Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Trouba arbitration announcement: 1 year $5.5M (Winnipeg accepts)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
So dumb question. But have they already said yes as a team to the arbitrators 5.5 or are we still waiting some sort of official confirmation

Jets haven’t signed yet, but they will 100%.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
So are the Jets going to walk away and focus their efforts on re-signing their defensemen who actually don't mind Winnipeg?

I don't believe it has anything to do with Winnipeg. It has to do with his family and the access he has to them living and working in Canada. This is the rumor anyway.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
I can't speak to an absolute, especially from a corporate entity like you can, that's just being a sheep if you believe that

You don't know them as in TNSE but you will just jump right in and judge me and call me a name.

How you express yourself gives insight to others on what you are like...

So far...

My opinion only of course...

You have been weighed

You have been measured

And you have absolutely...

Been found wanting

Cheers :D

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Thought so, but wondered if they may be working out a longer deal or something else

Possibly a long term deal will be done eventually, they were talking in the media about it today. Last word Yrouba is still saying he wants to stay long term, which is not what he stated two years ago. Could also be a trade upcoming. Could also hold on to him potentially this season unless a contract done or the right offer comes along and then look at it again next summer. He has two more years of RFA left, this season and the following.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
The thing is though I am sure Chevy knows why Trouba wants to leave and he is just trying to keep him for as long as he can.
For sure that's the case, he is a talent, it's now up to chev to figure out the optimum time to get something from it.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
You don't know them as in TNSE but you will just jump right in and judge me and call me a name.

So far...

You have been weighed

You have been measured

Been found wanting

OK...quote your movies lol, I don't care if I don't know them, I don't speak in absolute like you do when it comez to corporate entity, I will not, sorry bro they will screw you, it's just a matter ofwhen

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
For sure that's the case, he is a talent, it's now up to chev to figure out the optimum time to get something from it.

I know the gut reaction for fans when a player wants to leave is to crap all over them but the fact is this is a business and if Trouba wants to leave regardless of his reasons, Chevy's best interest is get the most out of him through play and eventually through trade most likely.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Possibly a long term deal will be done eventually, they were talking in the media about it today. Last word Yrouba is still saying he wants to stay long term, which is not what he stated two years ago. Could also be a trade upcoming. Could also hold on to him potentially this season unless a contract done or the right offer comes along and then look at it again next summer. He has two more years of RFA left, this season and the following.
can trouba say anything else other then he wants to stay long term. its like don't blame me I want to stay its chevy being cheap. I don't buy it. its just pr on his part.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO

So far...

You have been weighed

You have been measured

Been found wanting

Also I believe I am expressing myself fine, sorry I'm not like you, a true knight of the internet sir.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I know the gut reaction for fans when a player wants to leave is to crap all over them but the fact is this is a business and if Trouba wants to leave regardless of his reasons, Chevy's best interest is get the most out of him through play and eventually through trade most likely.

100% agreed.
I think because I'm a basketball fan as well I try to take the business side of players lives personally.
People want to leave cities are come to cities for reasons we will never know.

Imo it may be smart to move him now, as the team trading for him will know he is a RFA again next summer if he will only take a 1 year deal and you will know you will get 2 years minimum out of him/ signing him long term gives you one year a bit of a discount.

Probably the best value he will have as a trade piece is now unless he goes from being a solid #2/3 to being a convincing #1/2

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Thought so, but wondered if they may be working out a longer deal or something else
no 1 year is set in stone. on jan 1st they can start talking again but I doubt trouba will. he looks to want to get to free agency as fast as he can.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
can trouba say anything else other then he wants to stay long term. its like don't blame me I want to stay its chevy being cheap. I don't buy it. its just pr on his part.

Possibly......but his wording is very different then two years ago. Even if he wants to stay, doesn’t mean a deal can be worked out, if he honestly feels he’s worth more then Chevy can pay no problem from my POV......in business often a deal can’t be done even when all parties would like nothing more...... but if the numbers don’t work the numbers don’t work. Now if he wanted significantly more to sign here vs a USA location I would be in your camp......but at this point I see no reason or evidence to suggest Trouba is being a dick......he just wants to get paid. I can’t hold that against him.....I’ve done the exact same thing in my career more then once. Told companies pay me X dollars or I walk bc I know I can get that offer else where. Don’t regret doing it a single time and has worked out very well for myself.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
What would Winnipeg be asking for in a Trouba trade

5-6 threads in the first 1-2 pages.....many offers and counter offers. IMO pieces of interest would be:

2C as a secondary need

Top 4 D

Prospects projected to be one of the above.

Depending on value of individual pieces the offer could be one or more of the above.

Don’t offer us wingers......worthless to us. Goalies are no need. Can’t take dumps back.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I would really like to see them come to long-term deal, sooner than later..

Reactions: Hunter368

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
100% agreed.
I think because I'm a basketball fan as well I try to take the business side of players lives personally.

Imo it may be smart to move him now, as the team trading for him will know he is a RFA again next summer if he will only take a 1 year deal and you will know you will get 2 years minimum out of him/ signing him long term gives you one year a bit of a discount.

Probably the best value he will have as a trade piece is now unless he goes from being a solid #2/3 to being a convincing #1/2

Quite frankly if I'm Chevy I'm holding on to Trouba for the year. Make my run and hope everything falls into place and you win a cup. Its doubtful any trade for Trouba is going to return a 1 to 1 valued player. At the very least a 1 to 1 defenceman. It's most likely going to be picks, prospects and maybe a key forward. None of those things will help this team win now.

Considering how well they did last year during the season and playoffs, you might as well bet on yourself a little and try to grab magic in a bottle. Worse case scenario you have a terrible season and you can unload him at the TDL or even if everything goes great, you can still trade him before next year.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
100% agreed.

He already is a convincing #1/2. Try doing a bit of research.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I would really like to see them come to long-term deal, sooner than later..

Might happen, not sure. Might have just run out of time. Either way I don’t mind keeping him or trading him as long as it’s a fair return.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

I doubt it.
A long term deal means he settles his family long term in a Winnipeg. You're reaching

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I doubt it.
A long term deal means he settles his family long term in a Winnipeg. You're reaching

Not reaching in least, I’m repeating what’s being reported by the media and stated by the player. Personally I haven’t placed any % chance on any of the possible outcomes. Multi possible outcomes here, personally I’m just sitting back until one happens and waiting for the season to start.

If you want to claim the media is reaching and the player is lying go ahead. No biggie to me.

Reactions: Snowman

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
100% agreed.

I think Trouba is every bit a solid 2/3 as Morgan Reilly.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It’s a smart call on his part. Protect the brand, which is him. Don’t give the fans anything to make you the fall guy. He saw what happened to Kane and how the fans reacted to his contract dispute in 2016.

Social media today as an outlet is harsh. One wrong word or tweet or post from trouba and the fans will turn on him as some have during this arbitration. Best to not fan the flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad