Confirmed Trade: [WPG/NSH] Nino Niederreiter for 2024 2nd round pick

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Nashville seems to be new at this whole selling thing. No reason to rush this, take it to the wire and make ‘em sweat more. Demand at least another pick, even if just for optics. 2nd and a 5th just feels better, even if it likely doesn’t matter.

-an armchair GM

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Nashville is in selling mode, this confirms it.
They are 7 points behind the Avs and simply can't catch them, good move for them.

Nashville seems to be new at this whole selling thing. No reason to rush this, take it to the wire and make ‘em sweat more. Demand at least another pick, even if just for optics. 2nd and a 5th just feels better, even if it likely doesn’t matter.

-an armchair GM
Enjoy the armchair.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

-an armchair GM
No one wants to take on money. The extra year on Nino's deal likely lowered the value, as it removed a bunch of other suitors from the mix. Contenders are more able to take on expiring contracts for "mid" players because they can finangle the cap this season, but will need to absorb the full cap hit next season.

A 2nd round pick seems perfectly fair. I like it for Winnipeg. Nino is a very solid, straightforward, middle-six winger.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
No one wants to take on money. The extra year on Nino's deal likely lowered the value, as it removed a bunch of other suitors from the mix. Contenders are more able to take on expiring contracts for "mid" players because they can finangle the cap this season, but will need to absorb the full cap hit next season.

A 2nd round pick seems perfectly fair. I like it for Winnipeg. Nino is a very solid, straightforward, middle-six winger.

That’s where the “don’t rush it” comes in though- if the extra year is actually seen as a negative, ok, worst case is you wait until next year.

Nice move by the Jets.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Kinda funny that Nashville was willing to waive a solid young player in Tolvanen only to end up selling anyways.
Ya pretty awful decision this year. It's good they finally picked a direction, but only at the deadline. That's the hallmark of a bubble team and you really don't want to be that for multi years.

Reactions: 2ruSpeed

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
With the Perfetti injury it's a great move by the Jets

I think it was even without the Perfetti injury. The Jets needed players that can play 2nd or 3rd line minutes that can score prior to Perfetti's injury.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
To reiterate, 12 points in 43 Carolina playoff games.

A budget price for a budget add makes sense.
To let you know, Carolina doesn’t have many players at all known for their playoff scoring. Might not be a Nino problem. I don’t think the plan was for him to lead the way.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
On pace for 40'ish pace.
Makes 4 million next season.
A 2nd round pick here sounds about right. I don't know why some think everybody should return a 1st. This is your ideal 2nd round pick trade if you're the Jets and Nashville.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Just goes to show how bad the market is for middle six players that make 3 million plus. Flat cap has to have somebody become the victims when players are still getting raises and the Cap has been stuck a 81 million for 3 yrs

Great deal for Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4