Confirmed Trade: [WPG/WSH] Brenden Dillon for 2022 2nd round pick and 2023 2nd round pick

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Heinola did play his off-side with Morrissey as an 18 year old. Didn't look awful doing it.

Dillon - Pionk
Morrissey - Heinola
Stanley - DeMelo

Samberg continues to cook in the minors? Beaulieu as designated pilon. Kovacevic on call-up.

Poolman and Niku are probably on their way out. Chevy does this deal if he knows that Hamilton is signing elsewhere and Schmidt won't waive his NTC. Montour, McCabe, etc probably don't improve the team as much as Dillon.

My gut tells me there's no way on earth that lineup happens, there has to be another move.
That dcore still looks extremely weak. I hope for jets fans sake this isn’t the only move that they do this off-season

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
That dcore still looks extremely weak. I hope for jets fans sake this isn’t the only move that they do this off-season
It is. They dont have a number one, but you can't fix that. Perhaps Pionk continues to improve or maybe Samberg develops into one, but they aren't dishing out 10M for a dman.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
This is a win win trade.

Jets got a top 4 defenseman in Dillon who brings some snarl with his game. He's not flashy but he's steady and a blue collar type of defenseman. He was paired for most of the past season with Justin Schultz. They started off looking like a good pairing, but a few weeks in to the season the pairing began to show their warts. It was the ying and yang of defensive pairs with Schultz the more offensive type taking risks and getting more involved in plays with Dillon the more stay at home conservative player not trying to get caught up ice. Think covering as much for Schultz strained Dillon's abilities. When Schultz got hurt, Trevor Van Riemsdyk got paired with Dillon for a few games and most Caps fans thought that that was a better match as far as a pairing of defenseman. TVR seemed to compliment Dillon's style of play, both were more conservative, less risk stay at home defensemen. The Schultz/Dillon pairing was rejoined for the playoffs and many Caps fans were none to happy with their play and were hoping for a Dillon/TVR reunion. Lesson learned from all of this, I believe Dillon will be better suited with another more stay at home defenseman.

Caps needed to move a body or more for salary/cap purposes. Dillon was not at the top of many Capitals fans list for getting moved, rather the likes of Schultz, Kempny and Hagelin were mentioned more so. In the end it makes sense, Schultz and Kempny are in the last year of their contracts. Pleasantly surprised at the return the Caps got, two second round picks in what's being described as deep drafts for the next two seasons. As I said, a win win trade.

AK4774

Jul 27, 2021
Seattle could have done this lol. Vanecek isn't even worth a 3rd, only thing appealing about him is his salary.

Francis tooled Seattle hard

Reactions: Canuck86

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I like this trade for the Jets. Pionk really needed a strong partner for Pionk.

There's two ways to assess the trade value. From a market value perspective, the Jets needed to pay as much as or a bit more than the next highest bidder. Chevy tends to grind out negotiations so I think he probably paid no more than he needed to beat out competitors.

From a basic value, what's the probability of a mid to low 2nd round pick playing a few years as a good top 4 D on an NHL playoff team? Well under 50%. So, two 2nds isn't a high price in terms of overall value. Factor in that the Jets are in a "win now/soon" mode with this roster, and the value proposition is even stronger. If/when they hit the end of their window, they'll have the option to rent out expiring vets to add picks in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00