Proposal: Would You Trade Stützle For Jack Eichel?

Jack Eichel For Stützle

• Total voters

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
I am watching the Buffalo game currently and this popped into my head. I am personally would not, but Eichel is a high-caliber player. I guess I am just curious if you were the Sens GM would you make this trade?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I am watching the Buffalo game currently and this popped into my head. I am personally would not, but Eichel is a high-caliber player. I guess I am just curious if you were the Sens GM would you make this trade?

Will Eichel be forced to stay for the same amount of years? If so yes

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
5 years of Eichel vs a lifetime of Timmy. Easy decision, keep Timmy.

Eichel would definitely win us more games for the next 5 years, but we get at least 7 years of Timmy and potentially much more.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Nope. He’s one of my fav players in the league but I think it would ruin the chemistry on the team and the locker room and have a Duchene type of effect imo. Be patient with our young guys. Stutzle is gonna be an absolute stud Matthews/Kane hybrid and there’s still so many up and comers at forward Pinto/Greig/Formenton/L.Brown/2021 first rounder...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I wouldn't, simply because we're not an "Eichel" away from being competitive. We need a few of our Belleville kids to come through, along with our young Ottawa core to keep improving before we search for the missing piece(s).

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Jack Eichel is an incredible hockey player.

Not sure the financials work for us though.

I guess you make it work.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
No chance. I think Jimi has a chance to be a better player. I love Stuetzle’s heart and aggressiveness.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I am a huge homer and think that Stützle's skillset is unique and rare. The comparisons to Patrick Kane before the draft were a pipedream at the time but now I am seeing it.

I would not trade prime Patrick Kane for prime Jack Eichel, therefore it is worth the risk for me to hold on to Stützle and see what he becomes in a couple of seasons from now.

Last edited:

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Eichel is gonna be a guy that falls off a cliff sooner then later. He has a life leak that is not conducive to long term superstar status.

Jimmy will undoubtedly have a better career. BOOK IT

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad