Speculation: Would you trade Fowler for Nino Neiderreiter??

Corey Perry*

I guess i did not read the title was the problem. I promise you in no way would i expect you or your team to ever trade Cam for Nino that's nuts. My only point (and again i dont mean from a trade standpoint) is that saying we made the wrong pick at this time is just to early to tell. In all honestly i do not want to trade Nino anyway and i would not expect much in return at this point cementing why i would not want to trade him.

I'll agree with you there. I don't think you can call any pick from 2010 and on, a bad pick just yet.

Anyways, Fowler has already proven that he's at least an NHL talent, Nino has not. Until Nino reaches or surpasses Fowler's level, it remain a bad trade for us.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Till someone steps forward, yes it is.

Like I said, Holland hasn't even been given a chance. Until I see him fail...it isn't a big need. Obviously, if we could make something work and bring in O'Reilly or something, I'd be all for it, but I don't feel like we are in dire need for a 2C.

Corey Perry*

We haven't even given Holland a chance. The way I see it is Getzlaf is an outstanding 1C, Holland and Rakell both have real good chances to be that 2C, Koivu is an outstanding 3C, and Bonino is a very good 4C. All we need is Holland or Rakell to take the next step...Is it really that huge of a need?

Until Holland or some other prospect proves that he can play 2nd line center, it's going to be our biggest organizational need. We already have guys who can play top 6 LW, whether you view them as Left Wingers or not (Kyle Palmieri).

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Like I said, Holland hasn't even been given a chance. Until I see him fail...it isn't a big need. Obviously, if we could make something work and bring in O'Reilly or something, I'd be all for it, but I don't feel like we are in dire need for a 2C.
We are in dire need of a 2C, but that doesn't mean that the only solution is external. Holland will get his chance to show if he can be that.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Until Holland or some other prospect proves that he can play 2nd line center, it's going to be our biggest organizational need. We already have guys who can play top 6 LW, whether you view them as Left Wingers or not (Kyle Palmieri).

Fair enough. Good post

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I can definitely believe it. From the little I've seen, he appears to have slick hands and good vision.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
i love how a couple islander fans are experts on a player 3 hours outside their timezone,
Ever hear of a DVR?
as if they watch a bunch of ducks games, fowlers rookie year was really good he had 40 points, which the OP somehow forgot.
Um, please explain where I am putting Fowler down. I've been high on the kid since before his World Jr's showing.

last year he had the sophmore slump, so ****ing what? alot of players have it, he looked real good in his first game, and no way in hell does Nino have value anywhere close to fowler, now gtfo with your troll posts :D
Which was my point.

Tell me, if an ambulance arrives at your house to help you do you come out and shoot the crew? Reread what I wrote and please explain exactly how I was trolling.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I'll agree with you there. I don't think you can call any pick from 2010 and on, a bad pick just yet.
How about if that pick puts up a paper bag worthy bad debut season, followed immediately after by a demand to be traded for not being invited to camp?

His play has been good as he has rebounded this year, so the worry that he was damaged from last year's disaster is gone, but what just transpired can't be good. Here is a translation and breakdown of an interview a Swiss mag had with Nino's agent:

http://islanderspointblank.com/news/the-morning-skate-nino-niederreiters-agent-speaks-to-swiss-press/#more-38577
If one of your prospects did the same thing, how would your GM react to being basically called an idiot and needing to be fired?

Turris unloaded in the papers and got his trade, and given that Nino and Turris have put up similar numbers in the AHL (edge to Nino, believe it or not) I'd expect Nino to command the same return.

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Interesting to note that Nino's agent is Luca's agent who claims Luca went through the same thing here when sent down by the Ducks. But in that case he (the agent) knew it was all RC's fault and he just had to wait for RC to get fired. Didn't that take well into the following season after Luca's trip down?

Sounds to me like the kid better get a new agent before this one ruins his career.

http://islanderspointblank.com/news...no-niederreiters-agent-speaks-to-swiss-press/

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
I'd consider DSP+2nd 2013 or maybe a gamble and our 1st rounder + lower level prospect.

Fowler for Nino? Not in a lifetime.

The Islanders will ask for immediate help. They have Strome at center, de Haan, Reinhart & Mayfield at defense. At the wing they are not as set and DSP adds grit. So overall, Nino for DSP is a fit in terms of position, unfortunately not in value.

Oct 18, 2011

2nd line center is a need until someone steps up, i am hopeful Holland is the guy for the job, it doesn't help that Ryan and Selanne have little chemistry

Oct 18, 2011
Ever hear of a DVR?

Um, please explain where I am putting Fowler down. I've been high on the kid since before his World Jr's showing.

Which was my point.

Tell me, if an ambulance arrives at your house to help you do you come out and shoot the crew? Reread what I wrote and please explain exactly how I was trolling.
I was not alluding to you sir

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I wouldn't trade anybody for a ******* who played like 3 games in the NHL and asks for trade, let alone our 21yo top pairing d-man.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Interesting to note that Nino's agent is Luca's agent who claims Luca went through the same thing here when sent down by the Ducks. But in that case he (the agent) knew it was all RC's fault and he just had to wait for RC to get fired. Didn't that take well into the following season after Luca's trip down?

Sounds to me like the kid better get a new agent before this one ruins his career.

http://islanderspointblank.com/news...no-niederreiters-agent-speaks-to-swiss-press/
Funnily enough, I thought Sbisa played his best games under Carlyle.

As to the OP question, no.

Last edited:

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I wouldn't trade anybody for a ******* who played like 3 games in the NHL and asks for trade, let alone our 21yo top pairing d-man.

He played like 50 plus games, but thats not the point, he only had like 1 point in all of those games.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal

Are you talking about the time he was sent down to Juniors or those 7 or so games he was sent to the AHL.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal

I heard someone was saying Perry has been playing LW when Palms is on the line in the last two games. Not sure, does anyone know for sure one way or the other?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad