Proposal: Would you trade...

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Really, really tempting. At this stage, I'd only trade for three players straight up for Hank. It will be a cold day in hell when Hank's a Penguin. Stamkos is that other player. I'd do it and trade prospects for Bernier.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
He makes max money after this contract he is a goalie he can be replaced by some half his salary. Hank is great but hasn't earned a max deal IMO. His maxing out stunts and handcuffs he rangers for years to come offensively ..

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
They are both major impact players who can singlehandedly change the course of the game.

Stamkos is younger so I go with him.

*Bob Richards*

If we had anything resembling another goalie in the system, then maybe.

Championship*

This trade essentially turns us into the Lightning. Who replaces Henrik? Look at the two goalies left playing right now.

*Bob Richards*

To be honest, I'm not even sure Tampa takes this at all. All world goalies may not grow on trees, but neither do 60 goal scorers.

Kershaw

I think a more fair comparison would be Henrik for Henrik.

Henrik Zetterberg.

3rdlineglory

Korsi Kevin
Dec 1, 2012
Mahopac, NY
Skaters of similar caliber have a bigger impact on the ice than goalies, even goalies that are good puck handlers. Stamkos could elevate the play of his linemates and the two defensemen on the ice. He could also make the matchups easier for the other centers on our roster.

Championship*

We have a good defense and defensive forwards.

See ya Hank!

We have a better defense than the lightning, that's true. But good enough that Marty Biron is going to be able to help us win a championship? Nope.

Championship*

Skaters of similar caliber have a bigger impact on the ice than goalies, even goalies that are good puck handlers. Stamkos could elevate the play of his linemates and the two defensemen on the ice. He could also make the matchups easier for the other centers on our roster.

I mean he's certainly been able to carry that team into the playoffs consistently...

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Interesting dilemna.
Stamkos is a 1.03 PPG player.
Hank is a career 2.25 GAA.
So in theory, replacing Hank's 2.25 GAA with 3.0 GAA goalie (About average) and adding Stamkos' 1.03 PPG, the Rangers come out ahead.
But why would the Ranger do this?
Stamkos is at 7.5M cap hit, Assuming Hank is at 8M, Rangers gain 500K in cap space, is it worth it? I don't know.
Also how would Stamkos produce with this team? will he be a 1.03 PPG? You can also make the argument that he can make the players around him better, but i don't know for sure.
I can see both sides, but the the choice is not as easy as it seems.
Like i said, interesting dilemna.

Championship*

What I was trying to say was that Hank's play only affects only Hank's play with maybe the occasional pass. Stamkos' play can affect the play of the other skaters in a bigger manner than Hank's play.

And like I said, Stamkos affecting the play of other players has certainly led them to a ton of playoff success...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad