GDT: WQSF | I | "Regularly Scheduled Programming" | Oilers @ Canucks | Rogers Arena | 5.8.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

LW1, I choose you!

• Mattias Janmark

• Warren Foegele

• Connor Brown

• Dylan Holloway

• Corey Perry

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Let's give this rookie goalie a steady diet of Hyman, Kane, Perry and Holloway in his face all night. I don't think the Preds had anything like this to throw at him.

Reactions: Oilhawks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Too f***ing long. I had to leave work with a terrible migraine and body aches. Hopefully the oilers are feeling better than me
Maybe you have what the gang on It's always Sunny had. Lack of alcohol causing withdrawals :sarcasm:

Let's give this rookie goalie a steady diet of Hyman, Kane, Perry and Holloway in his face all night. I don't think the Preds had anything like this to throw at him.
What "I can't believe we didn't trade for him Lafferty" is out?

• Haha
Reactions: ZJuice

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Just keep the puck on our sticks and its over. Would give them more but their fans are almost as bad as the CP crew. Let them burn it to the ground this time!

Play LaBamba Baby!
Everyone knows that CP stands for Canucks Puck these days. Those fan bases are now one in the same. ;)

Reactions: 9GWG9

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Today is so slow and forever taking.

42E7922B-EF62-426C-BC1A-9DCF59A3932C.gif

I just checked the clock a minute ago and only a minute had passed.

Reactions: Kinibo and ZJuice

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I expect 1LW to be done by committee until Henrique is back. Looks like they are starting Janmark there. That should be okay, as he is good along the boards and can dig pucks out. If they need to have a little bit more of a shooting threat, I could see them swapping Holloway or maybe even Foegele up for short times. I would prefer to keep the 3rd line mostly intact though, I like the Perry - McLeod - Holloway unit from last series. They have speed with McLeod and Holloway, a hard working net front and corners presence in Perry, and a one shot scoring threat in Holloway. A good 3rd line will be a key piece in any success we have. I don't like the idea of Brown getting top line icetime on a regular basis though. He's going to be rusty, and even though he was looking way better at the end of the season than he was for most of it, I question his skill level at this point in his career, as far as a top six role goes.

It really sucks that our trade deadline pickups are out this game, ha ha.

I don't care if we won the first round.

I'm afraid that this will jinx us the same way the Flames' hip-hop video did. :help:
Jinxes aren't real. If we lose now, it's not because of some awful PR video that was made to support the team.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Kane should be #1LW
Nuge-Drai-Foegele line #2
Holloway-McLeod-Perry (kid line)
Janmark-Ryan-Brown

Reactions: Dieseloil

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Jinxes aren't real. If we lose now, it's not because of some awful PR video that was made to support the team.
No it’s because of Alberta born and bred musical artists who sing anthems at Oiler games (so I was shouted at by others here).

Reactions: Kinibo

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
No it’s because of Alberta born and bred musical artists who sing anthems at Oiler games (so I was shouted at by others here).
I'll say the same thing I said before about ol' what's his name doing our anthem. At least we don't use Gord Bamford every game.

I'm a LOTR fan, but that scene is so god damn funny. Love that movie. :laugh:
I'm with you. My first time watching that scene, I was so conflicted, like "why are they making fun of LOTR? I mean, its not entirely false, but to hell with this hilarity", ha ha ha.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Absolutely brainless it took this long to get started. Take the body early and hopefully they’re not too rusty.

Well the silver lining here is that is Henrique really IS day-to-day, and we aren't getting bullshitted because its playoffs, that every extra day before we begun the 2nd round means a better chance of Henrique getting into some games.

Reactions: Kinibo and ZJuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad