Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets re-sign Mathieu Perreault (4 years, $4.125M AAV)

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
I have mixed feelings about him from his duck days, I remember getting so angry when there would be chaos in front of the net on the PP and instead of firing it back at the net again he would skate it out and reset, to allow the D to reset, and I would lose my mind in the process.

He's good. Not sure if he's 4.1 good, but I'm glad to see he got paid.

Can attest that he is 4.1 good, as far as evidence for his time with the Jets provides.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Super happy this got done. Did very well at LW but could also center our 3rd line too. Term is a bit long for my liking but the AAV for what he brings to us is solid.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It's a good contract, for a good support C/W. Jets will need a few young vets to support Laine, Connor, and Scheifele in their fwd grouping. The Jets probably saved money they did not wait until he turned UFA.

Solid move again by Chevy.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
This is a good deal. Anyone who says it's an overpayment doesn't spend much time watching the Jets or Perreault.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Such an awesome player, really happy we re-upped him.

He's the type of player other fans look at and think, "he's good, not great, whatever" and Jets fans are ecstatic with him. Gives 100%, provides offense from any line, versatile, great advanced stats numbers, etc.

buttman*

So many good players on the Jets. So few results. I predict a coaching change at some point this season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Perreault is soft and has never scored 30 goals. Coming off of a 9-goal season.

Perreault is anything but soft.

9 goals is a complete aberration due to career-low shooting percentage (6.8%).

He is a beast on shot metrics and improves the performance of everyone he plays with.

This is a very good deal for the Jets and Perreault (this is buying 4 UFA years at a very productive age).

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Interesting comparison with Bozak. Pretty even. Both have their advantages. Both are good cap hits for what they bring.

Games Played

Bozak 57
Perrault 71

2015-2016

P/60

Bozak 2.12
Perrault 2.09

1st Assists

Bozak 12
Perrault 14

Face Offs

Bozak 56.4%
Perrault 46.3%

SAT%

Bozak 51.56%
Perrault 57.11%

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
Good news!

Plus, he holds the all-time NHL record for best team headshot picture, ever.

8473618.jpg

He looks like a scary hypnotist there.
I'm thinking Vandal Savage

images

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Can see why some may not get our excitement for it. You really have to watch him play a lot and look into his stats (which are impressive - literally makes every line better) to really appreciate this one. It's not an overpayment at all and the term is low risk* or the Jets.

*He is very injury prone.

He has played really well with the Jets so its great on our end.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It's a good contract, for a good support C/W. Jets will need a few young vets to support Laine, Connor, and Scheifele in their fwd grouping. The Jets probably saved money they did not wait until he turned UFA.

Solid move again by Chevy.

100% agreed. Very happy to get 4 more years of MP, and the price is good IMO.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I think we know who the fourth protected forward is now... just like most of us predicted it to be anyway. :laugh:

A nice signing, can't complain. Scheifele next please.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Everyone likes this deal, I think that the AAV is a little too much, but we'll see.

On the other hand: he's a 40-point player, hence gets paid roughly $1M for 10 points, which seems ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad