Would you take Rasmus Dahlin over Adam Fox and Charlie McAvoy?

Would you take Rasmus Dahlin over Adam Fox and Charlie McAvoy?

• Yes I would over both

Votes: 207 43.9%
  • Yes I would over Fox but not McAvoy

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Yes I would over McAvoy but not Fox

Votes: 121 25.7%
  • No not for either

Votes: 110 23.4%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 19 4.0%

• Total voters

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Definitely not Fox. Fox is too good. The way he controls games without being a generational type of skater or ridiculous physical specimen is downright amazing.

Always been a huge McAvoy fan but his playoff series against Florida left a really bad last impression. Obviously foolish to read too much into one series but I think his play, especially decision making, was down this year and especially in the playoffs.

I’d lean Dahlin moving forward there even though Dahlin still has to put together that full year…if he (and to some extent, the Sabres as a whole) can avoid a second half slump, he’s right there as a annual Norris finalist.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Yes but not because he's better than either at the moment. But they're all in the same ballpark and, based on his ridiculous potential, he could take a massive jump in the not-so-distant future (and I would bet on it).

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Definitely over McAvoy.

It's close with Fox, but I think I'd lean Dahlin moving forward.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd take him over Fox for sure. McAvoy is a tougher question, but probably still would. The ~3 year age difference probably tips it for me. Though if it's just for the here and now...i'm still tempted by McAvoy as such an effective all around presence.

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Dont got the time to check it out , but how old is Dahlin compared to the others? 1 year in a young Ds life can make a big difference.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Definitely not Fox. Fox is too good. The way he controls games without being a generational type of skater or ridiculous physical specimen is downright amazing.

Always been a huge McAvoy fan but his playoff series against Florida left a really bad last impression. Obviously foolish to read too much into one series but I think his play, especially decision making, was down this year and especially in the playoffs.

I’d lean Dahlin moving forward there even though Dahlin still has to put together that full year…if he (and to some extent, the Sabres as a whole) can avoid a second half slump, he’s right there as a annual Norris finalist.
Have you even watched any dahlin the last two seasons?

“Still has to put it together that full year” wtf lol?

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
A second round pick by the Flames ends up a Norris winner. How sad is that?

I'm also wondering how Fox slipped through the cracks in the draft. Why wasn't he taken first overall. If scouts had a crystal ball, things would be so different.

What would the oilers look like had they reached to take Fox 3rd overall instead of Puljujarvi? :) there might have been a riot to fire Chiarelli in Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad