Would you support moving Gelinas to forward?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Depends what forward.. But no one is going to overpay for Gelinas this season or next.. Keep him and develop him

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Gelinas to forward. Marty to defense. Cory takes over as the starter. Volchenkov becomes the new backup goalie. Everybody wins.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Move Gelinas to forward? Nope. We have enough forwards, we need all the Colin White's we can get.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
An army of Colin Whites and Jay Pandolfos. Whatever position allows him to develop quickest into one of those two players is the one I advocate. As long as he contributes nothing to the offense and slows down I'll be ok with it, though.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
If we were going to do that it would make more sense to turn him into a forward by trading for an actual forward.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
is this a thing? sign me up. I'll probably spend the next hour or so imagining the Devils starting five.

Watching the NJ Devils play basketball is something I'd pay good money to do. Good good money to do.

Like, obnoxious irresponsible money. For the shear comedy of it. I can't be the only one who would be entertained by Anton Volchenkov trying to dribble a basketball and Stephen Gionta trying to perform a crossover.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I would try him at forward if doesn't improve in his own zone and 1 on 1 after a year in the AHL.

NC107*

What a joke to think that Gelinas would be better at the forward position than he is at the defense position. He needs to go back to Albany before DeBoer screws up his head and makes him a waste. His defense is weak. His offense is spotty. He's not ready as a NHL top defensemen nor an offensemen.

One or two games doesn't make a season.

He might be OK with the Devils as they crash to the bottom.

NHL Fanatik*

The way some of you are reacting to TRYING Gelinas out on forward, makes it seem like we are MAKING Gelinas into a forward.

Damn people, calm down. It's not like it'll affect his game on D by trying F. You don't forget how to play the position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad