Post-Game Talk: Wrapup : Game 7 DET @ ANH

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
This is pulled straight from the Ducks thread...

Hiller is never going to take us to the cup. Most of his blocks any goalie could have gotten, and rarely every stole a game, like howard did.

I'm proud of our boy Jimmy, he bounced back big in the series.

minitrucker83

Apr 2, 2012
Hats off to whoever called Filppula with the GWG, had a pretty solid game tonight after he almost cost them game 6.
I was one of them or maybe even the one. Everybody kept bashing him in the GDT so it seemed fitting. He really isnt a bad player. Maybe with one more year of watching Pav he will turn into a consistent top six forward. After all he did outscore Perry this series. :D

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I seriously can't believe the Wings won. I knew they had a chance, but I didn't believe we'd win. I wish DeKeyser and Helm were healthy, but we'll make do!

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Abby getting suspended then finding some hands???
KFQ actually playing good defense???
Fil actually showing up???

I don't give two ***** we won, I'll take it and now we get to play the hawks on our send off season. This team really makes me scratch my head sometimes though. But I'll take the W no matter what :).

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Couldn't watch the game due to family emergency.

Actually caught last 10 min or so. of course, as soon as I watched, Z made it little bit more interesting. :laugh:

even though I didnt watch, Filppula must had a good rebound game. Howards always the star and Z of course the man himself.

for those of you watched, how did our defence look? how was the game played out? and who underperformed?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Babcock deserves a lot of credit for the line changes. Brilliant.
+1 Smart move
Ducks definitely have a leadership issue - their best players always loose focus when the game isn't going their way.
They are Young, I Guess.
I seriously can't believe the Wings won. I knew they had a chance, but I didn't believe we'd win. I wish DeKeyser and Helm were healthy, but we'll make do!
This team would be so much better With those 2.

Stars of the game
Babcock, Z, Filppula, Abby, Kronwall, Datsyuk

I do not understand why it took the Wings/Babcock 6/7 games to realize they had to make it hard on Hiller. They finally went in front of Hiller and we "easily" won 2 games.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
Ducks definitely have a leadership issue - their best players always loose focus when the game isn't going their way.
that seems like a really strange conclusion.

in game 2, anaheim trailed 3-1 and 4-1, but then tied the game late in the 3rd. their best players were involved in all 4g.

in game 3, anaheim lost one of the d-men, but they still got a SO. they had to kill of a 5 on 3 when the score was 0-0, and getzlaf later scored SH to take a 2-0 lead. their top players were involved in their goals.

in game 5, hiller allowed a bad goal to franzen, but anaheim came back and tied the game. then hiller allowed a bad rebound that gave samulesson a goal. that kind of goaltending can be very demoralizing. but getzlaf tied the game late in 3rd, and bonino won the game in OT.

in game 6, anaheim trailed 1-0, but tied the game in 2nd. they then trailed 2-1 and 3-1, but sent the game to OT late in the 3rd period.

they also scored late in 3rd in game 7, and took no penalties in 3rd.

looks to me that when the game is not going their way, they often come back and tied the game, which is why 3 of 4 wins were in OT.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
Congrats from a Ducks fan. Another great series between the two franchises, and a close one as always. I have a great deal of respect for your organizations work ethic and resilience. Good luck against Chicago and let's meet again the SCF in the future. ;)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Congrats from a Ducks fan. Another great series between the two franchises, and a close one as always. I have a great deal of respect for your organizations work ethic and resilience. Good luck against Chicago and let's meet again the SCF in the future. ;)

Thanks Ducks fans. 7 games series is always interesting.

Many hockey experts picked the Wings to upset the Ducks. I Guess the pressure was on Your team, while Our players just had to play.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I'm almost tempted to give Colaiacovo a star simply for getting Lashoff out of the series.

Why wasn't this move made sooner? At least the guy does have an inkling of general hockey knowledge and positioning, even if he is an injury-prone turnover machine.

Oh yeah, but seriously... Z, Flip, Jimmy.

This has been quietly huge for us. Cola is a solid stay at home guy. Very good positioning. He made a couple of mistakes and recovered quickly very well.

Z
Pavs
Jimmy

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
I cannot believe how good Abdelkader has been down the stretch here.

Abdelkader. The only player on the entire team that I gave an F rating for mid-season grades (for what it's worth, I gave Cleary a D-). I'll be needing some butter with that crow.

Yeah. If he keeps this up, I'll get to say "I told you so" to everyone who was whining about Latendresse back when he was drafted.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
<--- Fan coming in peace to say good job Detroit!

Please be incredibly physical with Chicago. Please? :D

We'll try.

Personally, I'd enjoy a Detroit - San Jose WCF. That said, I don't see it happening.

Basically, in our last year in the west, I'd like to take down as many rivals as possible. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad