even care that it won't have any logical story explanation for his character to change that much. A total reset/restart on Wyatt is what I want. Let's forget the last 8 years ever happened.

Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The old Bray Wyatt was a death character too. Same exact as the Fiend, intriguing for a while but it was killed because it was so complicated and they didn’t know what to do with it because nobody understood it, and the matches were always hideous

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
You're all a bunch of Landsbergs with your talk of Edge and steroids. As we see here, it's all protein, apple slices, and water:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The old Bray Wyatt was a death character too. Same exact as the Fiend, intriguing for a while but it was killed because it was so complicated and they didn’t know what to do with it because nobody understood it, and the matches were always hideous

What was complicated about the old Wyatt character? He was just some kind of cult leader that wanted to cause chaos. It started getting stupid once he started doing the goofy supernatural stuff around late 2014.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What was complicated about the old Wyatt character? He was just some kind of cult leader that wanted to cause chaos. It started getting stupid once he started doing the goofy supernatural stuff around late 2014.

The goofy supernatural stuff is the only things he's ever done on the main roster. It's always been hocus pocus, the promos fell flat because they were so cryptic no one cared how to make it make sense and the in-ring made it worse.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
noooot really

The only character to ever successfully pull off a character like that was the undertaker. Kane mostly piggybacking off the undertakers established success.

To most people that sort of gimmick is a trip to the undercard

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The goofy supernatural stuff is the only things he's ever done on the main roster. It's always been hocus pocus, the promos fell flat because they were so cryptic no one cared how to make it make sense and the in-ring made it worse.

But in 2013-2014, he wasn't doing any supernatural stuff. Not that I remember. He was just some crazy guy but he wasn't this demon or whatever he is now.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
noooot really

The only character to ever successfully pull off a character like that was the undertaker. Kane mostly piggybacking off the undertakers established success.

To most people that sort of gimmick is a trip to the undercard

Of course. I didn't mean you can give anyone that gimmick and it will work. I meant putting someone like Wyatt in that gimmick wouldn't be any better than giving your average wrestler the gimmick. Meaning it's a waste of Wyatt's talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad