Confirmed Trade: [WPG/VGK] Paul Stastny for 2022 4th round pick and Carl Dahlstrom

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
I’d guess this didn’t happen til today so Wpg could check in with Turris camp.
No problem with a 4th for someone quite happy to play in Wpg. Good move for Jets to fill this hole before noon. On to a D man.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Great move. He was a perfect fit in Winnipeg before. And giving him wingers like Laine and Ehlers will make a boss 2nd line.

Some teams are really getting good deals in this flat cap world.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Seems to confirm Laine will not be traded. But Little (and maybe Ehlers, for cap reasons) probably will, and then Stastny will be the 2nd line C with Laine by his side. They had very nice chemistry last time Stastny was in Winnipeg.
What cap reasons? If little is ltir we have around 10mil

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I have to imagine there were better choices out there for Winnipeg to grab a center for Stastny's cap hit, which I don't think he's worth. He's not a guy who puts you over the edge, so why bother?

Not really. There isn’t much available for centres right now and I don’t think the Jets want to commit beyond a year given that we drafted an ace centre.

Is $6.5M a bit rich? Yes, but I am OK eating that premium for a year to plug a huge hole.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well done Jets...lot cheaper than the last time you got him and the cost on Hayes.

And it's great for Stastny as he should have a great year between Laine and Ehlers so could get another good contract next year...but likely a 1 year deal. Maybe even from the Jets.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Fill our 2C hole for a throw away pick and waiver wire guy we got for free who wasn't going to play in our line up. Thought I'd be disappointed about not getting a higher pick as a sweetner, but we're also not the only team with cap space looking to address the 2C hole. Gives Perfetti a year to develop and gain strength, and we fill our biggest need, that's been a need for 3 years for cheap.
Lot's of cap space left to sign a top 4 D, sign our young RFA's and take advantage of the market and bring in some depth for min salary - 1/1.5 mil, whether that be up front or on D.
Wonder if Roslovic will be shipped for a D.

Reactions: BatVader

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I can get behind this. 1 year is fine and event of I wanted Wennberg more, this is much less gamble then signing Wennberg for a couple of years.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Kind of surprised Vegas got out of that one without giving up anything. Stastny is nowhere near the level he was 2 years ago when he was with Winnipeg last time. He's gotten old fast.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I'm guessing Burmi? Did Selanne ever use #8 in a Winnipeg jersey?

Edit-- Sounds like he couldn't because Randy Carlyle had the number. I could only find photos of him wearing 13 in a Jets uniform :(
Think Trouba. The guy is a Rangers fan.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Kind of surprised Vegas got out of that one without giving up anything. Stastny is nowhere near the level he was 2 years ago when he was with Winnipeg last time. He's gotten old fast.

yep this is a great deal for Vegas. I’m really surprised they didn’t have to add an asset to Stastny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad