Confirmed Trade: [WPG/SJS] Artemi Kniazev for Leon Gawanke

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Gawanke looked real solid at the worlds if I’m thinking of the right guy. Broadcasters praised his shoot-a-lot and get-shots-through mentality.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
This is odd as Gawanke was reported to have signed a 4 year deal with Adler Mannheim of the DEL.

I wonder if he has an out clause.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
This is odd as Gawanke was reported to have signed a 4 year deal with Adler Mannheim of the DEL.
He did that because he had no chance of making the Jets roster, it forced Chevy to act. He’s putting up crazy points in the AHL, pity to lose another good RHD. I hope he takes off in San Jose.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I usually have seen or am aware of most names (players & prospects) when even the most minor trades go down and I can honestly say I have never seen either players name in my entire life before.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Hope this guy has an out clause or I have to doubt what Grier is doing. Kniazev has stuggled but still has the tools to be an NHLer if he figures it out
Doesn't need one. Unless the agreement has changed, and I can't find anything saying that it has, the transfer agreement the NHL has with Germany says he can come over with some financial compensation to his club.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I greatly appreciate this trade as I will no longer be confused by Kniazev vs. Knyzhov.

Gawanke had the slightly Twitter-famous rant where he complained to a German newspaper about his usage with Winnipeg with the poorly-Google-translated headline that read "I Ripped My Ass Open for Them."
thats a great way to put it :D
He only wanted a shot in the NHl, to be called up atleast once.
But they called up other guys who did not get as many points and he was frustrated and i cannot blame him for that.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I greatly appreciate this trade as I will no longer be confused by Kniazev vs. Knyzhov.

Gawanke had the slightly Twitter-famous rant where he complained to a German newspaper about his usage with Winnipeg with the poorly-Google-translated headline that read "I Ripped My Ass Open for Them."
I actually originally thought we were getting Knyzhov and was pretty excited at first.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

I thought just about every league in Europe other than the KHL has a transfer agreement. I might be crazy.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

I didn’t know he played for Chicago.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Typical Chevy move.. now he can go to his cottage and relax knowing he did his best to perfect the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad