Post-Game Talk: Wrapup : Game 7 DET @ ANH

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Hats.jpg

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Z and Jimmy for sure. Then there's Fil with a clutch two points, Abby with a great shorthanded goal, and Kronwall playing half a game without really making mistakes.. Pavel was also having a great game on the defensive side. I'll go with Fil for stepping up.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If you had told me Abdelkader would be a hugely important cog in the momentum for this series, for both teams...

Who would have guessed that a year ago?

Chevrier

Mar 4, 2011
Toronto
Abdelkader's been instrumental to the Wings offense all series. This is the first post I've made in our forum since the playoffs started, but wow. All season long, I've had to listen to the Toronto media try and push the notion that we're past our prime and has little to no chance to succeed. I think my favorite part about being a diehard Wings fan is knowing that in spite of wins and losses, the team shows resiliency like not many other franchises do. Love it. I'm absolutely thrilled.

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
I'm almost tempted to give Colaiacovo a star simply for getting Lashoff out of the series.

Why wasn't this move made sooner? At least the guy does have an inkling of general hockey knowledge and positioning, even if he is an injury-prone turnover machine.

Oh yeah, but seriously... Z, Flip, Jimmy.

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
Abdelkader killed it.

Z almost killed us with a stupid penalty but I can't hate on Dear Leader.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Trolls at the Honda Center gave Etem and Fowler the 2nd and 3rd stars. :biglaugh:

Etem I could see, but ... Fowler? That's the best they can do for a spite star?

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
I cannot believe how good Abdelkader has been down the stretch here.

Abdelkader. The only player on the entire team that I gave an F rating for mid-season grades (for what it's worth, I gave Cleary a D-). I'll be needing some butter with that crow.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Trolls at the Honda Center gave Etem and Fowler the 2nd and 3rd stars. :biglaugh:

I would have accepted a Teemu spite star, given the circumstances, but the Fowler one is straight up trollin' for sure.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Zetty 1st, 2nd and 3rd star. This guys compete level is unreal in important games. Just like at the end of the year when the Wings were battling to get in, Z steps his game up and leads the way. Just a beauty player.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Fowler was great but obviously the Wings should have at least two of the stars in this game..

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
1. Z (Oh Captain, My Captain)
2. Howie (Way to earn that new contract)
3. Flip (played great all night long and got the game winner)

HM: Quincey (possibly his best game as a Wing defensively. He made 3 or 4 really solid defensive plays), Dats (just solid again), and Cleary (the guy drives me nuts, but he competed tonight and didn't just give away the puck)

Oh and for those asking when was the last time Babs out coached his opponent in the playoffs, the answer is tonight. What a great job mixing up the lineup tonight and putting the Ducks on their heels all night long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad