GDT: WRESTLEMANIA 33 (April 2nd, 2017) -- IT'S THE ULTIMATE THRILL RIDE, MAGGLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I think WWE has genuinely done a good job with HHH/Rollins, Jericho/Owens, Wyatt/Orton, and Neville/Aries which makes it annoying af that one of them is a pre-show match. Styles/Shane is going to be super annoying knowing Styles deserves more but the match itself should be fine, Ambrose/Corbin could be fun as well. The Reigns/Taker match isn't exciting on paper but I think WWE has a golden opportunity here to do something amazing in a heel turn so I'm looking forward to seeing if they do that (they won't). Sad about both women's matches - WWE really dropped the ball there. Hopefully the triple threat tag titles becomes a ladder - I'd look forward to it then.

**** Goldberg/Lesnar. Indifferent to Cena-Nikki/Miz-Maryse.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They can make good with the women if Sasha/Bayley is the main event of Summerslam.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is it just me, or is Ultimate Thrill Ride starting to sound like a good PPV name?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Looking at some of the set videos... It looks massive. Not sure too many guys will be making that walk down the ramp.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think you have HHH kick out, then get pinned with the new move.

Rollins said he'll only use a new move when he finishes Triple H with his own move.

The story of the match would also be much more powerful with Rollins pinning HHH with his own move rather than having to resort to a new move. He can debut a new move at the next PPV -- he should beat HHH with the pedigree, imo.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yes Rollins has to win with the Pedigree because story reasons.

More excited for the tag belts now, it's for sure gonna open the show.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Predictions:

Neville(c) vs. Austin Aries
Winner: Aries

Alexa Bliss(c) vs SD Women
Winner: Bliss
------------
Gallows and Anderson(c) vs. Enzo and Cass vs. Sheamus and Cesaro
Winners: No Contest (Hardy's run-in or Hardy's get added to match last minute and win it.)

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon
Winner: Shane

Dean Ambrose(c) vs. Baron Corbin
Winner: Ambrose

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle
Winner: Sami Zayn

Chris Jericho(c) vs. Kevin Owens
Winner: Jericho

Bayley(c) vs. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
Winner: Bayley

Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
Winner: Reigns (hopefully turns heel)

John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. Miz and Maryse
Winners: Cena and Nikki (Cena gets attacked after the match to get written-off script and make Miz look strong.)

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins
Winner: No Contest (Match never actually starts, but Rollins gets the better of Hhh)

Bray Wyatt(c) vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Wyatt

Goldberg(c) vs. Brock Lesnar
Winner: Lesnar

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Rollins said he'll only use a new move when he finishes Triple H with his own move.

The story of the match would also be much more powerful with Rollins pinning HHH with his own move rather than having to resort to a new move. He can debut a new move at the next PPV -- he should beat HHH with the pedigree, imo.
Yeah, that makes for the better story. I had forgotten that detail of it all.

Boo. No new move then. Still a hype match.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'm not interested in Mania at all this year. Usually I go to a friends house for a Mania party, but this year I think I'd rather watch the Opening Night baseball games with Mania running on my ipad in the background.

1 of the 2-3 matches I care about is gonna be on the pre-show. And the ME is likely to basically be a squash.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
The Grandaddy of Them All The Ultimate Thrill Ride! WrestleMania 33!

I'm still peeved they gave this year's show to Orlando instead of Minneapolis, but having WrestleMania in the Citrus Bowl again is still pretty cool. Should be an interesting show.

I feel like this show is going to be similar to WrestleMania X8 where it ends up being alright but you had so many better options than what was booked (Austin/Hall at X8 and AJ/Shane this year).

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

Is there even a pinball in unsanctioned matches, doesn't the ref just usually stop it when it gets out of hand... i don't really know. The only other one I remember was HBK/Y2J and it got stopped cause HBK kept punching Jericho in the face

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The rollercoaster thing bothers me. That's fine for like Fast Lane, but not WM. WM sells itself. Give me songs like "I made it" and put a cheesy video together and i'll be hyped in no time.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Is there even a pinball in unsanctioned matches, doesn't the ref just usually stop it when it gets out of hand... i don't really know. The only other one I remember was HBK/Y2J and it got stopped cause HBK kept punching Jericho in the face

The HBK/HHH Unsanctioned match had a pinfall.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's just occurred to me that we're going to find out what Rollins new finisher is going to be. Assuming he's going to move on from the Pedigree.

I wouldn't assume that, I don't think.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel worse for Becky, especially after last year because the whole women's division was DOA until she got herself over.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The battle royal should be the only pre-show match. I feel bad for the SD Women (except Natalya) and Neville/Aries. How much non-wrestling crap are they doing that they had to bump two matches from a four hour show? **** Pitbull and Flo Rida.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We're not getting Finn Balor so that Pitbull can do things that have nothing to do with wrestling.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We're not getting Finn Balor so that Pitbull can do things that have nothing to do with wrestling.

We have to wait another year for Finn's Mania demon entrance because of Pitbull.

Joe also doesn't have a proper match, and will just be fodder for Show and Strowman.

It isn't a bad card for a normal PPV to be perfectly honest. It just isn't a good Mania card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad