Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets re-sign Mathieu Perreault (4 years, $4.125M AAV)

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Soooooo Andrew Shaw who is a pretty comparable player who will probably make a bit less points but has more intangibles (grit, agitator) got a contract of $3.9M for 6 year which has been called a terrible contract.

But Perreault who is 4 years older and looks to be more injury prone got a $4.1M contract and people say its a great signing?

Must be the Habs hate right....

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Soooooo Andrew Shaw who is a pretty comparable player who will probably make a bit less points but has more intangibles (grit, agitator) got a contract of $3.9M for 6 year which has been called a terrible contract.

But Perreault who is 4 years older and looks to be more injury prone got a $4.1M contract and people say its a great signing?

Shaw was an RFA with 2-3 years before UFA, whereas the Jets were buying UFA years entirely with Perreault. That's more expensive.

Also, Perreault stacks up quite favourably with Shaw....

View attachment 90827

Last edited:

powder88

Nov 21, 2013

You're joking right??? These aren't even remotely comparable players

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
averages 5 less points per 82 then wee David Desharnais... and gets 4.1m

damn. and I dotn even liek DD

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Shaw was an RFA with 2-3 years before UFA, whereas the Jets were buying UFA years entirely with Perreault. That's more expensive.

View attachment 90827

can you do the same excercise with david desharnais, out of curiosity.

im not good with these advanced stats?

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
14-16 5v5 P/60

Shaw 1.22
Bickell 1.27
Toews 1.87
Perreault 1.98

"A bit less points" :sarcasm:

convenient stats... everybody can find them like I did above. proving that,.. most fans stick up for their players more then they should.. and under value other teams players more then they should.

point in case DD has more P/82 games then Matty P

stats mean nothing often

but to say this 4.1m is a steal and shaw at 3.9 is ludicrous.. is just as ********

leafsnat1on

Jan 16, 2014
Toronto
IMO, Close to the same amount of money that Palmeiri got....aka an overpayment for a Top 9 forward with majority of ice time on the 3rd line if I'm not mistaken. Good term length tho--nothing as crazy as Shaw

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

View attachment 90827

This is the most useless comparison ever. One guy who specializes in garbage goals vs another that specializes with the puck on his stick.

Maybe we should have them fight and see who wins, that's about the same type of comparison.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
convenient stats... everybody can find them like I did above. proving that,.. most fans stick up for their players more then they should.. and under value other teams players more then they should.

point in case DD has more P/82 games then Matty P

stats mean nothing often

but to say this 4.1m is a steal and shaw at 3.9 is ludicrous.. is just as ********

DD scored .446 P/82 games

Perreault scored .577

Perreault had 12 more points than Desharnais last season and only played in 6 mores games

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This is the most useless comparison ever. One guy who specializes in garbage goals vs another that specializes with the puck on his stick.

Maybe we should have them fight and see who wins, that's about the same type of comparison.

I would think the player who can handle the puck is more worthy of a long term contract than the player who is paid for the same dirty goals many players can provide.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would think the player who can handle the puck is more worthy of a long term contract than the player who is paid for the same dirty goals many players can provide.

Except a player of Perreault's ilk is a dime a dozen in Montreal's system. Shaw was a need.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
DD scored .446 P/82 games

Perreault scored .577

Perreault had 12 more points than Desharnais last season and only played in 6 mores games

Was that p/82 just last year? I'm talking about entire career.. Surely you knew that DD has out scored him career wise

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Perreault vs DD.

Someone can probably interpret them better than I can, so I won't even try.

Looks like more power up in the old school Nintendo games. I'm guessing that's better

Is that career wise or just last season?

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
He's a perfect Swiss Army knife #5 forward type on a team that isn't built around one or two big stars.

I like this deal.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
He's a perfect Swiss Army knife #5 forward type on a team that isn't built around one or two big stars.

I like this deal.

Yep. Can be a top 6 W or 3C for us next year. Buying UFA years so it's a good price. He's the kind of guy you want Connor/Laine to be playing with.

Why is there so much talk of DD and Shaw???

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Except for production, age, RFA/UFA status, shot metrics, role and playing style...

I mean, I guess they are both below average height for NHL players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad