Confirmed Trade: [WPG/NSH] Nino Niederreiter for 2024 2nd round pick

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Perhaps a dumb question but is it possible the extra year on his contract actually made him a little less valuable than if he was rental?
Not to the Jets. The word is they preferred trading for someone with term as opposed to strictly rentals.

Next I’d like to see them add Nico Sturm.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Underrated player with one fault. Nino does go MIA sometimes.

He will play in the corners though. Something they needed a little more of.
If he consistently goes to the crease and creates havoc, he will be loved by Jets fans.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I like it for both teams. Gives Nashville more cap flexibility in the off-season, and maybe Nino just didn't click with the coaching staff too well. A 2nd isn't much for Winnipeg to give up, but it's not a bad return for the Preds considering Nino is literally a 0.5 PPG middle 6 player with a 4 cap hit in a flat cap league. Why would anyone think Nino would return more than that and call it a weak return? Seems pretty much exactly perfect value tbh

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I like it for both teams. Gives Nashville more cap flexibility in the off-season, and maybe Nino just didn't click with the coaching staff too well. A 2nd isn't much for Winnipeg to give up, but it's not a bad return for the Preds considering Nino is literally a 0.5 PPG middle 6 player with a 4 cap hit in a flat cap league. Why would anyone think Nino would return more than that and call it a weak return? Seems pretty much exactly perfect value tbh
No one clicks with that coaching staff.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I've always liked him. Was disappointed it went south on the Island. I think he plays a good game.

Having him next year as basically a one year 4 mil contract is better than giving a UFA money and term. Conversely, don't see what this does for Preds but maybe they didn't view him as a good fit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad