Post-Game Talk: Wrapup : Game 4 CHI @ DET

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
8-3 for the Red Wings at home during Game 4s now!

;-) so riding this high right now!

Howard
Abs
Kindl

Hell the entire f-ing team was good! Few little miscues but I can forgive!

We shutout the hawks!

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Howard
Captain
Kindl

Howard was the player of the game but I dont think it can be overstated how important Z is to this team.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
1. Howard
2. Goose
3. And CC, simply for the amount of ai's in his name in the poll.

1 win away.

Great win, wish we had a little more offense but a win is win.

Toews is soooo frustrated this series. :laugh:

theanomaly

you just lost the game
Nov 18, 2010
NJ
Whatever happens the rest of these playoffs, I'm proud to be a Wings fan.

exactly. my season expectations have been far surpassed at this point. i am proud regardless what happens now.

howie
kindl
z

amazing team effort tonight. drunk bickell was hilarious, only because its bickell.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Obviously,

Howie
Howie
Howie

I just love reading the Hawks board, most of them blaming the refs as the main reason they are losing this series. As if there team have not gotten away with anything. :laugh:

Plus most are yelling for Quenneville to get fired in the same way a lot of Wings fans were earlier in the year.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
wow I should know better than to look on the hawks board... According to more than a few posters, only reason wings are winning is cause of the refs. Alll the wings do is interfere, hook, and hold, wings are the darlings of the nhl, they dont get called for anything. Am I the only one who thought, like the kings last year, the wings are not a typical 7/8 seed?

Last edited:

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
wow I should know better than to look on the hawks board... According to more than a few posters, only reason wings are winning is cause of the refs. Alll the wings do is interfere, hook, and hold, wings are the darlings of the nhl, they dont get called for anything. Am I the only one who thought, like the kings last year, the wings are not a typical 7/8 seed?

Hawks fans are a lot like Hawks players:MOD
And now for my next impression: Toews. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
i am the only one very shocked at chicago's lack of intensity?

Kane benched for much of the third period?

The Wings do interfere and hook a lot, but so do the Hawks. They cheat in the faceoff circle, but so does Crosby (except he doesn't get tossed like our centers do).

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Wings do interfere and hook a lot, but so do the Hawks. They cheat in the faceoff circle, but so does Crosby (except he doesn't get tossed like our centers do).

The Hawks have ripped off everything they do from the glory period pre-cap Red Wings including all of these shenanigans. They haven't mastered it in the same way and been taught by the best at it. The Wings play up to that line. By the way the biggest blown call of the night was the decision to let the Hawks avoid a 5 on 3 on a blatant cross check.

The Wings don't make a lot of obvious penalty calls, they just don't. The Hawks are getting wrung up and actually getting off on what I consider to be some pretty blatant ones, like boarding and cross checking. A high stick is a high stick, you can whine about it but it is one of the easiest calls in sports and it has to be called every time. Toews has to keep his stick down he knows this and his reactions to them are befuddling and it is rubbing off on his teammates imo.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Kane benched for much of the third period?

thats my point, everyone does it, to whine and say your team doesnt is juvenile.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Toews has lost it. This team just doesn't seem mature enough to beat Detroit, which shocks the hell out of me. Sadly we win on Saturday and it is back to 10 PM starts for the next series

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I voted for the three Howards, but only because "The Post" wasn't one of the options :sarcasm:

I thought we played decently. Glad we finally woke up and played the final 40 minutes. Breaking the Hawks PK streak was a real highlight of the night for me.

The defensive showcase of the third period was wonderful to see.

If you had told me a month ago that we'd be this close to eliminating the Blackhawks, I'd have laughed at you. Now... well, we'll see.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I remember when some posters were wanting to play the all the rookies and give up on the season... not even try to make the playoffs because we'd just get swept in the first round anyway and it was more important to get the youngsters some ice time.

Just get to the playoffs and anything can happen.

SlavaKozlov

Feb 16, 2003
Akron, OH
Visit site
I'll believe that when he starts scoring more goals.

In 2002, Datsyuk was a 23 year old rookie who had 6 points (3 goals, 3 assists) in 21 games during the Stanley Cup run. Now, Nyquist is a 23 year old rookie who has 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists) in 11 games in his first significant playoff run (he had 4 games last season, but that series was pretty disappointing on the whole for Wings fans).

I'm not trying to say he is a lock to be the next Datsyuk or anything, but that he is a young guy adjusting to the NHL. He is playing pretty damn well for a young guy in a bottom 6 role against the best team in the league that was favored to win it all, IMO.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
The Hawks have ripped off everything they do from the glory period pre-cap Red Wings including all of these shenanigans. They haven't mastered it in the same way and been taught by the best at it. The Wings play up to that line. By the way the biggest blown call of the night was the decision to let the Hawks avoid a 5 on 3 on a blatant cross check.

The Wings don't make a lot of obvious penalty calls, they just don't. The Hawks are getting wrung up and actually getting off on what I consider to be some pretty blatant ones, like boarding and cross checking. A high stick is a high stick, you can whine about it but it is one of the easiest calls in sports and it has to be called every time. Toews has to keep his stick down he knows this and his reactions to them are befuddling and it is rubbing off on his teammates imo.

The slashing and whacking to Howard's hands was going uncalled in both the Ducks and Hawks series. Both teams try to get to him in every way possible, and why not if the refs aren't going to call it?

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING!?!?!

So much for Hawks in 5 or 6.

3 Stars:
Jimmy
Kindl
Goose

Exactly what I went with and in the same order. Kindl had another very strong game and that third line is simply too much for Chicago's bottom lines to handle. Nyquist was a constant threat.
Honorable mention goes to the guys killing penalties, Miller, Eaves and Andersson were brilliant.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I remember when some posters were wanting to play the all the rookies and give up on the season... not even try to make the playoffs because we'd just get swept in the first round anyway and it was more important to get the youngsters some ice time.

Just get to the playoffs and anything can happen.

Really, you remember that? Gosh,it was so long ago! You must have a bionic memory.

TorontoWingsFan

Nov 30, 2005
Toronto
Apparently reading the Chicago boards 5 on 5 they'd murder the Wings, its the abundance of PPs which the Wings are getting which is killing Chicago.

I mean its not like they have....1 pp goal in the series or anything. :sarcasm:

we like our team*

it's funny seeing zetterberg look so nonplussed when toews tries to react and confront him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad