GDT: Wrestlemania: April 10-11, 2021

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Cesaro vs Rollins is the only match I'm interested in tonight, but honestly the Strowman vs McMahon match does have potential car crash appeal too.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
No real match excites me but I'm excited to finally see a live crowd. That is the main appeal for this year's Mania for me. Otherwise, there's matches like Cesaro vs. Rollins and Owens vs. Zayn that should be solid but I'm just not invested in to any of the storylines to care about them much.

I'm probably the only one looking for to New Day vs. Styles and Omos because I just want to see what Omos can do. I have zero knowledge about him and his background.

I want to post my predictions

-----NIGHT 1-----

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - LASHLEY vs. MCINTYRE
I want to see McIntyre will win so he can have his big moment in front of a crowd that got stolen from him last year. But Lashley's reign just began and I don't see it ending this quickly. I'm going with Lashley to win by some type of cheating.

BAD BUNNY & DAMIAN PRIEST vs. MIZ & MORRISON
Bunny and Priest to win. I didn't even know who Bad Bunny was before this year's Royal Rumble but all my friends tell me he is a pretty big deal in terms of popularity.

RAW TAG TITLES - NEW DAY vs. STYLES & OMOS
Like I said, I'm interested to see what Omos can do in the ring. He is so awkward from what I've seen. I can't imagine they'll have him lose his first match and plus they can give Styles the grand slam win. Styles & Omos to win.

CAGE MATCH - STROWMAN vs. SHANE MCMAHON
I don't exactly what the storyline here is, other than Shane keeps calling Strowman stupid. But also I think Shane asked for a cage match or he let Strowman choose the type of match. So to me, that's got to mean Shane has some kind of plan up his sleeve to take the win.

CESARO vs. ROLLINS
I take Cesaro. I feel like he has to win here. It won't hurt Rollins to lose here. There will also be a record amount of swings in this one.

WOMEN'S TAG TEAM TURMOIL MATCH
I haven't read any rumours on anything but I don't know why Bayley isn't on the card. All of these women are lost in the shuffle and I don't see any of them getting a WrestleMania win. So I think it will be a surprise team winning with Bayley being one half of it. The other half? I don't know, maybe Io Shirai. Or Becky Lynch but it doesn't make sense for her to team with Bayley. Trish and Lita? I don't know but my official pick is Bayley and Io Shirai.

SD WOMEN'S TITLE - BANKS vs. BELAIR
Belair wins cleanly. I like Belair's in-ring work but her character and charisma needs work. I don't think she's the future of women's wrestling like a lot of people think she is. But she should get a strong win here.

-----NIGHT 2-----

RAW WOMEN'S TITLE - ASUKA vs. RIPLEY
I don't see Ripley losing her first two Mania matches and Asuka seems like she's just kind of there to drop the title to someone. Ripley wins clean. Wow how far Asuka has fallen in the last 3 years.

WYATT vs. ORTON
One of the worst feuds I've ever seen. Everything about it is so bad. I guess that burned look of Wyatt is supposed to be his new look and if so, I don't see him losing his first match with it. Wyatt wins clean. Do they even call him Bray Wyatt anymore or do they only refer to him as The Fiend now? I'm getting the card from Wikipedia and it just says "The Fiend with Alexa Bliss vs. Randy Orton".

IC TITLE - NIGERIAN DRUM MATCH - BIG E vs. APOLLO
Not sure what kind of match this is but Apollo wins by cheating. Big E already got a couple of wins so I think it would hurt Apollo to lose this one. I always like Apollo's in-ring work but he seemed to have zero charisma. And he looked too much like a clean babyface, smiling all the time etc. But he's shown some character finally.

OWENS vs. ZAYN
I don't know if this is what I'm predicting or if it's what I think should happen - but I'd have Logan Paul help Zayn to win. Logan Paul is very unlikable and would make a great heel. Reminds me of Kevin Federline on Raw in 2006-2007.

US TITLE - RIDDLE vs. SHEAMUS
Sheamus has been very solid the last few months and I can't stand Riddle's character. I'm giving Sheamus the win here and a thank you US title run.

WOMEN'S TAG TITLE - JAX & BASZLER vs. TURMOIL WINNERS
Whoever is the surprise team on Night 1 will lose to Jax and Baszler because the surprise teammates can't get along and they start a feud.

UNIVERSAL TITLE - REIGNS vs. EDGE vs. BRYAN
Without reading into it, I'm thinking the only reason Bryan is in this match is so that Edge can win the title without Reigns taking the loss. Edge pins Bryan. And then they do a Edge vs. Reigns one-on-one match with Reigns winning clean in a few months. Also, according to Edge's promo, tomorrow is the 10 year anniversary of his retirement announcement. That makes me even more sure that he's going to win.

Reactions: Kaner9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
No real match excites me but I'm excited to finally see a live crowd. That is the main appeal for this year's Mania for me. Otherwise, there's matches like Cesaro vs. Rollins and Owens vs. Zayn that should be solid but I'm just not invested in to any of the storylines to care about them much.

I'm probably the only one looking for to New Day vs. Styles and Omos because I just want to see what Omos can do. I have zero knowledge about him and his background.

I want to post my predictions

-----NIGHT 1-----

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - LASHLEY vs. MCINTYRE
I want to see McIntyre will win so he can have his big moment in front of a crowd that got stolen from him last year. But Lashley's reign just began and I don't see it ending this quickly. I'm going with Lashley to win by some type of cheating.

BAD BUNNY & DAMIAN PRIEST vs. MIZ & MORRISON
Bunny and Priest to win. I didn't even know who Bad Bunny was before this year's Royal Rumble but all my friends tell me he is a pretty big deal in terms of popularity.

RAW TAG TITLES - NEW DAY vs. STYLES & OMOS
Like I said, I'm interested to see what Omos can do in the ring. He is so awkward from what I've seen. I can't imagine they'll have him lose his first match and plus they can give Styles the grand slam win. Styles & Omos to win.

CAGE MATCH - STROWMAN vs. SHANE MCMAHON
I don't exactly what the storyline here is, other than Shane keeps calling Strowman stupid. But also I think Shane asked for a cage match or he let Strowman choose the type of match. So to me, that's got to mean Shane has some kind of plan up his sleeve to take the win.

CESARO vs. ROLLINS
I take Cesaro. I feel like he has to win here. It won't hurt Rollins to lose here. There will also be a record amount of swings in this one.

WOMEN'S TAG TEAM TURMOIL MATCH
I haven't read any rumours on anything but I don't know why Bayley isn't on the card. All of these women are lost in the shuffle and I don't see any of them getting a WrestleMania win. So I think it will be a surprise team winning with Bayley being one half of it. The other half? I don't know, maybe Io Shirai. Or Becky Lynch but it doesn't make sense for her to team with Bayley. Trish and Lita? I don't know but my official pick is Bayley and Io Shirai.

SD WOMEN'S TITLE - BANKS vs. BELAIR
Belair wins cleanly. I like Belair's in-ring work but her character and charisma needs work. I don't think she's the future of women's wrestling like a lot of people think she is. But she should get a strong win here.

-----NIGHT 2-----

RAW WOMEN'S TITLE - ASUKA vs. RIPLEY
I don't see Ripley losing her first two Mania matches and Asuka seems like she's just kind of there to drop the title to someone. Ripley wins clean. Wow how far Asuka has fallen in the last 3 years.

WYATT vs. ORTON
One of the worst feuds I've ever seen. Everything about it is so bad. I guess that burned look of Wyatt is supposed to be his new look and if so, I don't see him losing his first match with it. Wyatt wins clean. Do they even call him Bray Wyatt anymore or do they only refer to him as The Fiend now? I'm getting the card from Wikipedia and it just says "The Fiend with Alexa Bliss vs. Randy Orton".

IC TITLE - NIGERIAN DRUM MATCH - BIG E vs. APOLLO
Not sure what kind of match this is but Apollo wins by cheating. Big E already got a couple of wins so I think it would hurt Apollo to lose this one. I always like Apollo's in-ring work but he seemed to have zero charisma. And he looked too much like a clean babyface, smiling all the time etc. But he's shown some character finally.

OWENS vs. ZAYN
I don't know if this is what I'm predicting or if it's what I think should happen - but I'd have Logan Paul help Zayn to win. Logan Paul is very unlikable and would make a great heel. Reminds me of Kevin Federline on Raw in 2006-2007.

US TITLE - RIDDLE vs. SHEAMUS
Sheamus has been very solid the last few months and I can't stand Riddle's character. I'm giving Sheamus the win here and a thank you US title run.

WOMEN'S TAG TITLE - JAX & BASZLER vs. TURMOIL WINNERS
Whoever is the surprise team on Night 1 will lose to Jax and Baszler because the surprise teammates can't get along and they start a feud.

UNIVERSAL TITLE - REIGNS vs. EDGE vs. BRYAN
Without reading into it, I'm thinking the only reason Bryan is in this match is so that Edge can win the title without Reigns taking the loss. Edge pins Bryan. And then they do a Edge vs. Reigns one-on-one match with Reigns winning clean in a few months. Also, according to Edge's promo, tomorrow is the 10 year anniversary of his retirement announcement. That makes me even more sure that he's going to win.

I actually didn't realize that there was going to be a crowd. I'd be quite pleased if Cesaro won. Zayn vs Owens is the match that holds the most interest for me regardless of how many times they've already wrestled over the years. I'm also cautiously optimistic about the Bryan match. Asuka vs Ripley should also be good.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I got hype for the Wwe championship match and the SmackDown women championship match. Raw tag titles match is interesting too with Omos. I also wont lie... popcorn is ready for the Shane O Strowman match lol.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wrestling was borderline unwatchable w/o fans. So happy we have fans back so i can finally watch again.

I did enjoy NXT, though. That was a good cleanser to get back in.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Assuming due to the rain, they didn't show the stadium a lot during preshow. That was strange. Should have had a lot of cuts all over. People are ready for this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Assuming due to the rain, they didn't show the stadium a lot during preshow. That was strange. Should have had a lot of cuts all over. People are ready for this.
It might be because they closed the parking lot during the storm so staff could take shelter. Cars just parked on the street until it passed. Hope there aren't still people out in the street.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It might be because they closed the parking lot during the storm so staff could take shelter. Cars just parked on the street until it passed. Hope there aren't still people out in the street.

Ooof so it was more than rain, eh?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hope this means people don't get their time cut. Looks like unscripted promo time

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
They can't find time for others but they can fit in Shane. I really hope it's a Braun squash match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad