Confirmed Trade: [WPG/VGK] Paul Stastny for 2022 4th round pick and Carl Dahlstrom

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Looks like Paul Stastny is on his way back to Winnipeg. Wonder if the Jets are trading an asset or if Vegas is attaching something to Stastny to clear space for Pietrangelo.

Reactions: Morrison and BHD

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That's a great fit for both the player and the team. Stastny was dynamite in the short time he was in Winnipeg and a lot of Jets fans were miffed they had to let him go due to the cap crunch they faced in the 2018 offseason.

Gotta think Vegas is going to take a run at Pietrangelo and this isn't the only move they make.

Reactions: jaloviina

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Solid move. They have the money because of Little's LTIR and it gives them a reasonable facsimile of what Little would produce over the next two seasons and doesn't lock them in for a longterm piece of Little does come back.

They've had him before. They're comfortable with him

The ask shouldn't be too high since Vegas is desperate.

Reactions: jaloviina and qqaz

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
So Vegas is fine with Stephenson as the 2nd line C? I know he played well but it wasn't a big sample size.

Or gambling Glass/Krebs is ready?

Seems like a big risk for a Cup contender.

I could see them bringing back Haula on the cheap (2ish million). He was a great fit there before and a top six of he, Stone, Pacioretty, Karlsson, Smith, and Marchessault could be pretty good.

Reactions: jaloviina and qqaz

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm hoping for straight-up robbery to take this contract - VGK 2nd minimum for a 6th. Although it would probably make Laine real happy again since that line worked so well, which is where the value is. Truth be told I want Stastny back anyway to fix our 2C black hole, but I also want Vegas to get bent over for messing with us for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad