Proposal: Would you trade Stutzle for Matthews?

Would you trade Stutzle for Matthews?

• Total voters

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
I wouldn't argue that, the leafs the year after they drafted Matthews were a better team that the Sens this year, multiple players had career years, better all around team too.

TS is one of few young and up and coming sens players, and to be honest what more can he do? He is on pace for 91 points at 21, which is more than anyone not names McDavid at the same age.

I agree an honest comparison is hard, AM is the better player, without a doubt anyone arguing against that is batshit crazy, but with one year left and a massive payday coming comparing contracts is completely valid and in that aspect TS come out on top in a cap world. That is the only point most are making here.
I’m not so sure, no one had The Leafs making the playoffs that year and another high draft pick was expected. The consensus this year was that The Sens would make the playoffs.

Regarding the trade I don’t think either team would swap as the both players address their needs/timeline.

He just needs 1.
No shit, Sherlock.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
This place makes idiotic polls on the regular that get bumped a year or two after and they look truly embarrassing in hindsight. We just had a Mantha vs Nylander poll that recently resurfaced.

As for your last comment, Ottawa will actually have to get into the playoffs first. The amount of arrogance from 'SuMmEr oF PieRrE' lol

This might be one of the most embarrassing things I've ever read especially.

Isn't it kind of expected when people discuss players suuuuuper early?

I mean, NHL gm's and their scouts/advisors make terrible decisions year after year. And at the end of the day, the order at draft day is usually mich different than the order 10-20 years later.

Its all fun and games. At least nobody here (I think) is actually paid to make those gaffes...

Matthews > Stuetzle as a player, but as others pointed out, the contract situation makes the decision more difficult than just picking the best player. Its more difficult than some make it though.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I’m not so sure, no one had The Leafs making the playoffs that year and another high draft pick was expected. The consensus this year was that The Sens would make the playoffs.

Regarding the trade I don’t think either team would swap as the both players address their needs/timeline.

No shit, Sherlock.
It was? Everywhere I look now even with a quick google search did not have the sens anywhere close to making the playoffs.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What did you win? A medal? A trophy? A big cuddle and a pat on the head?

If you can’t see the futility of comparing individuals without context but looking purely at points totals then I’ll have to take your prize for winning off you.

So you don't have any argument except better team.

This is the equivalent of saying nieuwendyk is better than Sundin because he has a cup!

I'll keep my medal, trophy, big cuddle, and pat on the head, but you can try again with a relevant argument.

That's the correct conclusion when you just look at their hockeydb page, yes.
Or just watching them play, but yes.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Auston Matthews turned it on over the last 2 weeks and once again looks like a man amongst boys out there. Poll looks silly, as we knew it would once he woke up. Incoming Conn Smythe :cool:

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
5v5 Stutzle's generational season vs Matthews worst season of his career (had to control+F Stutzle to find his name below):

1680016198333.png

I have a feeling AM will notch a few more playoff points, too.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
nope. mackinnon exists.
thats why its 'arguable' MacKinnon is a 'great' player, but it took him 5 years to figure out how to play in the league for his 'breakout'.
Matthews rookie season was 40 goals, 1 less than Mac's career best.

so, yea, its 'arguable' you can favor whoever you like, and thats dandy and Mac's having maybe his best season yet, while Matthews has been playing hurt all year, and is still well over ppg,

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
No,

Matthews is a game changer, who generates offense and drives the play,

Stutzle is dependent on his line mates to do that
Wow, that is completely the opposite of reality. Do you watch games ?

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
thats why its 'arguable' MacKinnon is a 'great' player, but it took him 5 years to figure out how to play in the league for his 'breakout'.
Matthews rookie season was 40 goals, 1 less than Mac's career best.

so, yea, its 'arguable' you can favor whoever you like, and thats dandy and Mac's having maybe his best season yet, while Matthews has been playing hurt all year, and is still well over ppg,
Do you actually believe that Matthews is better than Mackinnon?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Absolutely not. Nothing indicates this on any level. Stutzle has been miles ahead of Nylander at every step. He also plays center.

Heis closer to Nylander than AM34...its not really that close even

Yah you've proven this over and over haven't you, though it's not dumb from my side, as I'm providing you a counter argument, something you don't seem to posses.

I'm done going in circles with someone who doesn't understand a counter-argument, here's a hint, using the same argument over and over, doesn't count. It also makes you look unformed and just plain silly.

Have a nice day bud.

Unreasonable predictions ans silly arguments doesn't make a counter argument LOL it makes it wishful thinking by a hometowner

• Haha

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Since you are talking playoffs, I’m willing to bet my house that Stutzle will have more playoff series wins by the end of his 6th season than Matthews had.
I mean, technically he could still win a series before Matthews does.

:popcorn:

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I usually love German players. But I’d prefer to not watch the dude flop around every night on the ice.

I have no idea what you are watching...

If you OTT you don’t do it because Matthew would leave after is contract is done, if your Toronto you don’t because you don’t need more Stutzle isn’t the kind of guy that you need to get over your playoff hump…
You DON'T know that Stutzle isn't the guy to get you over your playoff hump.

You DO that Matthews isn't the guy to get you over your playoff hump...so far after many attempts.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Absolutely not. Nothing indicates this on any level. Stutzle has been miles ahead of Nylander at every step. He also plays center.
To be fair Nylander and his daddy are far better contract negotiators than Stutzle and his agent at the same age.

Reactions: GCK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad